Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi,

QUESTION 1: I would like to add custom style for third-party components to my template/local/css/extras folder. Please explain how to do this. For example, let’s say I want to add style support for EasyDiscuss. I add easydiscuss.css to the extras folder. Now what do I need to do to apply the style?

QUESTION 2: When I add a custom.css file to template/local/css I do not see the changes. What am I doing wrong?

QUESTION 3: Let’s say I would like to add custom less files. For example, local/less/custom.less or local/less/extras/easydiscuss.less. How do I go about doing this? I don’t see a less folder in my local folder. Finally, if I create a less folder and files in my local folder, will I lose any changes I make to the css files in my local folder when I compile less to css?

Thank you

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Local folder is used to override the template files.
    For example temmplate.css file
    /local/css/template.css
    this is an override, if the template.css file is not present in the css folder of the template, in that case, the local folder file will not work.

To add custom style for 3rd party extension you can add the code in custom.css file or you can follow the thread that helps you to understand how the style is working for 3rd party extensions.

Regards

c45rs82wVm9y Friend

Okay, I think I have a better understanding of how it all works now. The thread in particular was very helpful. Sometimes it gets confusing when I read different things in the documentation than in the forum, especially when the answers are spread out over several years time. Thank you for the clarity!

Kind regards

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

You are welcome!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 6 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum