Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

The images doesn’t wrap on front page, is OK on other layouts.

Is there a fix in the newer version? :((

Can be viewed here.

Saguaros Moderator

Dear annaleen!

As our demo, The Thumbnail Plugin is turned on to render thumbnails for articles displaying in the Front- Page Layout, pls kindly try to check the configuration of the plugin: You set “Yes” for the “Apply for Homepage” parameter?

Thanks

annaleen Friend

<em>@tienhc 169403 wrote:</em><blockquote>Dear annaleen!

As our demo, The Thumbnail Plugin is turned on to render thumbnails for articles displaying in the Front- Page Layout, pls kindly try to check the configuration of the plugin: You set “Yes” for the “Apply for Homepage” parameter?

Thanks</blockquote>

Thank you tienhc for your quick response and valuable time.

Due to my ignorance I did not enable the plug and did not know that it’s compulsory. It’s enabled know, its still not wrapping only a smaller image.Here is my settings:

Kind regards
    Annaleen

GeoVi Friend

I’m interested in this solution as well. I’ve done everything suggested.

Thanks for posting this thread, annaleen!

annaleen Friend

You’re welcome, still awaiting a proper solution, thinking of taking articles with images off the frontpage for a while, looks unprofesional. 😮

GeoVi Friend

You’re welcome and thank you, as well.

I finally got the other thumbnail images to work but moved them from the homepage.

I would really love to place customized images looking like banner ads for church events in that space and forego any text. But, the images are being cutoff.

Really like the gold template and how your site looks. I should have put this in Showcase, apologies.

My site is eeocenter dot org

Waiting patienly. 🙂

annaleen Friend

<em>@GeoVi 169643 wrote:</em><blockquote>You’re welcome and thank you, as well.

I

My site is eeocenter dot org</blockquote>

I’m impressed with your slide -show! 😀 We’ve got a replica of The Cross with a purple drape in front of the church, would you mind if I “borrow” your picture with credits, if you don’t mind for Easter.

Tell me when you are ready and I will link to your site, all our readers are fluent in English as well.

Kind regards
    Annaleen

GeoVi Friend

<em>@annaleen 169645 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’m impressed with your slide -show! 😀 We’ve got a replica of The Cross with a purple drape in front of the church, would you mind if I “borrow” your picture with credits, if you don’t mind for Easter.

Tell me when you are ready and I will link to your site, all our readers are fluent in English as well.

Kind regards
    Annaleen</blockquote>

No, I don’t mind at all with no credits. And thanks! I’m trying to decide on light purple or dark purple. What do you think?:)

Thanks for offering to link to my site. I will do the same. I had GTranslate free version but was unsure. I like the flags you have on yours but I do not wish to purchase so I’m looking at other options.

Blessed regards,
    Avis

annaleen Friend

<em>@GeoVi 169647 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’m trying to decide on light purple or dark purple. What do you think?:)

Thanks for offering to link to my site. I will do the same. I had GTranslate free version but was unsure. I like the flags you have on yours but I do not wish to purchase so I’m looking at other options.

Blessed regards,
    Avis</blockquote>
    Thank You.! Both themes appeal to me, I would use the darker theme for Easter (more dramatic with your slide-show, and then alternate it with the lighter theme in other seasons. I would let the slides-how pictures dictate the theme if you’re going to change that with the seasons.

I’m using the free version GTranslate 😉 works very well for me, although Afrikaans is in the early translation stages for Google but it will improve.

Kind Regards

GeoVi Friend

<em>@annaleen 169653 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thank You.! Both themes appeal to me, I would use the darker theme for Easter (more dramatic with your slide-show, and then alternate it with the lighter theme in other seasons. I would let the slides-how pictures dictate the theme if you’re going to change that with the seasons.

I’m using the free version GTranslate 😉 works very well for me, although Afrikaans is in the early translation stages for Google but it will improve.

Kind Regards</blockquote>

I agree about the themes and thanks. Good idea on having the slides dictate which theme.

That’s the GTranslate I downloaded but the flags didn’t show. What module position do you have it? I put it in Newsticker position. Do you mind posting a screenshot of your settings?

I think I better get to bed… yikes the time! 🙂
    Best regards,

annaleen Friend

Mine is in User 1::)

GeoVi Friend

The “on fly” setting made the difference. I was having interference in the header no matter the position. Thank you very much. I will eliminate some of the flags later, after work. I will try and sleep now.

So lovely being acquainted with you. 🙂 Enjoy the day!

My best,
    Avis

PS I hope we get a solution from JA soon!

annaleen Friend

It’s early morning in South Africa, you can also mail me: acoetser at gmail dot com.

Saguaros Moderator

Dear annaleen!

As our demo, On front-page Layout, each image has a dimension 60px * 60px and The Front-Page layout display the list of articles different with the Category|Section Blog Layout. You must to make some change of codes for the Font-page layout if you would you like this layout display same the category|section layout.

I think that you should re-configure to the site display same as the demo 🙂 ?

Please feel free to contact me if you are in need of further assistance.

PS: if possible give me the Administrator account, and give me some ideas on this, i ‘ll try to resolve them Thanks

annaleen Friend

<em>@tienhc 169663 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    PS: if possible give me the Administrator account, and give me some ideas on this, i ‘ll try to resolve them Thanks</blockquote>
    If you register I’ll give you admin status ASP.

A screenshot for thumbnail plugin will also be welcome.

Thank you

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  annaleen 14 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum