Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi, I still can’t understand how to show the articles from the categories I created within K2 blog in Ja Wall home page. Is it possible to do that? :-[

Luna Garden Moderator

<em>@wolfcub71 346003 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi, I still can’t understand how to show the articles from the categories I created within K2 blog in Ja Wall home page. Is it possible to do that? :-[</blockquote>
    Hi,
    Did you do this: Go to back-end >> Menus >> click on your Main Menu >> Click to Home >> Choose Menu type to K2 Category, Then clear cache.
    If you did that but no Article from K2 appear, please PM me your admin account.

Roberto Sala Friend

Sorry, I didn’t explain the issue correctly.
    Actually my home page already shows articles from several categories and I want to keep them there. I didn’t create those articles using K2 .
    Then, separately, I created a blog too and now I wonder if I can show the articles created with k2 in home page too.

internetix Friend

As far as i know there is now way you can have 2 menu item types set-up simultaneous.

You can’t set-up your home menu (homepage) to display your joomla articles (com_content) AND K2 articles at the same time. It’s either one or another (by selecting the related menu item type).

This is a Joomla limitation and not related to the template.

Luna Garden Moderator

<em>@wolfcub71 346332 wrote:</em><blockquote>Sorry, I didn’t explain the issue correctly.
    Actually my home page already shows articles from several categories and I want to keep them there. I didn’t create those articles using K2 .
    Then, separately, I created a blog too and now I wonder if I can show the articles created with k2 in home page too.</blockquote>
    I get your point, but in Joomla only one component can be displayed. So It’s impossible.

Roberto Sala Friend

Ah, ok then. I hoped to give more visibility to my blog’s articles in that way.

ibthe Friend

I wondered the same thing about feeding content from articles and K2.

Because I originally created articles, but now I want to create content using K2, but wasnt sure how to feed them in.
    So from what your saying. Could I create parallel categories in K2 that are the same as article categories.

Then just start using K2 to create articles. That way blog and article could come together.
    Sorry if I am confusing the issue….
    I am still figuring out how to use K2 in conjunction with reg joomla articles!
    ss

Saguaros Moderator

Hi ibthe,

With all due respect but I’m not so clear of what you wanna achieve, please check out our documentation of this JA Wall template or build up a demo site via DEMO BUILDER tool to see how we configure content for this template.

Regards.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 11 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum