Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

How to configure “social” same way as in Quickstart ?

I followed instructions as per documentation in http://www.joomlart.com/documentation/joomla-templates/ja-appolio

and just replaced the Joomlart references with our pages on Facebook and Twitter.

But when I save it then there is no active hyperlink anymore on frontpage.

Do I need to configure something with addthis.com as I can see the reference ?

I tried and submitted a free account and changed this in the code as well but no difference.

Can someone please help because there is nothing mentioned in the documentation.
    Only with orginal Joomlart reference it works.

1. 2014-06-30_1638
    Radonja Djurisic Friend

Hi there

before edit social module
    go to global configuration and set default editor to none and save
    now go to module manager and open social

and add this code (replace red with your info)

<!-- AddThis Follow BEGIN -->
    <div class="addthis_toolbox">
    <a class="addthis_button_facebook_follow" addthis:userid="joomlart"><i class="fa fa-facebook"></i></a>
    <a class="addthis_button_twitter_follow" addthis:userid="JoomlArt"><i class="fa fa-twitter"></i></a>
    <a class="addthis_button_rss_follow" addthis:userid="joomla.org/rss.html"><i class="fa fa-rss"></i></a>
    </div>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="//s7.addthis.com/js/300/addthis_widget.js#pubid=ra-523d4894767843b5"></script>
    <!-- AddThis Follow END -->

also if u want u can register on addthis website and create customize your code etc

hope this help
    let me no

Tolja

mberwing Friend

Hello Tolja,

thanks a lot for the instructions and advice….I have done exactly the same before and it does not work.

After saving I noticed that the code has changed/broken and is most likely the reason why it is not working – but I do not understand why the code is changed.
    I checked even with another Appolio installation and it is the same thing – so therefore there is something really wrong.

See my screenshot.

1. 2014-06-30_2027
    Radonja Djurisic Friend

gimme some time i will investigate whats going on

Radonja Djurisic Friend

hi mberwing

i created new profile on addthis website (on my account)
    and i created links etc see image

and i copy the code from addthis

to social

can u register to addthis and try to add your own code ?

let me no what u did

Tolja

1. Screenshot_2
    2. Screenshot_3
    3. Screenshot_1
    mberwing Friend

Hello Tolja,

now it worked ….I have followed same instructions with addthis.

Would be worth to get this documented in http://www.joomlart.com/documentation/joomla-templates/ja-appolio so that
    every one knows how to setup and not to just copy and paste the code from the document.

Everyone should create his/her own addthis account and (in our case) select “Horizontal Follow Buttons” that is free
    on addthis.com.

Thanks anyway for your great support.

Issue is solved.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mberwing 9 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum