Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author

<em>@questbg 94593 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Sameer

Why not creat a subdirectory, for example http://www.yourdomain.com/newjoomla/

Chris</blockquote>

This is very frustrating. I did create a new directory and put the quickstart files there. When I try to navigate there through my browse it comes back with “restricted Access.”
    I am on a godaddy hosted site.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

nanls1055 Friend

My site is hosted by godaddy. it has Joola and a databaser already installed. I uploaded the zip quick start files and unarchived them. they ended up in the “templates” subdirectory. when I tried to access them through the browers I get the error message “restricted access.” I tried to move the entire directory into a new directory I made called “newjoomla” as suggested and when I go to the address nothing comes up. What am I doing wrong?
    Thank you!

mj1256 Friend

first off, godaddy is not a good host, and not all that friendly to joomla unless your quite experienced

you cannot use the quickstart with a preinstalled joomla

you need to delete everything, the install your database, its all messed up

you need to then ftp all of the files to your root of your website, wait, just remembered, godady has its own non compliante hosting system, you need to make a folder in your root and upload via ftp the quickstart files. that will probably crash because they throttle the bandwidth. But if you succeed, you then need to make a new clean database, you may need to ask them for the db address as they do not use localhost.

if all of that goes well, then you go to your browser and you should get the joomla install

if you call godaddy for help, they will tell you to use the gd install as they do not know or understand what a quickstart is. They recommend their fantastico or quick install because its a customized version of joomla to work on their server as they are so f’d up.

if your not experienced with joomla and the non-compliant ins and outs of GD, your chances of getting this to work without help is very small

nanls1055 Friend

Thank you for your response. I tried your suggestion and still no go. I’m not sure if I need to find another host or maybe use pmachine instead – which i used successfully – but many years ago. argh!

TomC Moderator

<em>@nanls1055 126761 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thank you for your response. I tried your suggestion and still no go. I’m not sure if I need to find another host or maybe use pmachine instead – which i used successfully – but many years ago. argh!</blockquote>
    I HIGHLY recommend Siteground – they specialize in Joomla hosting and even have special packages for such.

nanls1055 Friend

Thanks for the quick help!!! It is really appreciated.

codger Friend

Hi folks,

I am not new to Joomla!/JA/Templates and I have always uploaded everything manually, but I need to do some experimentation with Virtuemart prior to starting a new site so I thought that a Quickstart installation of Zeolite might be a quick and easy way to proceed.

I have unpacked the QS package to the root folder on my local machine, but I see that I have more archives. Do I need to do some more extracting before I upload to the remote machine?

Codger

Yiu Wah Mak Friend

I’m running a multi-site environment,so the Joomla data files are shared among many slaved sites. But each slave site has its own database.

Under this envrironment, how can I use the quick start.

I can install the template and required mods and plug-ins, copy those images files in the Image folder. But not sure which sql database should I import. Should I create a brandnew databasre from the installation/sql/mysql/, which files should I import?

Pls advise.

Many thanks.

maacommunity Friend

Please help me on Quick start installation.

I have extracted the quick start module for ja teline III into “hello” folder.
    http://www.maacommunity.com/hello giving me this page.

I am having tough time to install this template. Please help me what’s wrong in installation proces.

All i want my site should as it is like demo site.

Thanks
    Maa community

noufal Friend

Dear Sir,
    I have one problem of my website, i am try to install joomla on this web site.http://www.arabcologistic.com

Fatal error: Class ‘JRegistry’ not found in /home/arabcolo/public_html/installation/includes/application.php on line 172

coming like.
    can u solve please

jlewis3233 Friend

I’m having a problem with the quick install. I’ll give as much detail as possible, starting from the very beginning (after reading some of the posts in this thread I see that I may have to make some changes because I started to create my site with Joomla before I downloaded a Joomlart template).

I paid for hosting through DreamHost and installed Joomla 1.5. I did some Joomla tutorials through lynda.com. I created a front page, sections, categories, articles, and other basic things. All this was done with the default template.

My next step was choosing a template. I chose JA Lead. So I paid for a membership with Joomlart and downloaded JA Lead. I wanted to do the quick install because I’m not a web designer. I’m pretty much a novice at this. So from the back end of my website I went to “extensions” and then to “install/uninstall”. In the “Upload Package File” section, I hit “choose file”, which led me to my desktop, and then led me to the JA Lead folder. I choose the “quick install” folder and chose the zip in that folder (there was another folder in there that contained more files and folders, I don’t know what that is for.) Well when I hit the “upload and install” button, it appeared to start the upload but it was just stuck on that page. I’ve tried multiple times and it would not install.

My next step was to hit choose file, then desktop, and when I got to the JA Lead folder, I choose “templates” instead and choose the zip file in that folder. That zip uploaded and installed just fine, but the problem is that it is not like the demo. I had to upload other zip files to get certain modules. I don’t really understand a lot of what I’m doing, so I was thinking that quick install would have my site looking just like the demo.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

ftht1 Friend

Quick start package will make your site look almost the same as the demo. Will help you a lot if you are not used to joomla.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

jlewis3233;170746I’m having a problem with the quick install. I’ll give as much detail as possible, starting from the very beginning (after reading some of the posts in this thread I see that I may have to make some changes because I started to create my site with Joomla before I downloaded a Joomlart template).

I paid for hosting through DreamHost and installed Joomla 1.5. I did some Joomla tutorials through lynda.com. I created a front page, sections, categories, articles, and other basic things. All this was done with the default template.

My next step was choosing a template. I chose JA Lead. So I paid for a membership with Joomlart and downloaded JA Lead. I wanted to do the quick install because I’m not a web designer. I’m pretty much a novice at this. So from the back end of my website I went to “extensions” and then to “install/uninstall”. In the “Upload Package File” section, I hit “choose file”, which led me to my desktop, and then led me to the JA Lead folder. I choose the “quick install” folder and chose the zip in that folder (there was another folder in there that contained more files and folders, I don’t know what that is for.) Well when I hit the “upload and install” button, it appeared to start the upload but it was just stuck on that page. I’ve tried multiple times and it would not install.

My next step was to hit choose file, then desktop, and when I got to the JA Lead folder, I choose “templates” instead and choose the zip file in that folder. That zip uploaded and installed just fine, but the problem is that it is not like the demo. I had to upload other zip files to get certain modules. I don’t really understand a lot of what I’m doing, so I was thinking that quick install would have my site looking just like the demo.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Dear lewis,

As you say, you are new to Joomla! and JoomlArt. You got to give yourself some time and you should be prepared for bumps here and there. Not losing your head during this period is the key, otherwise Joomla is very simple.

To help you with how to install the Quickstart >> http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-install-ja-quickstart-using-xampp-windows/

Try this on your localhost. Work on it, crash it or whatever. You need to practise more, explore more for few days, before you try to work on live site.

JoomlArt Quickstart is nothing but Joomla 1.5.15 packaged with demo content (JA Lead in your case). You install it as you install Joomla!, but not using fantastico script on cpanel.

you can search google also for installation steps for Joomla 1.5.xx, coz its the same thing with quickstart. Check the link i gave you above and it should help you.

For any problem, please raise a thread in the respective Template forum, so that its easy to keep track. This is pretty old thread and not necessary that we may look regularly here for user problems. As this thread is not about problems. Hope you understand.

Regards

Arvind

mediazpteltd Friend

Hi

1 quick question to make sure i installed my site correctly.

After downloading i see 3 files inside

extension
    quickstart
    template

From what i figured out, all i have to do is upload the quickstart to my root server or in my case httpdocs/ the extension and template does not need to be uploaded right?
    😀

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Dear mediazpteltd,

You got it right. Quickstart contains the Joomla! 1.5.15 along with demo content (sample data, extensions etc…).
    Templates or extensions are required only if you are using the template on a already installed joomla.

Arvind

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)

This topic contains 37 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  Sherlock 12 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum