Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hi
    Ive installed all files except for source ja_k2filter.zip.v1.0.0
    the message is : JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find XML setup file
    Does this mean the module will not work well? Dont want to start using it and then get frustrated.
    Thanks

Luna Garden Moderator

Hi,

That package is JA K2 filter theme, to change the layout of result page, please follow this link to know more detail about it: http://www.joomlart.com/documentation/joomla-component/ja-k2-filter#custom-layout

vmalyshev Friend

Ok, but this does not answer my question. I said I can not install the file. Have you got another verstion that is isntallable? Will lack of it affect the working of the module?

Luna Garden Moderator

Hi,

This package is not like Joomla Extensions, so you can’t install like normal. The userguide I gave you show how to install it clearly:
    Step 1: Download the package of K2 Filter Theme
    Step 2: Extract the downloaded package
    Step 3: Copy the extracted folder to: components/com_k2/templates

<blockquote>Will lack of it affect the working of the module? </blockquote>
    No, it only affects to the layout of result page.

rsystems Friend

You have to unzip the package you downloaded and do a seperate install for plugin, module and component.

vmalyshev Friend

I have. I have even named you the file! PLease give a more helpful answer.
    Thank you.

Luna Garden Moderator

Hi, please check my earlier reply, let me know if that did not help.

vmalyshev Friend

ok thanks.

vmalyshev Friend

Hi again
    The reason why I can not get the layout the right way is because I do not have com_k2 folder in the beranis template.
    How could that be rectified?
    Thanks

vmalyshev Friend

got the com issue sorted. But search result all come out in one long column and includes in list not just extra fields but the whole lot…ie all K2 items.

Luna Garden Moderator

Hi,

In order to change JA K2 Filter result layout, you can follow this document link here to know how to config it: http://www.joomlart.com/documentation/joomla-component/ja-k2-filter#com-config and search for 2.2.3 Search Result Item Layout

vmalyshev Friend

Yes, thanks, Ive read it through. A few times in fact. Still layout not changing. Still search results show tonns of irrelevant info.
    I guess its an easy question. Do you mind looking at it more closely?
    Appreciate that.

Luna Garden Moderator

In this case, I need Admin account of your site for closer checking. Could you PM me these info ?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Luna Garden 9 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum