Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I’ve been going in circles trying to figure this one myself. Nothing in the forums or tutorials. The JA Top Panel forum link in one of the tutorials just takes you to the top of the Forums menu. When I eventually found Hung Dinh’s JA Top Panel Module for Joomla 1.6 Guide http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-top-pannel-module-for-joomla-2-5-for-userguide/ I was disappointed to see it was just basic parameter stuff.

Here’s the issue. I installed the JA Social Quickstart with demo content. I edited the Custom HTML modules in the top-panel-module position to suit my purpose. The icon to the left of the module title (h3) is a nice feature but I want to be able to change it. I searched everywhere in the site directories, and firebug doesn’t see a location for the icon.

This has got to be a feature most developers want to make use of – how is it done please?

jooservices Friend

hi
    may i have your site url for checking ?

Phill Moderator

In addition, when you post your link please also post an image detailing exactly what you want changed. It is also very helpfull if you turn off css optimization in the template manager back end. This will allow us to give you a fast andaccurate answer to your question.

midsomer Friend

Thanks for the advice Phill.
    CSS optimisation in the template turned off. I emailed jooservices the url.
    This is what I’m trying to edit over from the demo sample content.

It’s the icons I don’t know how to change.

1. ja-toppanel
    Phill Moderator

Ahh, they are easy to remove. Look at the modules for each of thos. In the Advanced Options you will see that there is a module class suffix for each of them. If you simply want to remove the icons just remove the class suffix. You can search through the css file for those suffix definitions (there are 4 of them) if you wish to change the icons to something else.

midsomer Friend

Thanks Phill. I should have looked harder, didn’t notice the jatoppanel had its own css, duh! :-[

I can see the way ahead clearly now, back to css styling!

Think it’s worth adding this to the top panel tutorial guide.

ATB

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  midsomer 12 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum