Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

In JA K2 Search Module, extra fields are listed by ID. How do I change the order of the extra fields to the custom order in K2?

For example:
    Filter 1: extra field ID 8
    Filter 2: extra field ID 1
    Filter 3: extra field ID 2
    Filter 4: extra field ID 5
    Filter 5: extra field ID 3

Luna Garden Moderator

Hello,

This issue is fixed ( you can track the status by this link ): http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JAK2FILTER-119 0, and will be released on next few days, kindly wait and check for the update news

tandulaen Friend

I have exactly the same problem.

I think Luna Garden, you no understand the question. Tgiger ask about extrafields filter order in modul, $filedname custom sorting and xf_? custom sorting in module. Question isn’t about “select options” order.

Example:

I have horizontal layout:
    Location (ID:1) Type (ID:2) Status (ID:3)
    Rooms (ID:8) Area (ID:9) Price (ID:10)

I need:
    Status (ID:3) Type (ID:2) Location (ID:1)
    Area (ID:9) Rooms (ID:8) Price (ID:10)

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

@ tandulaen,

You can change the order of extra field via extra filed manager page of K2 back-end 🙂

tandulaen Friend

@ Dead code,

K2 extra field order (back-end) has no effect on the module order in JAK2 Extra fields Filter and Search module, only on a search results and item extra field look. Module order remained the same and probably sorted by ID.

Sorry, my mistake.
    Must save module again switch horizontal to vertical and again vertical to horizontal Now is good.

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Once you update order of extra filed in K2, you need to open the K2 filter setting form and save the form setting again to get it affected on front-end filter form.

saminora Friend

Hi guys,

my problem is that after an update of k2 filter module the order in frontend is wrong. See on left sidebar the months (Monate auswählen”) are in wrong order: http://www.richard-strauss-2014.com/
    In backend the order is correct??!!

1. monate
    Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

In the new version of JA K2 Filter component, we have sorted value of extra fields type select list by alphabet. It is easier for user to select item, but we missed such case like yours.

For a quick fix, please open the modules/mod_jak2filter/helper.php file:

Replace this line of code:
    [PHP]usort($values, array($this, ‘strcmp’));[/PHP]

With:
    [PHP]//usort($values, array($this, ‘strcmp’));[/PHP]

Replace:
    [PHP]@sort( $values, SORT_REGULAR );[/PHP]

With:
    [PHP]//@sort( $values, SORT_REGULAR );[/PHP]

We will update this workaround in the upcoming version.

qhsgrafik Friend

<em>@Dead Code 419438 wrote:</em><blockquote>In the new version of JA K2 Filter component, we have sorted value of extra fields type select list by alphabet. It is easier for user to select item, but we missed such case like yours.

We will update this workaround in the upcoming version.</blockquote>

Hi. sorry for dig this thread:
    but you wrote about an update for this workaround.
    however, as far that i can see the problem still exist at current version. (or is solved only for single select field)
    :-[ or i am unable to find the place, where i have to change that, at backend.

I miss an order by alphabet, order by k2 ordering, order by … option next to each fieldtype
    i expect to find it here: Module => Filter By Extra Fields

when i edit file and comment out the line like below, it works of course.

//usort($values, array($this, 'strcmp'));

i need to choose ordering for each Fieldtype (except text and image fields) not only select list type
    because there are such fields that should be ordered like they are at k2,
    and such that can be ordered by alphabet.
    depends always on the values you have (some always have to be with a predefinded order)

anyway what i saw has confused me a ltittle bit: order is now A-Za-z
    example 4 values:
    All, Some, none, undefinded; None, Undefined, all, some; all,none,some,undefined
    that create 3 different orderings based on first char

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hi,

Yes, this feature should be updated to JA K2 filter. My apology, we missed the case somehow.
    I have created issue in our issue tracker system and notified our development team again.

You can check status here:
    http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JAK2FILTER-166

qhsgrafik Friend

<em>@Dead Code 434669 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

Yes, this feature should be updated to JA K2 filter. My apology, we missed the case somehow.
    I have created issue in our issue tracker system and notified our development team again.

You can check status here:
    http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JAK2FILTER-166</blockquote>
    thx for info. hope this part of the post is not ignored:
    i need to choose ordering for each Fieldtype (except text and image fields) not only select list type

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hi,

<blockquote>i need to choose ordering for each Fieldtype (except text and image fields) not only select list type</blockquote>

Yes, select list type includes single select box, multi-select box, radio list and checkboxes list.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Thanh Nguyen Viet 9 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum