Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Can I show module search on each category page with their searchable extra fields

cre8 Friend

I’m very interested in using K2 Search & Filter module, but I would like the module to have an option at the frontpage so the user can choose in which category he wants to search, or search all of them. I saw from the screenshots that this is defined in the plugin level which means this is not doable at this time.

Do you plan to fix this? As this great module lacks a very useful option that would make it even powerfull and I could use it in almost all of the sites I’m planning to use K2…

Thanks

thuanlq Friend

Hi Cre8,

Thanks for you comment.

The JA K2 Search & Filter module you need to enable the parameter “show category”, then you choose multiple K2 extrafield groups (each extra field group is assigned to one K2 category).

At the front page, the extrafields will be grouped by K2 category.

We are developing JA K2 Search & Filter module to implement the feature using filter form for specific categories.

Regards,

thiliopoulos Friend

I am also interested in this module. I am definitely going to buy it if functionality described in previous post messages is implemented. So i have a couple of suggestions (which is also my project’s requirements) for your development team:

1. Ability to choose the categories you can search
    2. Ability to choose on the module level functionality described in (1)
    3. When for example i have these categories (i do not know if it is already implemented)

– Category1
    —Subcategory11
    —Subcategory12
    -Category2

when the user selects “Category1” from drop down, returned results should be from categories Subcategory11 & Subcategory12

Finally is there any estimation of when new version for this module (select categories on which to perform search) is going to be published?

Such kind of functionality is essential for the project i am currently working on…

regards

Thanasis

yayo76 Friend

hi,
    where i found the extrafield group id and the extrafield category id? I don’t found the ja_k2filter.php under plugins/seach/jak2_filter/tmpl folder.
    when new version for this module (select categories on which to perform search) is going to be published?
    Thanks

thangnn1510 Friend

<blockquote>where i found the extrafield group id and the extrafield category id?</blockquote>
    You could see the Group ID by editing that group and viewing its Url (see my attachment). For Categories Id please go to K2 and manage Categories.

1. extrafieldgroup-ID
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  thangnn1510 12 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum