Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

First i’ll let anisjolly answer if he will for you before i try give what i learnt.. btw check the previous article i posted in about this where we talked first
    anisjolly?

anisjolly Friend

hi guys

regarding playing different videos on different pages, you’d need to copy the allvideos module and set it so that you have a particular playlist being loaded in it.

confused about playlists? this link might help:

http://allvideos.fritz-elfert.de/documentation/documentation-en-gb.html?start=6

If you’ve already read what’s in that link then I don’t quite understand what you’re after.

@joeflynn – re: point about the bandwidth – i agree with you. you’re not affected if you’re streaming the video from another source but if you are streaming the video from your own hosts server – then you’ll be affected by the amount of bandwidth you use.

I was just making you aware of that fact as I know people who have been hit with excess charges due to bandwidth being exceeded.

Have you guys actually created a playlist yet? Sorry not being ignorant or anything – just trying to understand where you’re upto.

bookpeg Friend

I dont get this bit

It says specifically that one can reference the clip and let it play from the outside server

anisjolly Friend

what that means is that you can link to a video which is not hosted on your webspace.

i.e. if the bbc have a video you want to use (and you have their permission of course), you can link to the video and play it on your website.

This doc shows how to link the relevant video types: http://allvideos.fritz-elfert.de/documentation/documentation-en-gb.html?start=3

bookpeg Friend

Yep ok so basically you mean streaming video instead of uploading local content onto a server…

I’d like to do this, but not have a logo at the bottom, like if i linked to youtube is there any chance!

anisjolly Friend

i don’t know about that so sorry can’t give you an answer on that

bookpeg Friend

Ok np ….. i’lll put it out to the commun

does anyone know how i can stream video through a site which doesn’t create a logo at the bottom………………… doesnt haveto be a site just another place apart from my server which i can house the videos from and stream them onto the all videos reloaded module.

anisjolly Friend

have you tried to contact the module developer?

He’s probably the best person to contact if it’s something that is integrated into the component/module.

bookpeg Friend

It’s ok it’s not intergrated more external issue….
    Thanks for all your help again.

joeflynn Friend

Hey again Anisjolly

I am going to PM you with a name:password and my site address.

I suspect that the video module that is on the Teline II quickinstall is not AllVideoRe

I have installed AllVideoRe and put something to its playlist. But it doesn’t show anywhere and the other clips that are in the window don’t show on that playlist.

This is my first Joomla site, so I am still a little vague…but getting there and appreciate any help.

anisjolly Friend

cheers joe

will take a look when i have a spare min. at work at the moment and work takes priority.

but will definitely see if I can sort this prob out for you.

🙂

bookpeg Friend

Joeflyn what is your site

joeflynn Friend

<em>@bookpeg 115046 wrote:</em><blockquote>Joeflyn what is your site</blockquote>

I’ve PM’d you with it. More soon. Anisjollie is on the case.

bookpeg Friend

Ok good luck…………

mj1256 Friend

look for mgmediabot, nopefully it has been updated to 1.5.x by now. I used it on several sites and it does what you want, but you will have do a bit of scripting for each video, but they give you the syntax

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

This topic contains 30 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  mj1256 15 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum