Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

I have restored is as per your google cache link. Please be patient and do not panic when you see a page not exactly as you expected. The initial goal was to get a completely dead site running and I have now done that after all the initial problems caused by the whole password delay.

I have had to remove the line breaks and an extra piece of code you added to your index.php file as that was causing the page to fail. The code is as below.

<?php $from_template = 1;@include('components/com_rss2content/crontask.php'); ?>

I will leave you to correct that as I am sure you know what it does.

As for the tabs module was it there before your site crashed? It was not in the google cache. Is that a separate problem you have not mentioned to me?

Please bear in mind I am just a keen helper for JA. If you are not happy with the amount of work I am putting into fixing your site then please say so and I will step back and leave it to someone else.

alisamii Friend

AsI stated, I truly appreciate what you are doing…If we can get it back to the way it looks in the Google cached version, and add the JA tabs back in, then I will eat my hat for having over-reacted that the site was a disaster.

OK…that line which you refer to is an essential part of rss2content component, without which the cron process that is needed for the generation of automatically published content in the news sections will fail.

As regards the JA Tabs module, I was away for 3 weeks and before my departure, that was working. Upon my return, it is not.

As no one had access to the site’s back-end except for me, I cannot understand how that has disappeared.

I need to restore that.

Phill Moderator

You will need to work out why your rss cron is not working, that is something we cannot do for you. Now you know the cause of the problem you can diagnose that. Is the rest of the site working as you expect apart from the tabs?

alisamii Friend

As things stand now, it is far from a disaster, and my hat is half eaten already. 🙂 Thank you.

2 things need to be resolved still…the JA Tabs module loading above the rounded corner white box which contains the main body of the site) and the reinsertion of the com_rss2content code which you highlighted above.

alisamii Friend

The JA Tabs module is supposed to be inserted between the line “This site is dedicated to the memory of my parents, Abdol Hossein Ebtehaj Samii [1930-2000] and Shahla Esmat Samii (née Khosrowshahi) [1944-2006]” and the white box.

Phill Moderator

Does the tabs module contain anything that is loaded externally? Couple that with the fact that rss cron is not loading and crashing your site it could be that something has changed on your server, possibly the PHP version, maybe a firewall etc. It could be that which is preventing your modules to load. Again, as was suggested very early on in this thread, in your ticket and in a couple of the PMs we need to see the php errors. If you do not know how to enable then then speak to your host.

The rss code is something we cannot help you with as we do not provide it nor know it. We would be in the dark with how it works. The authors of that would be yor best bet.

alisamii Friend

What level of Error reporting do you need?

The reason the JA Tabs module isn’t loading may have something to do with what you are suggesting…but is also probably has something to do with the fact that the module has somehow been deleted (the module is there, but not defined) and I cannot understand how that has happened as no one else has administrative access to the site. I have recreated the module, called “Gallery” with ID number 152, but enabling it makes no difference, it does not load.

As regards what the JA Tabs module loads, it loads all modules in the position “tab-items” which are “Gallery 1” through “Gallery 7” which are custom HTML modules. If we can get the JA Tabs module to load properly, there is one formatting issue which I have struggled to solve and have not been able to solve, so maybe you can help me with that by telling me what CSS code needs to be modified and how it needs to be modified to achieve the effect I am seeking…but that is just a minor issue.

Phill Moderator

display php errors set to on, you do that in php.ini not in the joomla back end.

alisamii Friend

Actually, I can set that on or off in my site’s .htaccess file. Just need to know what level of PHP error reporting you would like?

alisamii Friend

Hi Phill. I have set the default level of display php errors to ON.

alisamii Friend

Hi Phill:

I was able to get the JA Tabs to work again.

Now, There’s one thing I have not been able to do and cannot find where in the CSS I would need to edit to implement what I want.

If you look at the 7 tabs in the JA Tabs module, the tabs are left-alighedn within the div where the tab titles “Galley #” are displayed.

No matter what I do, I cannot get the tabs to be centered.

Can you help me with that?

Phill Moderator

I cannot see your tabs at the moment.

alisamii Friend

LOL…you’re right…I had set them as registered user access while I was testing to see if I can enable them again…and forgot to change the access to public.

Now they are back to public.

Phill Moderator

Please open plugins>content>ja_tabs>themes>urani>style.css and around line 25 please edid the figure I have highlighted in red below to move your tabs where you want them in the bar. I found 220px about right.

.urani ul.ja-tabs-title {
    margin-left:20px !important;

}

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

This topic contains 29 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 13 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum