Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi guys, seems like you’ve abandoned this component, but how can I switch to another one with years of comments that I can’t migrate?

I upgraded my Teline V to J3.5 and all works fine. But once I set it to PHP7 in .htaccess it gives me 500 error. I found that when I disabled JA Comment it works fine so JA Comment is the problem. Please let me know if you can make it work with PHP7. Thanks.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

HI
    The team is working on updating templates . Due to our large collection of templates it took some time , kindly wait for the update – it will be available soon. I suggest you to do not update your Joomla till the template and all extensions are not ready for it . Follow our Blog posts /NewsLetters for latest news and updates .
    Sorry for the inconvenience caused .

obliat Friend

Wow, first time I got notification email from Joomlart forum in years, again. Happy!

Thanks Pankaj, I fixed it meanwhile by commenting this piece of code

Row 2635 in components/com_jacomment/helpers/jahelper.php.

static function getAvatarGravatar($email, $avatarSize, $defaultAvatar, $ismodule, $avatarSize)...

Unfortunately I deleted the file where I saved the error, but right now Teline V works fine on J3.5 PHP70.

Would you confirm JA Comment status – will it see an upgrade or not? Thanks.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi obliat,

JA Comment will be updated for php7 and Joomla 3.5 but for now we have no plan to add features to it.

Regards

Arvind

Luna Garden Moderator

Hi Obliat,

JA Comment compatible version with Joomla 3.5.1 & php7 is released, you can try out this version in: https://www.joomlart.com/downloads/joomla-extensions/joomla-3-2-5-ja-comment-component/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Luna Garden 7 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum