Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I recently have bought the JA K2 Filter Component, but i still cant make it work. Can you help me?

I’m following the documentation that can find in this page, and it says that i should click on the Update Indexing button when you go to: Component >> JA K2 Filter.

But when i do that, all i get is a blank popup window and nothing more happens (attachment). Am I missing something that I should do?

By the way, I have to say we have a huge amount of k2 itens in this site, with a lot of custom fields and some categories. I don’t know if that matters, but I have the componente, module, plugin installed, but not the theme package.

The Joomla version is 3.4.8 and the php version is 5.6. The component that I was using before for the advanced search of this site is the "K2 Filter & Search module", but recently i got some MySQL spikes and that is really bad, because i got a ban warning.

Then I have tried the "Filter for K2" for a while, but it worked really slow trying to pre-open with the ajax thing. So now I’m trying your component, hoping that i get a good result.

I’m planing to make a copy of that site to make more severe tests, so i appreciate any kind of advice that you can give me. I let the credentials in the help section of the post, in case you want to see by yourself.

Tyvm in advance.

Best regards.

Leco Santos.

1. Screen-Shot-2016-11-22-at-6.16.43-PM-1
    Mo0nlight Moderator

Hi,

The credentials you provide doesn’t work, kindly check again.

Regards

agenciadcd Friend

Hello.

I’m sorry. I probably typed something wrong.

You can login now, i have tested. Same credentials.

Tyvm.

agenciadcd Friend

Hi again.

Im here to say that now we have the same site installed in a different account, like a sandbox, for more hardcore tests when necessary.

You can access the website and the administration in the follow links:
    http://dcd-devel.com/clientes/ihgb/index.php
    http://dcd-devel.com/clientes/ihgb/administrator/index.php

I have copied your super admin user too, so you can login with the same credentials.

I hope that help.

Ty in advance.

Regards.

agenciadcd Friend

Hello? Any hint or advice?

That is a very important topic for my company. Any kind of help would be welcome.

Tyvm. Have a nice day.

Mo0nlight Moderator

Hi,

I’m checking this, it would take some more time, pls stay tuned.

Regards

agenciadcd Friend

Hello.

I have been tuned for a while, but i really need some help with this case.

I still can’t make the component work with my k2 database, even after I update the joomla, try to fix the tables with admin tools and some other tests and updates.

By the way, I’m willing to migrate to the developers plan for premium ticket, but i have to be sure that the problem gonna be fixed by your team if we do that.

Do you have any update about my case?

Thank you very much, I’m waiting for more feedbacks.

Regards.

Mo0nlight Moderator

Hi,

The Indexing process stopped  because you had an extra field text value more than 255 characters. JA K2 Filter can only index text field with less than 255 characters. Pls consider to change the text / cut some from it to less than 255 characters.

Regards

agenciadcd Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Mo0nlight Moderator

Hi,

You could try to install this version (attachment file).

In this version, I change column labels at table jak2filter_taxonomy from varchar to text.

As I can see that you have a big database so you should attempt a full backup of your site before installing new version.

Also change the max_execution_time value to about 1-2 hours or unlimited. Or it’s best to download your site and update in local first coz it will be much faster than do it online.

Regards

1. com_jak2filter.zip
    agenciadcd Friend

Thank you very much.

I gonna install and test your solution. I return soon with a new feedback.

Regards.

agenciadcd Friend

Hi.

Ok, I have done what you asked me. Installed the component that you attached in the last message and set the max_execution_time in the php options to 7200 seconds. Well, same results, the blank square.

Do you wanna try? Remember, is only a copy from the original website, created for that kind of tests.

Regards.

Mo0nlight Moderator

Hi,

You can turn on development mode to check if there any error. If only blank square remains it’s mean the index still running.

Please send the link to your test site or link download your local site.

I’ll check if it had any error.

Regards

agenciadcd Friend

Hi.

Hey nice tip. Now I can see the error message in the white square! It says:
    "Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1205 bytes) in /home/dcddevel/public_html/clientes/ihgb/libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysqli.php on line 886"

So, I made some researches about memory limit and I have tried to set the limit to 512M in the php options, as you can see in the screenshot attached in this post.

I don’t know what I can do now, but I would appreciate if you could help me because solve that issue is very important to me.

You can access the website from the same credentials that i put in the first post (access information.
    http://dcd-devel.com/clientes/ihgb/index.php for website
    http://dcd-devel.com/clientes/ihgb/administrator/index.php for administration

I have provided too a FTP in case you need to check the files.

Ty for your help.

Regards.

1. fatal-error
    2. php-options
    agenciadcd Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mo0nlight 7 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum