Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Hi there,
    I’ve read all the forum and hope I’m not asking a ‘stupid’ question 😉

If you look at the demo template (http://www.joomlart.com/templates_demo.php), there are 2 shaded sections across the main content area, called ‘Highlight’ and ‘Spotlight’, to accommodate positions 1,2,5 and 6. When I installed Olyra, these sections did not appear. For example, I tried to publish the login to user6 but it did not appear.

Can anyone tell me / point me towards a solution please? Tell me what I should do or what I am doing wrong. Thanks! 🙂

ebajh69 Friend

I have the same issue. Any solution?

ShannonN Friend

seaghan;22059Hi there,

If you look at the demo template (http://www.joomlart.com/templates_demo.php), there are 2 shaded sections across the main content area, called ‘Highlight’ and ‘Spotlight’, to accommodate positions 1,2,5 and 6. When I installed Olyra, these sections did not appear. For example, I tried to publish the login to user6 but it did not appear.

Can anyone tell me / point me towards a solution please? Tell me what I should do or what I am doing wrong. Thanks! 🙂

live url please both posters

seaghan Friend

HI ShannonN,

thanks! My URL is not public yet as it is just a test website. Also, I got some paid help to fix this and will give more details later, but I think that the template might have a bug in it – not 100% sure and have been travelling all day so can;t confirm yet… Thanks

ShannonN Friend

seaghan;22228HI ShannonN,

thanks! My URL is not public yet as it is just a test website. Also, I got some paid help to fix this and will give more details later, but I think that the template might have a bug in it – not 100% sure and have been travelling all day so can;t confirm yet… Thanks

Have you tried dling the demo index.php file and trying that, thinking as you get the correct stuff happening in demo but not in your install seems like your module positions or method of filling are faulty usually ( with respect) if the demo template works the template isn’t faulty just at time poor documentation from JA or lack of experience by user?

ebajh69 Friend
    bradleyrush Friend

I can not see the highlight / spotlight / or other colored sections on the right. This is actually very frustrating.

Live link:

http://www.bradandemily.net.

I can move modules around allday, but where is the highlight / spotlight / and other right side colored (green and orange areas). i downloaded the template and installed them per the instrutions to the tee and are not getting this. Also, this does not match the live demo which to me is false advertisement.

Please help asap!
    7.31.07:confused:

Menalto Friend

<em>@BradleyRush 22963 wrote:</em><blockquote>I can not see the highlight / spotlight / or other colored sections on the right. This is actually very frustrating.

Live link:

http://www.bradandemily.net.

I can move modules around allday, but where is the highlight / spotlight / and other right side colored (green and orange areas). i downloaded the template and installed them per the instrutions to the tee and are not getting this. Also, this does not match the live demo which to me is false advertisement.

Please help asap!
    7.31.07:confused:</blockquote>
    Give me a PM with your log in info and ill take a look at it for you

marcosmaal Friend

<em>@seaghan 22059 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi there,

Can anyone tell me / point me towards a solution please? Tell me what I should do or what I am doing wrong. Thanks! :)</blockquote>

I have this problems too.

wicksie Friend

For the colours on the right use -orange -green etc in the suffix

For the highlight etc by ensuring user6 is published this should by default publish your highlight area too, I certainly found these were the way to fix these issues for me

…and there is certainly no false advertising going on!

marcosmaal Friend

Yes! Got the spotlight and Highlight! Thanks Wicksie for your help! User1, 2 and 5 were not published and renamed in Dutch… That problem is fixed.

But what do you mean “For the colours on the right use -orange -green etc in the suffix“. I looked through the template.css and template.html but can’t find a coloursetting for left and right column. Can you direct me into the right heading for this?

wicksie Friend

Hi marcosmaal, I’m glad that you’ve solved part of your problem.

With regards to the colours, I have not scoured the finer points of the template at all this time around but I suspect the colours would only work on the right hand column, for instance on the demo the Statistics are in green, so if you have an item that is published on the ‘right’ then you would select that module in the Modules >> Site Modules area. Once that module is loaded you would enter the colour into the Module Class Suffix dialogue box such as -green or -orange, if left blank it would load the default shade.

I hope that helps clear things up a little.

Cheers
    Wicksie

marcosmaal Friend

Glad you’re online here Wicksie! Got it right now and the last thing that I’m going to ask is: how to get the text in another color, like white? I know this is not a template question; if you can help me it would be much appreciated 🙂 because it would help me in the last design step.

wicksie Friend

Hi marcosmaal, glad to help out. Now then, text colour within which part of Joomla? Do you mean content such as News etc?

I am off to bed now but will check this again tomorrow to see which area you are trying to change and time permitting reply accordingly.

Cheers
    Wicksie

marcosmaal Friend

I mean a module like related news or most read. I can’t find where to change the colour of it and the template rss makes me unhappy. If you look at http://www.schrijversplaza.nl/component/option,com_magazine/Itemid,90/ then you see, in the right hand column, the orange and green modules. I want the text to be white, like the demo.

Nighty night and thanks again!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

This topic contains 27 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  wicksie 16 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum