Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

<em>@axzm 136931 wrote:</em><blockquote>So your telling me I can’t have my money back per the “100% Money Back Guarantee”?

That is what that means. If your not satisfied with the product or service, you can get your money back. I sent in the the request today (Wednesday) and I bought it last Thursday, so I am in compliance with the terms. The primary template and extensions I bought the license for are not usable for my project, so why haven’t I received and e-mail back per my request yet?

Some other fine print the owners of JA hid in there I overlooked perhaps? >:(</blockquote>
    Hmmm, if you’ve bought it within the last 7 days then I suppose you are in the loop – unless it only applies to NEW members and not renewals.

Fine prints ey?

axzm Friend

<em>@hanifahmed 136937 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hmmm, if you’ve bought it within the last 7 days then I suppose you are in the loop – unless it only applies to NEW members and not renewals.

Fine prints ey?</blockquote>
    I bought the membership thinking it was good for JA Jobs. It isn’t very clear and could be perceived as deceptive in that regard. I would very much like to support JA, I respect their work, I just needed the Job Board, and now I don’t even need that.

If the admins will not honor my refund, how does that make me feel about supporting JA in the FUTURE? I would hope you guys understand my situation and would be helpful.

gregat99 Friend

I too feel like I have been “burned” by the Developer Membership.

It was purchased primarily for access to the Job Board, and given the promise of access to “All” extensions, and the listing of Job Board within the extensions section, there seems to be false advertising of what the membership actually entails.

Within the context of the Joomla Project the concept of an “Extension” applies to components as well (extensions.joomla.org); however, semantics aside, the placement of the “component” within the list of features inherent to the membership is suggestive enough.

I have emailed them to look for further clarification, I will give them the benefit of the doubt because they seem to have a customer-oriented approach.

Anonymous Moderator

Hi gregat99,

I think that there might be misunderstanding over this.

JA Developer is allowed to download all templates under JATC templates clubs and all extensions under JAEC extensions clubs only.

JA Job Board and JA Voice are enterprise components which requires independent purchase and goes with different price scheme. All of these information are clearly stated on sign up page (https://www.joomlart.com/member/signup.php) as well as intro page of JA Job Board (http://jobboard.joomlart.com/), intro page of JA Voice (http://javoice.joomlart.com/)

Kindly view attached image for more info.

1. JA-developer_download-permission
    gregat99 Friend

Thank you for your prompt reply; I appreciate your detailed response.

However, when I signed up in the summer of 2009 the definition of what was included within the Developer Membership was not explicit.

Although you have pointed out the clear definition on the “New Member” signup page, when I upgraded to the Developer membership I did so through the “Member Area: page. I did not sign up through the link that you provided, as I had already been a long-time Joomlart member.

The “upgrade” membership page has not been updated, and still states that you have access to all available extensions. (see screenshot).

It’s also worth pointing out that when I signed up, the definition that you have recently provided was not in place, rather it has been added since then in order to clear up any confusion (as noted in other threads).

My situation that I am hoping you can resolve is that I signed up expecting to need the job board extension in the fall/winter, as you had a sale on the developer membership at that time. Having gone past the 7 day money-back guarantee before attempting to download it, I worry that neither the refund nor the initial advertisement of Job Board availability will be honoured based on this misrepresentation of features.

Please advise on how you will be resolving this.

Thank you for your time and assistance,

-Greg

1. screen
    Anonymous Moderator

Hi Greg,

So sorry that our sign up page was created long before the first single product (Joomla extensions) of JoomlArt, ie. JA Job Board and subsequently, JA Voice was launched. At those days, JoomlArt only offer Joomla templates listed under JATC club and add ons listed under JAEC club. Thus, the tooltip just says JA developer can download all extensions.

The fact is that JA Job Board and JA Voice has never been offered under JA developer package with totally different pricing. More information could be found at the news: http://www.joomlart.com/addons/components_and_modules/ja_job_board.html as well as its intro page.

And please take a look back at your own image, on the upgrade page after your logging in, JA Job Board and JA Voice are offered clearly with different price scheme (equivalent or even higher than JA Developer at once case) How can such a large component could be included within JA dev and why should different prices are offered if JA dev include these.

Anyway, we admit the mistake not updating the tooltip information as you have shown out and shall handle it within a few minutes.

<blockquote>My situation that I am hoping you can resolve is that I signed up expecting to need the job board extension in the fall/winter, as you had a sale on the developer membership at that time. Having gone past the 7 day money-back guarantee before attempting to download it, I worry that neither the refund nor the initial advertisement of Job Board availability will be honoured based on this misrepresentation of features.</blockquote>
    Given your existing JA developer license, our sales staff has directly contacted you to see if there is any encouragement.

For your information, the 7-day moneyback guarantee no question asked policy is under progress and strictly respected. Thus, your purchase for an official Job board or any other products is not risky at all.

jtruelson Friend

I renewed my developer license for two templates per month last May, only to learn in August that JA would only release one template per month – I purchased an enterprise license for Job Board last November and still am not live with it (bugs galore). A new version has been released and once again, it will now overwrite all subsequent customizations.

I was never made aware of any Job Board discount to developer members. Having been a developer member for three years now, I am not motivated to renew come May 2010.
    :((

Anonymous Moderator

Hi jtruelson,

<blockquote>I was never made aware of any Job Board discount to developer members. Having been a developer member for three years now, I am not motivated to renew come May 2010.</blockquote>

Please contact sales staff to request whether they have any encouragement for existing member.

mackspeter Friend

I think this is great to join this forum. I think now i can improvise my knowledge on Joomla and this is return going to benefit my website.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  mackspeter 14 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum