Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Hi,

We have an important concern around JA Builder which I would like some clarification on. We want to use JA Builder to create simple, attractive websites for a wide variety of clients.

We have a JoomlArt developer membership, so during the build of a new website we would login to our "premium" account, within the Builder to access premium blocks, tools, etc.

Then once the build is comeplete and it comes to launching the site and handover, we would logout of our premium account, handover the site and let the client complete the content management as and when required.

However it seems as though the client’s website would need to stay logged into OUR PREMIUM ACCOUNT in order for the client to edit the premium blocks which we have setup during the build…

This is a real problem going forwards, as the client could then just create their own premium blocks for themselves in future and never need to use us and our services!!

I’m sure other developers out there will share this concern.

It should not be either:

• A. The client either has all the ability in the world to create any premium blocks they want (using our premium account).

OR

• B. The client has no ability whatsoever to change the premium blocks (without our premium account).

There needs to be some form of middle ground here, in order for the client to edit the content of the website!

We think JA Builder needs the following workflow…

1. Developer can create premium blocks during development >
    2. Premium blocks become assigned to that particular website >
    3. Developer logs out of JA Builder Premium for client handover >
    4. Client has the ability to edit content within the premium blocks, but CANNOT add new premium blocks.

Please look at implementing this ASAP, as it’s very important.

Thanks

CDCG Friend

We agree that this would be a great feature. Thanks.

Yap Friend

I agree with romolo.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

It’s cool idea, I’ve passed to the team for further consideration.

Regards

seavashr Friend

+1

Just like the common industry practice the ID/Key/Association should be on the back-end and the front-end users should not need to do anything.

Hi,
    This is a real problem going forwards, as the client could then just create their own premium blocks for themselves in future and never need to use us and our services!!

As a developer I would NOT use any builder or (extension) that just point out to the up-stream developer.

romolo Friend

Hi @saguaros,

Thanks for passing this on to the team – Please can you make this a matter of urgency.

We need an answer on this as soon as possible, as we don’t want to develop sites using JA Builder if the client can’t make content changes to the premium blocks we’ve setup during the development.

Thanks

Marcos Friend

We agree that this would be a great feature. Other PageBuilder extensions can be edited without access to the linked premium account. This is only used for extension updates. I hope PageBuilder remplairs this option soon.

romolo Friend

Can we have a response on this asap ???

Thanks

ahynte Friend

I agree. There need to be limitations or possibly the ability to give logins that only have limited abilities

support@aa Friend

Agreed, this is an important feature! But why can’t you just work it like Joomla does where you can allow the editor to edit the content on the site from the front end?

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi Guys,

I have discussed this feature with the team and it would be worked upon on priority. It would be something like a lock which the developer can activate before handing over site to client. The client would be able to edit the contents only but can not add more blocks.

This is a must have feature I agree as dev login info can not be shared with clients, makes it very tricky. Also, I feel that like templates, the edit features should continue to work even after expiry of builder membership.

Give us some time, this feature would be released soon. This would be available to Builder Premium and Developer members only.

Regards

Arvind

eugacc Friend

I would say it should be option to have anyone edit existing new blocks/change blocks, but other should able edit existing pages, change text, change images, formatting. As example, I want create pages but want another user fill content (text, images, etc), then design should be locked but content not.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi guys,

This feature is available in the new version of JA Builder we released yesterday. Pls take a backup and update.

Pls notice that this feature is available for DEVELOPER and Builder PREMIUM members only. The workflow will be:

• Developer adds / creates blocks for specific website
    • Developer logs out and client will use the website
    • Client can edit the existing / added blocks on this website, but not able to add premium blocks from JA Builder

Please check it out.

Cheers!

seavashr Friend

This feature is available in the new version of JA Builder we released yesterday.

• Developer adds / creates blocks for specific website

• Developer logs out and client will use the website

Saguaros

This is a good progress, however:

1) Will the login / logo on top right corner still remains visible to the client?

2) It seems there is no standard joomla ACL so that, we could create groups and define permission levels (ie create, edit, edit Own, delete, publish, view). Am I correct? Will there be a plan to have ACL implemented?

3) Does it means now, non-super user could edit pages?

• Client can edit the existing / added blocks on this website, but not able to add premium blocks from JA Builder

4) What if developer want to have a client adds new blocks?

Also, I want to add that while this topic is about "client", it could be other team member whom could not be given high access level. IMO, ACL could give JA-Builder great usage flexibility.

Thank you

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

1) That login on top right corner still remain visible in case developer or client has membership in Joomlart / iJoomla / Jomsocial can login and add premium blocks later.

2) Yes, this ACL is not available here.

3) When client handover the website, client will need to use super admin account of website to edit page

4) You will need to that login link on top right corner.

Regards

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

This topic contains 26 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum