Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

JA Avian & Avian II – Userguide for Joomla! 1.0.x

The really improvement of current JA Avian, JA Avian II came with 3 independent and professional style: Dark, Light and Mordern version.

• For users who start your Joomla! site at the beginning, I recommend you using QuickStart package of JA Avian II, named as ja_avian_quickstart_j….zip. For instruction how to use JoomlArt quickstart package, please check the QuickStart guide
    • For users who don’t want to use RSGallery2, you only need to install JA Avian II template and mod_ja_login is enough.
    • For users who new to Joomla!, there are many useful documents available at http://joomla.org about Joomla! and how to use, please spend some time to check them out.
    • Here is some other guides that may useful for you:

• For users that already have a site with contents and other extensions installed, please follow my instruction below to understand how JA Avian II works:

I. TEMPLATE

1.1 Template Installation

After downloading JA Avian package and extract it, you will find template package named: ja_avian_template_j….zip

Proceed installation of JA Avian as other normal Joomla! templates. If you don’t know how to do installation or set a template as default, please check the How to install Joomla! template guide.

After installing and setting JA Avian as default template, your site should look like this:

To see position located in site, in Navigation toolbar input string “?tp=1” at the end of site link

1.2 Template Configuration

To configure JA Avian template, check How to configure Joomla! template guide!

You can change all JA Avian parameters as you wish.

Below is JA Avian module position and its arrangement on demo. Base on module positions, you can publish your modules on them to match JA Avian style.

If you don’t know how to create module position in Joomla!, please follow this guide

II. EXTENSION INSTALLATION

When extracting JA Avian package, you will see the folder named Extensions. All extensions needed for Avian template in here
    You check How to install Joomla! module guideand How to install Joomla! component guide for installation.

And extension details as follow:

2.1.JA RSGallery Component(com_rsgallery2_1.0_modified_by_ja.zip)

Note: You will need to enable GD2 module (it’s PHP module) to using RSGallery2. Please edit your php.ini file or contact your host provider to enable it.

After installing, the Description screen will tell you that component installed successful.

To configure this component, first, we have to choose JA Semantic as default template for RSGallery2. Goto RSGallery2 Control Panel and choose Template Manger

Then it’s time to create Categories and upload Images for your Gallery. If you got difficulty while configure RSGallery, you can find its document by click on Help button.

2.2.JA Rsslide module(mod_jarsslide.zip)
    [position: user5]

On demo, it looks like:

In Admin panel, please go to Modules>Site Modules site and click on module name (JA Rsslide) to go to configuration page.

Here is the setting of JA Rsslide on demo:

Please hover your mouse to each parameter to see its explanation and details.

2.3.JA RSMenu module(mod_jarsmenu.zip)
    [position: user1]

On demo, it looks like:

After install successful, this module will list all the category of your RSGallery2.

2.4.JA RSQuickstats module(mod_jarsquickstats.zip)
    [position: user1]

On demo, it looks like:

In Admin panel, please go to Modules>Site Modules and click on module name (JA RsQuickstats) to go to configuration page.

2.5.JA Login module(mod_jalogin.zip)
    [position: top]

On demo, it looks like:

In Admin panel, please go to Modules> Site Modules and click on module name (JA Login) to go to configuration page.

Here is the setting of JA Login on demo:

2.6.JA Newslight module(mod_janewslight.zip)
    [position: user2]

On demo, it looks like:

In Admin panel, please go to Modules>Site Modulesand click on module name (JA Newslight) to go to configuration page.

Here is the setting of JA Newslight on demo:

2.7.JA Quickjump module(mod_jaquickjump.zip)
    [position: ja-gj]

On demo, it looks like:

In Admin panel, please go to Modules>Site Modules and click on module name (JA Quickjump) to go to configuration page.

Here is the setting of JA Quickjump on demo:

III. TYPOGRAPHY

JA Avian came with a rich typography to give users more ability to customize content look and feel. Please check all JA Avian typography here at JA Avian Typography

IV. FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION

Q: I want to add a template position in to my Joomla!
    A: Go to your Administration Panel, Site -> Template Manager -> Module Positions. Add your template positions and hit the Save button.

Q: Where can I change my footer?
    A: You can see the footer in the index.php file, start with: <!– BEGIN: FOOTER –>.

Q: My images take a lot of white space and do not look good?
    A: The {mosimage} may show some extra padding and margin. To solve this problem, go to your Joomla! Administrator -> Mambots -> Site Mambots and change the margin and padding parameters of MOS Image mambot to 0.

Q: Images without caption are stuck with text?
    A: It is because Joomla! generates the code different when {mosimage} has and doesn’t have its caption. So when you decide that the image will not having a caption, put it between the div tag like this <div class=”mosimage” style=”float: left;”>{mosimage}</div>

Q: What’s a module style? And module class suffix?
    A: Almost modules offer you a parameter called Module Class Suffix. Set a value for this parameter and you will have your module’s appearance differs from the others. JA templates often provide you some module styles which can be found in Module Styles area of the guide.

Q: I changed my default color/font/resolution but when I refresh the page, it didn’t change?
    A: JA template use client’s cookie to save your preferences. If you made change to default value, please close the browser, open a blank new window and then clear the browser’s cookie. You’ll see the new preferences applied.

Q: Some of my menu looks horrible. Why?
    A: Menus in JA templates are designed with the most semantic mark up are used over the net, it’s the list style. If you made change to the menu type, go to you menu module and change the menu type parameter to Flat List. It will solve the problem.

Q: I want to change some graphic contents
    A: PSD/PNG files and fonts can be found in the template’s source package. Please download the file at our download page in case you need to modify something.

Q: It’s just a template, why need so many steps to configure and install?
    A: No, it’s more than just a template. The package we provided included template and related modules, components and source files. The page you see in our demo site is the set of template + module + component. If you want to make your site look like the demo page, you need to follow our instructions above.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Hung Dinh 15 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum