Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 76 total)
  • Author

your instructions show and tell how to add the module positions in joomla 1.0, where the heck do you do it in 1.5?? Not in the same place… at least on my stable 1.5 version…..

darylba Friend

Hi,

There may be another place but until I find it you could use the following to see them.
    mydomain.com/index.php?tp=1 This works in both versions.

Version 1.5 also has a ‘Help’ button that will tell you a great deal about the new version, go to “Help” then Joomla Helpwhile logged into the back-end of your site.

If you were looking for the Module manager it is under ‘Extensions’.

Regards

JoomLaTiDa Friend

<em>@darylba 40943 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

There may be another place but until I find it you could use the following to see them.
    mydomain.com/index.php?tp=1 This works in both versions.

Version 1.5 also has a ‘Help’ button that will tell you a great deal about the new version, go to “Help” then Joomla Helpwhile logged into the back-end of your site.

If you were looking for the Module manager it is under ‘Extensions’.

Regards</blockquote>

Thanks for that….. but according to the template instructions, the first post in the thread, we need to add some module positions. I know where to do that in 1.0, but I can’t see anywhere to do that in 1.5, maybe it does it automatically??

The help button for 1.5 doesn’t include anything for module positions.

alicia Friend

This is what i did to add a module position.

I put this code where I wanted it to be in the index.php file

<?php if ($this->countModules(‘custom’)) : ?>
    <div>
    <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”custom” style=”xhtml” />
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>

custom being changed to whateer you want it to be

then I added the position to the list in the template details file.

I found it on the net and tried to follow along :-).

Good Luck,
    Alicia

darylba Friend

joomlatida;40946Thanks for that….. but according to the template instructions, the first post in the thread, we need to add some module positions. I know where to do that in 1.0, but I can’t see anywhere to do that in 1.5, maybe it does it automatically??

Hi Joomlatida,

Sorry about my last reply I didn’t understand what you were looking for. I am researching it now to see if I can find them. When I know more I will post it unless someone else has the correct answer first. I have read at the developers docs area that there has been a change to this set up.

I just spotted the reply above mine and that looks like what we may have to do now. From what I read they have moved this into the ‘Edit HTML’, as far as I can tell.

Regards

mfcphil Friend

It would appear that the updated 1.5 template needs a 1.5 template user guide for such thing as explaining how to change MENU options and COLOUR choices.

This would help 1.5 users getting the wrong info :confused:

vetstudentjenn Friend

<em>@joomlatida 40946 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks for that….. but according to the template instructions, the first post in the thread, we need to add some module positions. I know where to do that in 1.0, but I can’t see anywhere to do that in 1.5, maybe it does it automatically??

The help button for 1.5 doesn’t include anything for module positions.</blockquote>

Was there ever a resolution to this? I am having the same problem, and as far as the answer from Alicia

<blockquote>This is what i did to add a module position.

<div>
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>

then I added the position to the list in the template details file.</blockquote>

could someone tell me how to access and make changes to the index.php file? Because I would really like to have that little nugget of knowledge stored away for a rainy day… is that done directly through the server? or can you do those changes via an ftp download and re-upload?

Thanks bunches!

Jenn

instantinlaw Friend

joomlatida;40946Thanks for that….. but according to the template instructions, the first post in the thread, we need to add some module positions. I know where to do that in 1.0, but I can’t see anywhere to do that in 1.5, maybe it does it automatically??

To add a position in 1.5 open your templateDetails.xml and add the new position to the bottom of the positions list I.e.

<position>the name of your new position</position>
    Save, then upload the file via ftp to your server.
    The new position will then show up in the dropdown list.

instantinlaw Friend

vetstudentjenn;48070Was there ever a resolution to this? I am having the same problem, and as far as the answer from Alicia

could someone tell me how to access and make changes to the index.php file? Because I would really like to have that little nugget of knowledge stored away for a rainy day… is that done directly through the server? or can you do those changes via an ftp download and re-upload?

Thanks bunches!

Jenn

Download your index.php via ftp from the templates folder, make your changes, then upload the file again via ftp.

instantinlaw Friend

Alicia;40947This is what i did to add a module position.

<div>
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>

then I added the position to the list in the template details file.

I found it on the net and tried to follow along :-).

Good Luck,
    Alicia

Alicia,
    If you are only adding the new positions called for in the readme you don’t need to add the custom php code. All you have to do is add the new position to your templateDetails.xml if it’s not already there.

JoomLaTiDa Friend

actually it seems 1.5 picks up the new positions automatically on a 1.5 template at least….

that’s been my experience so far at least…

vetstudentjenn Friend

joomlatida is right. those module positions are now available for my modules in the backend. I would swear to you that they weren’t there when I posted earlier! Maybe I restarted my browser and cleared the cache…

Thank you for the clarification on how to do those things. I really appreciate the time!

Jenn

cnavarrete Friend

Hey i have a problem, how i can changue the title of my page?, i have configured the name of my site in the global configuration but allways say: “WELCOME TO THE FRONT PAGE”, where i can changue?

darylba Friend

Hi cnavarrete,

You would open the ‘Home’ page from the main menu and you should see that setting there where you can give the page a name.

Regards

mangoman Friend

cnavarrete: This isn’t a template issue, it’s a Joomla issue…

So, here are posts from the Joomla Forums:
    http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=431&t=279280&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
    http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=200981

Very easy to do, really – good luck!
    John

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 76 total)

This topic contains 76 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  mfcphil 15 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum