Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Morning JA-Crew!

Not sure if this is a known issue (haven’t been able to find specific ref in the forums).

When viewing JA Villadi (and possibily also JA Shopping II) in IE7, long pages / pages with lots of info seem to have their table background colour dropped and the text displays directly over the page background. (larger red oval on the attached s-shot)

At the same time, the footer elements are moving up to the point where the background break is? (two smaller oval highlights on the screenshot)

I’ve tried attaching a screen shot from the JA Demo site to show this – not sure if the issue is all that clear at the small image size though.

Also, this is not happening in FireFox2 at all.

Am thinking it may be something in the css?? Any suggestions to resolve this – many of my clients’ users are on IE7 – and they aren’t all that impressed with things at this stage… :-[

1. ie7_display_error2
    itguy Friend

Could you please post a link to your site?

mrgpill Friend

Sadly not IT Guy – I picked this issue up on a off-line development site. But, I checked the situation using the Joomla Art Demo site, and picked up the same issue. The Screenshot attached to my first post is taken from the JA Demo site.

I’ve uploaded a full size image of the Demo Site screenshot to here:
    http://www.needz.co.za/ie7_display_error2.png

May make more sense if you can visually see what I’m talking about…..

shanefrench Friend

I’m having exactly the same issue under IE7 (haven’t tested other browsers yet). Any solution to this???

Thanks!

Michael Casha Friend

Using the DEMO site and IE7 I have no issues:

shanefrench Friend

I’m going to bed now, but will try to recreate it tomorrow. I turned off the header and highlight modules, and the problem seemed to go away. It’s either related to that, or perhaps adding more modules to left/right columns.

Someone else may want to play around with it, or I’ll give it a shot tomorrow.

mrgpill Friend

<em>@shanefrench 11489 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’m having exactly the same issue under IE7 (haven’t tested other browsers yet). Any solution to this???

Thanks!</blockquote>
    Thank heavens someone else sees this too – was starting to think I was going insane and imagining it all! :laugh: The screen shot has been keeping me sane so far…

Thanks also for taking a look at it MICCAS – still don’t entirely understand why it’s happening to me. (and Shane for that matter.)

Agree that it seems to be intermitent and dodgy IE7 related. I have managed to clear it by opening a different site in a new IE7 tab, then switching back to the tab with the demo site loaded.

Sadly though, I doubt that the bulk of the site’s users will figure that out….

itguy Friend

The demo site comes up fine here as well in IE7. I would guess it is a setting in IE7. IE7 is a bit over-restrictive with the “out of the box” settings. You might try resetting your security settings to defaults.

fahlsen Friend

So this means I cant use the newsflash module in this theme if I want to be shure IE7 users can use the site?

ShannonN Friend

fahlsen;12288So this means I cant use the newsflash module in this theme if I want to be shure IE7 users can use the site?

No it means you set up I.E 7 with the most common default type settings and test test test

fahlsen Friend

I have not changed any settings in IE7 but my page got the displayerror described in the first post here.
    The white area goes as far as the left blocks, but not any longer. Sometimes the site displays OK, but most times it does not.

fahlsen Friend

I’ve been doing some testing now, and came up with this:

The problem goes away if I remove the following modules: user1, user2 and top.
    If i add anything to one of these module positions the error comes back.

I also found out that adding some contet too user7, user8 or user9 will correct the problem, but there has to be a bug somewhere.

thewebcompany Friend

I’m using the JA Villadi using ie 6.
    This problem began as soon as i installed the template. I have done nothing else it’s righ out of the box. It seems that any wrapper used for external link cause a problem in which the page is not expanded to fit and scroll bars are not available for both bottom and side scrolls.

I have check with other templates and those work fine. So I believe that it’s something to do with the template /css.

It also does this on the contact page so I know its not just the external pages.

Help

The other question is how do I get thew exact template used as the demo – hosting? The download was not setup that way?

1. thewebco-joomla1
    2. thewebco-joomla2
    thewebcompany Friend

what do you mean by this?

thewebcompany Friend

I’ve been doing some testing now, and came up with this:

The problem goes away if I remove the following modules: user1, user2 and top.
    If i add anything to one of these module positions the error comes back.

I also found out that adding some contet too user7, user8 or user9 will correct the problem, but there has to be a bug somewhere.

——————————————————————————–

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

This topic contains 23 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  karlhus 16 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum