Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I have been able to progress through the installation of JA Brisk – Joomla 3.0 up to certain point. I have to point out that Installation of JA templates and using quickstarts is not new to me and I have done this many times but and this is the first time I use a Joomla 3.0 based quickstart and the first time I encounter issues during the process.

This is what I have achieved and what issues I encountered at the end. Hence not being able to complete installation of JA Bricks J3.0

– I downloaded JA Brisk for Joomala 3.0 😮
    – I did uploaded the zip file and extract it using my cpanel File Manager
    – I ensure my host (Hostgator) supports PHP 5.3.1 (I had to made some edits to .htaccess)
    – I ensure the database MySQLi is created prior to the instalation via cpanel/MySQLdatabase
    – I started the installation process and it takes me to step 1 – Configuration – everything goes well at this step
    – Installation progresses to Step 2. I fill all the info re database and then click on. It takes me with no problem to step 3.
    – At this point I do select ‘Default English (GB) Sample Data and check NO to E-mail configuration. What happens after I click on INSTALL is that it starts the installation process as illustrated in the image, then takes me back to Step 3 – Overview

Any known issues regarding this matter.:confused:
    Will appreciate your inputs,
    Regards,
    vmmir

1. Inst1
    vmmir Friend

Just to add that my host meets the minimal requirements for joomla 3.0 as indicated in the pre-installation check as indicated in the image.

1. Untitled2
    vmmir Friend

Further to my previous entries, I add some further comments as follows:
    I have downloaded and installed the standard and latest version of Joomla (3.0.2) from the joomla website just to know if it holds me on step 3. By doing this, I wouold also learned what to expect after a successful installation of JA_Brisk for J3.0. After been sucessful with the installation of the standard version of Joomla (3.0.2) I concluded that:

(1) My host offers the proper environment to install Joomla 3.0
    (2) In my opinion, something may not be ok with the current installation package (quickstart) of JA Brisk for Joomla 3.0 dated 11/09/2012.
    I look forward to receiving your feedback,
    regards

Luna Garden Moderator

Hi,
    Today JA Brisk 3.0 has new export to fix some errors. I just check and the installation goes well.
    Please download and install again the QS package, if you still can’t install it, please reply soon.

vmmir Friend

Thanks Luna.
    Problem solved! the latest QS package worked fine and installation went charmingly with no issues whatsoever1
    thanks again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  vmmir 11 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum