Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

anibody knows?

1. printscreen
    TomC Moderator

I’m assuming you installed your template via the quickstart+sample data installation process
    …. hence the sample article content and such (correct ??).

That content is nothing more than a demo article – which you should be able to locate/modify within your Article/Content Manager. Otherwise, if you are merely wanting to change the type or category of content that is displayed, you can configure this within the particular module’s administration panel.

acusticambiente Friend

<em>@TomC 358919 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’m assuming you installed your template via the quickstart+sample data installation process
    …. hence the sample article content and such (correct ??).

That content is nothing more than a demo article – which you should be able to locate/modify within your Article/Content Manager. Otherwise, if you are merely wanting to change the type or category of content that is displayed, you can configure this within the particular module’s administration panel.</blockquote>

yes, i installed my template via the quickstart+sample data installation process. I’d like this module not displayed. which is the module to edit?

TomC Moderator

I believe that is a K2 content element.

See Post #6 within the JA MERO USER GUIDE for additional insight and assistance with this and other various aspects of this template.

acusticambiente Friend

no it isn’t. it seems there is no module in that position and the category that this item is assigned is “uncategorised”

Luna Garden Moderator

Hello,

In order to remove the main content on the homepage, please go to this file: <blockquote>templates/ja_mero/tpls/blocksmainbody-home.php</blockquote>

Find this line:

<jdoc:include type="component" />

and remove it.

Remember to backup your file before processing

acusticambiente Friend

it doesn’t work :((

Phill Moderator

Can we have a link to your site.

Also, just to check, did you clear all the caches? And are you using the home layout for that page?

marcometer Friend

I’ve got the same problem on Joomla 2.5 .

I was able to delete the main menu content with a joomla 3 setup. I had to downgrade because of some plugin and modules compatibility. Just to let you know i used the Quickstart files of the template.

I also added ‘display: none;’ in the correct part of the joomla.less file.

I’m using the default theme.

Luna Garden Moderator

<em>@marcometer 361686 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’ve got the same problem on Joomla 2.5 .</blockquote>

Same problem ? Did you mean you want to remove the content in Homepage as my post above but it doesn’t work.

I have tried it on our demo and it works. Could you PM me your site URL and back-end detail, I will check it for you.

marcometer Friend

I tried that already.

Well, I’m building the website on my local system before publishing, so I can’t post any URLs ect..

edit: I tested it on another Quick Installation Build and it worked. Well, I just can’t make it work for the other setup.

Luna Garden Moderator

Hi,

Maybe for Homepage you use another layout, not the Home layout. Please check it in backend >> Template Manager >> Click to theme JA Mero – Home >> Check tab Layout like this capture: http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/559/2832500807.png

marcometer Friend

<em>@Luna Garden 362213 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

Maybe for Homepage you use another layout, not the Home layout. Please check it in backend >> Template Manager >> Click to theme JA Mero – Home >> Check tab Layout like this capture: http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/559/2832500807.png</blockquote>

That worked!

marcometer Friend

Unfortunately it deleted the content parts of the other menus 🙁

Luna Garden Moderator

<em>@marcometer 362254 wrote:</em><blockquote>Unfortunately it deleted the content parts of the other menus :(</blockquote>

If you set Home layout for all menu item, then follow these step to create new Home layout with no content.

1. in backend >> Template Manager >> Click to theme JA Mero – Home >> Check tab Layout On tab Layout – Click to Save as copy – Fill new name and save it. Don’t click save all for this Theme

2. Go back to Template Manager >> Choose above theme >> Duplicate. Check tab Layout On tab Layout – Click to choose your layout above >> Save. Check tab Assigment >> Assign this theme to Home menu.

3. Go to : file
    templatesja_merotplsyour_new_home_layout.php
    find this lines:

<?php $this->loadBlock ('mainbody-home') ?>

Change to:

<?php $this->loadBlock ('mainbody-home2') ?>

Then go to:
    templatesja_merotplsblocksmainbody-home.php
    duplicate this and change to name to mainbody-home2.php

Open this file and remove
    <jdoc:include type="component" />

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Adam M 9 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum