Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    the fonts used in this template are not compatible with the Czech language. I would like to change the fonts completely (in the main menu and also in the content).
    If I use Czech characters in main menu – by editing the file:
    templates>ja_cloris>core>etc>layouts>default.xml, I got this error:
    Parsing Error at 13:40. Error 9: Invalid character

How to do that? :-[
    Thank you!
    Petra

Phill Moderator

Please disable the google fonts in the template manager if they do not support your language of choice. I was under the impression that the google fonts did support those but it seems not. The template should then fall back on the standard fonts which you can adjust by editing ttemplates>ja_cloris>cee>template.css

petrahk Friend

In template settings I put “not applied” in Google Font API Settings. Is this what you mean?
    I got the same error after I edit the file: templates>ja_cloris>core>etc>layouts>default.xml
    error appears every time I used in this file characters like “ž,č,š” etc.
    :((

Phill Moderator

You should not have to edit default.xml. Just disable the fonts in the (set to not applied as you suggest) and see if that works.

If not please attach your language file so I can test it.

petrahk Friend

Phill,
    I must edit that file. I need to change the words in main menu to the Czech language. And when I do that, the error appears… If I do not change it, the menu remains in ENG language and this does not create error, of course…
    Thank you for your kind help!!!!

Phill Moderator

Ahh, OK. I overlooked the menu titles. Could you send me the language file and a copy of your edited default.xml file so I can do some tests.

petrahk Friend

Language file – you mean the Czech language pack? I attach it. But I do not think it is problem in that…
    BTW – I like so much the default fonts, but I think it will not be possible to use that…
    Here is default.xml (there is that problematic “Služby”)

[PHP]<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”utf-8″?>
    <layout name=”desktop”>
    <!–Extra css load for this layout–>
    <stylesheets>
    </stylesheets>
    <blocks name=”top” style=”xhtml”>
    <block name=”absolute” type=”modules” style=”raw”>absolute</block>
    <block name=”top-panel” type=”modules” style=”raw” main-inner=”1″>top-panel</block>
    <block name=”subnav” type=”subnav” main-inner=”1″></block>
    <block name=”onepage” type=”onepage” pageid=”” no-wrap=”1″ no-main=”1″>
    <page name=”about-us” type=”modules” title=”Home” class=”light first-item”>page1</page>
    <page name=”features” type=”modules” title=”Features” class=”dark”>page2</page>
    <page name=”services” type=”modules” title=”Služby” class=”light”>page3</page>
    <page name=”video” type=”modules” title=”Video” class=”dark”>page4</page>
    <page name=”gallery” type=”modules” title=”Gallery” class=”light”>page5</page>
    <page name=”blog” type=”modules” title=”Blog” class=”light”>page6</page>
    <page name=”faq” type=”modules” title=”Dotazy” class=”light”>page7</page>
    <page name=”contact-us” type=”modules” title=”Kontakt” class=”light last-item”>page8</page>
    </block>
    <block name=”cpanel” type=”usertools/cpanel”></block>
    <block name=”topsl” type=”spotlight” main-inner=”1″>user1,user2,user3,user4,user5</block>
    </blocks>
    <blocks name=”middle” main-inner=”1″ colwidth=”30″>
    <block name=”left1″>left</block>
    <block name=”right1″>right</block>
    </blocks>
    <blocks name=”bottom” style=”xhtml”>
    <block name=”navhelper” type=”navhelper” wrap-inner=”1″ main-inner=”1″></block>
    <block name=”botsl” type=”spotlight” wrap-inner=”1″ main-inner=”1″ special=”right” specialwidth=”55″>user6,user7,user8,user9,user10</block>
    <block name=”footer” type=”footer” main-inner=”1″></block>
    </blocks>
    </layout>[/PHP]

Phill Moderator

I have tried my local install with your default.xml file and cannot replicate your problem. Have you made any other code changes? Do you have the latest release of the jat3 plugin and template?

petrahk Friend

I installed the template from package – quickstart, so I suppose that eveything is ok.
    Can you send me please the print screen of the menu?
    I attach my printscreen.

1. prt
    petrahk Friend

the 2nd printscreen…

1. prt1
    Phill Moderator

I have not installed the language pack, just your xml file. As you can see, I am not getting the Parse errors you are seeing. Or is that not how the character should look?

1. Welcome-to-the-Frontpage_1295979671613
    petrahk Friend

Phill,
    you see that the “Ž” is not from the same font family – so I cannot use the “default” font.
    The error appears only on the page J!Menu.
    The error causes also the problems at the bottom of page.
    Thank you for your effort…

1. prt2
    Phill Moderator

I see it is not a member of the font family now. I was only looking for the parse error which I cannot replicate even though I now have the language packs you supplied installed.

I have discovered that some of the fonts appear hard coded. I will pass this to the devs for investigation.

1. Welcome-to-the-Frontpage_1295981347591
    2. Welcome-to-the-Frontpage_1295981443431
    3. Welcome-to-the-Frontpage_1295981485213
    petrahk Friend

Thank you very much Phill. I like this template very much, but I can not use it now…
    I think if the upper main menu is “normal menu” it would be ok…
    Thank you!!! 🙂

Phill Moderator

I’ve added some screenshots above of it working with Google font on the module menus.

If you look for the following code in templates>ja_cloris>css>menu>mega.css around line 6

.ja-megamenu ul.level0 li.mega a.mega {
    background: url("../../images/mainnav-sep.gif") no-repeat scroll right center transparent;
    color: #666666;
    font-family: 'BebasNeueRegular';
    font-size: 20px;
    font-weight: normal;
    height: 50px;
    line-height: 50px;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0 14px;
    text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000000;
    text-transform: uppercase;

and in templates>ja_cloris>css>template.css around line 698

ul.ja-pagenav li a {
    background: url("../images/mainnav-sep.gif") no-repeat scroll left center transparent;
    color: #666666;
    font-family: 'BebasNeueRegular';
    font-size: 19px;
    font-weight: normal;
    height: 50px;
    line-height: 50px;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0 14px;
    text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000000;
    text-transform: uppercase;

}

You will see the hard coding. If you remove the font-family line then adjust the font size and font weight you can select any google font you wish as per my screenshots. You will need to fiddle with the sizes for the menus though.

You may also find other entries for that particular font in the template.css file. Have a look through and adjust.

I will flag this up to the devs and see what they say.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 13 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum