Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 168 total)
  • Author

Hi @alexm1337,

Thanks for your long sharing. We agree that ACM and UBER Template has some limitation, that’s also the reason that we decided to build JA Builder.

For JA Builder, you can use all the content types, layouts and styles to any Joomla template (including T3 Framework templates and templates from other clubs).

The builder also supports responsive design. When building a page, you can check the responsive view and we will have plan to add useful configuration for responsive view.

Alpha version is coming, 2 days left and you can try the builder for free and please give us feedback at that time.

Thanks again for your long sharing.

Regards.

stip90 Friend

Hi guys,

This is a Great step in Joomla, fronten page builder πŸ™‚

Some points of me, some i saw more here

1. Edit component article in the builder view. I want to edit all on one page.
    2. Modules anywhere in the builder
    3. Custom html blocks
    4. Custom Columns per row
    5. third party extensions (rsform,
    6. repeating rows/blocks on other pages (one place editing for all places)

Thanks again and good luck with alle the features everybody is asking πŸ™‚

7then8 Friend

All Template Clubs have Site builder now and try to make them platform independent. LetΒ΄s say Uber was something that way in a early stage. With ACM and Updates seperately for Uber and other Templates its a mess now and I would not use it again. I hope you will start to make "handcrafted" templates again, maybe generated with your sitebuilder – this seems to be more a tool for you, then for customers.
    Do you plan a regular December Template this year?

Creaktor Branding Agency Friend

Awsome API tool to integrate for ideal crop of images. Since images with css is otherwise always better.

http://www.responsivebreakpoints.com/

www.creaktor.com

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi @7then8,

Yes, we are working on the monthly template. It is News template.
    We agree that ACM and Uber has some limitation, especially the content and page setup, and JA Builder could help resolve that, now, everything is visible on front-end for you to edit and customize so you have no difficulty in building pages nor customizing content blocks.
    There are more features to come to help using the tool easier.

Regards.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi @stip90,

Let me answer your questions one by one.

1. Edit component article in the builder view. I want to edit all on one page.
      Answer: This is Joomla article content and it should be managed by Joomla content system, but you can still edit on front-end since Joomla already support the front-end article edition.

2. Modules anywhere in the builder
      Answer: I am not really clear about your point of view here, could explain in more detail please?

3. Custom html blocks
      Answer: I already added the content block request to the user wishlist

4. Custom Columns per row
      Answer: This one depends on each content block type, for some block like features intro, gallery, we already support that function, check the screenshot please.

5. third party extensions (rsform,
      Answer: JA Builder can work with all 3rd extensions, in your case, it is RSFRORM, you can create form, create module and in Builder page, you can create a spotlight block and load the RSFORM module.
      For 3rd extension that has menu type to load content like: Easysocial, Easydiscuss, etc, you can create menu item as normal and configure the main content sections in the builder edit page.

6. repeating rows/blocks on other pages (one place editing for all places)
      Answer: For now, the content blocks added to HEADER and FOOTER section will be displayed in all pages that use same JA Builder template style, here is steps:

• Step 1: go to Extensions > Templates and duplicate a JA Builder template style then assign to the pages you want to have same header and footer.
      • Step 2: open a page in that list and edit, and build header and footer sections, the header and footer sections will be the same for all pages assigned to JA Builder template style you created in step 1.

Hope the info is helpful, let me know if you have any other question.

Regards.

romolo Friend

Hi,

Firstly I’d like to say great job on the development of JA Builder. So far I’m really impressed with the page builder (especially given this is in Alpha phase). Seems well built and very easy to use – Well done JA.

A few things I’ve noted for the beta/wishlist…

1. Ability to change all block style while editing, rather than having to delete and then create new block from scratch… It seems as though this feature exists in JA Builder, but only on some of the blocks (via the the grid icon). Please expand this for all blocks.

2. More functionality on certain blocks, for example the "Clients" block it would be nice if we could change the layout, opacity of each logo, etc. I’m assuming this is simply due to the fact that it’s still in alpha phase.

3. Basic ability to edit/manage the content blocks in the module manager in the backend.

4. A small thin colour swatch next to the colour names would be useful.

5. Ability to manually insert hex colour codes. Unless you can do this and I’m just missing something??

6. Ability to assign blocks to multiple menus/pages. I know you can do this by inserting a block into the header/footer area, however it would be nice if we could manually select multiple menus/pages to display certain blocks.

7. A contact form block with custom fields – I guess this has probably already been requested.

8. Implement the JA Extensions into content blocks (at least the free ones). For example it would be great to have blocks for JA Promo Bar, JA Image hotspot, JA login, etc.

I think that’s all for now.

Thanks

John Friend

Atempted to try it out but am getting the following errors on any joomlart templates and should not be:
    Packages will not install.

PHP7
    Notice: Array to string conversion in /home/xxxx/public_html/joomla/libraries/joomla/registry/registry.php on line 351

Notice: Array to string conversion in /home/xxxx/public_html/joomla/libraries/joomla/registry/registry.php on line 353

Notice: Array to string conversion in /home/xxxx/public_html/joomla/libraries/joomla/registry/registry.php on line 355

Notice: Array to string conversion in /home/xxxx/public_html/joomla/libraries/joomla/registry/registry.php on line 359

John

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi @john,

We will check with PHP7 and if it has issue, we will update the extensions.
    Thanks for your report.

Regards.

florcoppola Friend

I’m a new JA member, and I started using ACM module with Uber and T3 also, so this will be a rocket launcher for building sites .
    Awesome idea, still waiting for prices or better, do we will have access with the standard anual membership? πŸ˜‰
    Congratulations!

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi @florcoppola,

We will announce the pricing plan for the builder soon, after the beta release. Now, we want to focus on making the builder better.

Regards.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi @romolo,
    I have replied your long sharing in the following thread, please check and let me know if you have any question:
    https://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/content-block-request/#post-994740

Regards.

pergolatios Friend

hey guyz, i tried to update to alpha2 version but im geting "Error Invalid extension update". Also at this point i cant edit any pages at the frontend.

Anyway, i really like what u guys are building and i will propably buy it when it comes out. Good job

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi @pergolatios,

We will appriciate if you could tell us the steps you did the upgrade so we can replicate the issue and fix if it is a bug? You downloaded the alpha 2 package then install?

Regards.

pergolatios Friend

In fact i didnt install it at all, because it gives me error. generally i went at control panel —-> updates are available[3]—->then i checked all updates and press update and i get a red ballon with [ERROR Invalid extension update]

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 168 total)

This topic contains 167 replies, has 75 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum