Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author

Hello All —

I joined this club just so I can have the artistic version of JA Wistery. I was suprised to find that the artistic version was not included in version 1.5.

I unfortuantely do know know enough to be able to install the artistic version myself. Please let me know how I can get the artistic version for 1.5. I do not know exactly what I need to copy and what I shouldn’t be copying.

So far, I’ve installed version 1.5 (but it is the normal style, not artistic).

Please help! :confused:

wooohanetworks Friend

I don’t know, it is a kind of older template. Only way around could be to install the 1.0 version and migrate the old Joomla 1.0 to the new 1.5 after the installation. I do not know for sure if that will work without errors on the template side, so anyone having done this before, just advise further or come up with an easier or other solution for this problem.

scotty Friend

Go to Admin backend>Extensions>Template Manager> Click on Wistery> You should see an option to select Artistic style.

scotty Friend

Hmm just had a look. It would appear it is not included with the 1.5 download.

wooohanetworks Friend

<em>@ascotttutoring 108448 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello All —

I joined this club just so I can have the artistic version of JA Wistery. I was suprised to find that the artistic version was not included in version 1.5.</blockquote>

Question is, is it easier to add the design attributes from the 1,0 version or the migrational way? Do 1.0 stuff fit, CSS wise alone and so on…

ascotttutoring Friend

<em>@wooohanetworks 108512 wrote:</em><blockquote>Question is, is it easier to add the design attributes from the 1,0 version or the migrational way? Do 1.0 stuff fit, CSS wise alone and so on…</blockquote>

How can I start doing this?

Should I delete version 1.5 completely?

I really wanted to stay with version 1.5 all the way. What am I migrating over exactly?

wooohanetworks Friend

I do not know, submit a support ticket to Joomlart.com (after their holiday on the 2nd next month maybe) and also look over the Joomla Forum. As I wrote, I do not know if you can simply take the artistic style and bring it over to your 1.5 version or even when you migrate an old 1.0 with the artistic style included if you can take over the template right away, if that even works.

Before doing anything, to avoid to waste time and efforts I would get some information from Joomlart.com and I hope someone who knows all about such issues will read this thread and can give some detailed information, sorry!

ascotttutoring Friend

<em>@wooohanetworks 108553 wrote:</em><blockquote>I do not know, submit a support ticket to Joomlart.com (after their holiday on the 2nd next month maybe) and also look over the Joomla Forum. As I wrote, I do not know if you can simply take the artistic style and bring it over to your 1.5 version or even when you migrate an old 1.0 with the artistic style included if you can take over the template right away, if that even works.

Before doing anything, to avoid to waste time and efforts I would get some information from Joomlart.com and I hope someone who knows all about such issues will read this thread and can give some detailed information, sorry!</blockquote>

Thank you for your responses. I was very surprised to learn that the Artistic template was not included in Version 1.5, considering I would believe many people would be attracted to the ‘Aristic’ template over the ‘Normal’ style.

After learning the ‘Artistic’ style was not included in version 1.5, I was even more surprised after learning that there was absolutely no documentation on how to convert and / or get the ‘Artistic’ style for Version 1.5

wooohanetworks Friend

I hope you get that done soon, I also submitted a ticket for some other problem right before the holidays begin, I did not know they now have holidays, so I hope they can fix that soon. From what I have seen in changes here at Joomlart.com I know they will also want to help you with that issue…

I hope it will be tutto il buono…;)

ascotttutoring Friend

<em>@wooohanetworks 108582 wrote:</em><blockquote>I hope you get that done soon, I also submitted a ticket for some other problem right before the holidays begin, I did not know they now have holidays, so I hope they can fix that soon. From what I have seen in changes here at Joomlart.com I know they will also want to help you with that issue…

I hope it will be tutto il buono…;)</blockquote>

Me too. Unfortunately, I don’t think have the luxury of waiting, as we are hoping for an immanent launch date.

Do you think this could be accomplished by Joomla Lancers? It doesn’t seem overly complicated at all, but I don’t know the specifications of what needs to be changed and what doesn’t need to be changed.

How much would be a fair price for to get the ‘Artistic’ style for v1.5?

wooohanetworks Friend

I don’t know for sure, it is about the freelancer, when you have one who is ambitious and also cool by the way, he will do it for a low price. When you have a hot runner or whatever you will pay more. Like with any other jobs or services…

Joomlart.com makes the installation for their Quickstarts for I think 40$.

The problem is I also do not know how time intensive it is to move the style over. Have you tried to simply copy the style over first and see if you can replace the normal style with the artisitic one? When you ask a real good freelancer who has his repeating clients, he will rather tell you do this or may even tell you how easy it is meaning he would not want to do this job when you can it on your own, when it is so easy.

I would simply post a job on Joomlancers and see the responses, I also never used this site, as we have here local ones like that, but I suppose you can post jobs and get offers back, than you can decide who you want and so on…Hope it is that way with Joomlancers too,..,

What shall I say, try it on your own first or simply post the job and get some offers. More than 100$ may be a rip off.

Hope you get it done!

ascotttutoring Friend

<em>@wooohanetworks 108612 wrote:</em><blockquote>I don’t know for sure, it is about the freelancer, when you have one who is ambitious and also cool by the way, he will do it for a low price. When you have a hot runner or whatever you will pay more. Like with any other jobs or services…

Joomlart.com makes the installation for their Quickstarts for I think 40$.

The problem is I also do not know how time intensive it is to move the style over. Have you tried to simply copy the style over first and see if you can replace the normal style with the artisitic one? When you ask a real good freelancer who has his repeating clients, he will rather tell you do this or may even tell you how easy it is meaning he would not want to do this job when you can it on your own, when it is so easy.

I would simply post a job on Joomlancers and see the responses, I also never used this site, as we have here local ones like that, but I suppose you can post jobs and get offers back, than you can decide who you want and so on…Hope it is that way with Joomlancers too,..,

What shall I say, try it on your own first or simply post the job and get some offers. More than 100$ may be a rip off.

Hope you get it done!</blockquote>

Only 1 bidder so far and he wants $149. This seems like an exceedingly simple fix that should’ve been in the user manual to begin with. 🙁

bydomino Friend

I too joined just for this template. Did you have any luck with this?

bydomino Friend
    wooohanetworks Friend

<em>@ascotttutoring 108668 wrote:</em><blockquote>Only 1 bidder so far and he wants $149. This seems like an exceedingly simple fix that should’ve been in the user manual to begin with. :(</blockquote>

Like I said, and same with VirtueMart, little core enhancements shall costs over 200$ where it is only some minor php and mysql query that needs to be added. There it is the problem that the developers of the cart refuse any work on feature requests by users for the current version, they rather tell people to use freelancers. Nice, right?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

This topic contains 31 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  uniquebiz 13 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum