Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author

Perfect. :):):)
    Thanks

marnijderr Friend

I actually love the brown, but that is because it goes with my branding and themes. JA templates are very easy to modify. Also, for coroporate sites, use some of the more generic styles like Teline, Rave, or even Ores and then add your color scheme. I have used these templates for corporate clients and modified only a few colors based on branding, and they love them.

Joomlart was the first template providers to support 1.6. Different colors for different people, but these guys have great blog posts, excellent documentation Wiki, and even better videos. I think with the release of Joomla 1.6 you will find all developers are taking the time to support their Joomla users, and as a result of all the hard work involved all sites are being quiet for a bit working away.

Thanks Joomlart. I use all of your extensions and a wide variety of templates. All of my clients are happy!

Maybe start a forum where poeple can send design ideas in? Maybe send in PSD comps, then a “surprise” template gets created sometime over the year with the most votes?

And there I go creating more work for you.

:-*

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

JA Business Version 1.0.1 is released. Minor fix >> just two files to update

http://update.joomlart.com/#compare/ja_business_j15/1.0.1/1.0.0

Please upgrade to it. replace the two files and you should be fine.

Arvind

roninhockley Friend

Basic Photoshop and CSS skills are all you need to make it any color you want. A template is a starting point. There can not ever be one template that satisfies every need.

As a matter of fact, be happy, be VERY happy you are not being given source files for Fireworks.

Go get the Adobe Photoshop trial and get with it. It takes a while to grok this software, but it is the industry standard by far.

wcbenyip Friend

<em>@roninhockley 222214 wrote:</em><blockquote>Basic Photoshop and CSS skills are all you need to make it any color you want. A template is a starting point. There can not ever be one template that satisfies every need.

As a matter of fact, be happy, be VERY happy you are not being given source files for Fireworks.

Go get the Adobe Photoshop trial and get with it. It takes a while to grok this software, but it is the industry standard by far.</blockquote>

Yes, everyone knows this fact that no one template can satisfy every need! But the point is, how come the templates from Joomlart.com ALWAYS trend to dark/brown/gray ? To be fair, my question should be which template the theme color is light and white? If there is one or some, then lots of the people with this “need” will be very happy~ However, as many members here to complain, sorry… there are only few templates for that…. and they are made long time ago~

What I would recommend is, joomlart should make with the white/light theme color at the same time when produce the further new templates as many people here really have such NEED~ And on the other hand, this is good for the marketing as it can attract more people to join joomlart with different needs! Indeed, I am looking for a clean in design and light color template…. the joomlart.com template is the exact one!!! This is my question as well… why joomlart do not use their own dark/brown color template? And why we cannot found such template with light/white color… just like this one used by joomlart itself?? That’s so funny and make me frustrated~

In general, the template made by joomlart is good and the T3 framework is great as well~ But we have to do many customized job to change the color for the template…. I think lots of the members would happy if there is some light/white color theme could be downloaded or accompany with the new template!!

Thanks for attention, and this is what I thought, not relating to “right” or “wrong”, so please do not put the hat on my head, thanks! :laugh:

boontong Friend

I am waiting also. This third week Feb – I guess.

Hamid Friend

<em>@Hung Dinh 218283 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    JA Business Template for Joomla 1.5 demo has been released sans the RTL support. We would be adding the RTL support by second week on Feb and Joomla 1.6 version will be out by 3rd week of February.

Hung Dinh
    </blockquote>

Dear Hung Dinh
    When you support RTL format for JA Business?
    Thanks

Phill Moderator

<em>@wcbenyip 219998 wrote:</em><blockquote>That’s true!!! And you would found that, Joomlart’s own website is NOT using such dark color theme? Even the color inside the mega menu is NOT using dark color like black or grey~~~ Why? It’s confusing…. they don’t using their own designed color theme…..</blockquote>

To be fair there have been many light coloured templates over the last year. Even the aformentioned Community+ has light variations out of the box.

Phill Moderator

A quick heads up that the J1.6 version has now been released – http://www.joomlart.com/blog/news-updates/joomla-16-templates-release-round-5/

jweinmann Friend

How long does it take to get a reply to a ticket? If I have a problem with installation of the template, does this mean I have to purchase the installation service rather than open a ticket? As a new member I am confused. If I don’t get some response from someone today, I will have to request a refund and get my templates elsewhere. I don’t even know if this is the right place to ask this question!!??:((

Phill Moderator

<em>@jweinmann 228340 wrote:</em><blockquote>How long does it take to get a reply to a ticket? If I have a problem with installation of the template, does this mean I have to purchase the installation service rather than open a ticket? As a new member I am confused. If I don’t get some response from someone today, I will have to request a refund and get my templates elsewhere. I don’t even know if this is the right place to ask this question!!??:((</blockquote>

Please start a thread detailing your installation problems and I will see if I can help.

jweinmann Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 228341 wrote:</em><blockquote>Please start a thread detailing your installation problems and I will see if I can help.</blockquote>

If I could figure out how to “start a thread” I would. I see where I can reply, but I do not see a function to start a new thread. So anyway, I wonder why the Ticket function doesn’t work more quickly? In the forum, I assume I can’t list logins passwords etc to the server for use by tech support. But anyway, I use IPAGE.com as the host for an existing Joomla site. I download the JA Business Template; I tried both releases 1.5 and 1.6. Both times, when I tried to upload the package, I got a internal server error, or it just timed out without completing the install.

I simply want to know:
    1. Can I get help with this through your support ticket system?
    2. Or, do I have to purchase the installation service?
    3. Or, should I get help from the hosting company, IPAGE?

I have already opened a ticket with IPAGE, but their response indicates confusion on their part, as they think I’m trying to install Joomla and not the Template, so I’m waiting for their response as to whether it’s a problem on the host end.

So, can you answer questions 1,2,and 3 above? I would greatly appreciate some direction. It’s very possible that I am not knowledgeable enough to use this website and this club, but I was hoping to become a long time member. Waiting several days for a reply to a support ticket is unacceptable though.

Phill Moderator

Firstly I can only apologist if your ticket was overlooked, this is not usual.

As for your problem usually an internal server error means just that. The only people who can see the error generated are your host in their logs. If they can tell us what the error was then we might be able to help them correct it.

Are you trying to install a complete new Joomla install using the quickstart or are you tring to install the template to an existing site?

jweinmann Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 228348 wrote:</em><blockquote>Firstly I can only apologist if your ticket was overlooked, this is not usual.

As for your problem usually an internal server error means just that. The only people who can see the error generated are your host in their logs. If they can tell us what the error was then we might be able to help them correct it.

Are you trying to install a complete new Joomla install using the quickstart or are you tring to install the template to an existing site?</blockquote>

As indicated in my previous post, I am attempting to install the JA Business Template for an existing Joomla site using the ADMIN function Extensions/install/package. I will contact the host again and see if they can help. Thank you very much for your reply.

Phill Moderator

<em>@jweinmann 228349 wrote:</em><blockquote>As indicated in my previous post, I am attempting to install the JA Business Template for an existing Joomla site using the ADMIN function Extensions/install/package. I will contact the host again and see if they can help. Thank you very much for your reply.</blockquote>

Usuall in these cases it is due to php limits that you are getting the errors. For instance if the server is only setup to allow 10mb uploads and you are installing a 14mb template. It could be the memory limit set too low or the max execution time set too low. Your host should be able to see the error in their logs and assist but it will help them if you give them the time the error occurred.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)

This topic contains 40 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  vaalf 12 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum