Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

to ticket number WQT-689-75128.

Thank you.

Phill Moderator

Your site is bringing up a restricted area message and the credentials you supply are not getting past that.

alisamii Friend

Hi phil. I have added the credentials required to get past the restriction in the same ticket.

Phill Moderator

I have edited your password in your support ticked as it was miss-typed.

I’ve taken a look but you have not given enough credentials (ie super admin access) for us to look at the templae manager. As such there is not a lot we can do until then. In addition, one of the devs has asked you to enable the showing of php errors. If changing to another template does not fix your problem enablingthose errors will help diagnose.

alisamii Friend

Thanks…I typed the password on the support ticket from my iphone…easy to make a mistake sometimes.

To get super user privileges, all you need to do is login with the htuser and htpasswd (same as the one you corrected).

Phill Moderator

What do you mean by that? I tried adding ht in front of your username and password and that doesn’t work. I login with the username and password you provide and that just gives admin level, not super admin level.

You really are not making it easy for us here. Just to be able to logon has taken a ticket (updated twice), a few PM’s and a few posts here. If you wish this to be fixed quickly then please make it easy for us to help. Simply make the user you have supplied in your ticket a super admin and while we are trying to fix your problems please drop tht extra level of passwords we have to enter before we even get to your admin page.

Before you do any of that please do as above and enable the visibility of php errors. Also try another template (rather than me jumping through hoops trying to get looged in). The we can prove if it is a template issue or something more serious.

alisamii Friend

Read your private email

Phill Moderator

Thank you for your PM. Please backup your database before I go any further.

alisamii Friend

Phil, please see your PM before proceeding any further.

Phill Moderator

Ok, I have found your problem. 2 files in your templates>ja_urani folder had become corrupt. There wer templateDetails.xml and index.php

It appears they have been edited and some line spacing has been added (ie an extra blank line between each entry). Have you edited these files?

I have replaces these with working version but I need to know whether they have been edited by you.

alisamii Friend

Phil, please see your PM. I’d like to IM with you re that and I have put my skype, msn and aim usernames there. Please IM me on one of those systems. Thank you.

Phill Moderator

Sorry but I do not have those here. Is all working as you expected?

alisamii Friend

Do you have a facebook account we could use its chat feature.

The lines that are missing from templatedetails.xml are missing based on the instructions I received from the copyright removal package I purchased. I did exactly what it says.

As regards the site…it is all wrong. I was using a customised version of the “blue” theme, and now the site is using the standard black theme. The background image is incorrectly placed. The image is supposed to tile on to the left and right, but not top to bottom, with the image centered. It is now left aligned. Likewise, the background is in 3 sections, top, bottom and the rest of the page. The bottom is supposed to be a mirror image of the top.

Even the background image is not the correct background image as that has been modified further.

You can get an idea of what the site should sort of look like (but with the missing JA Tabs Module) by looking at the Google cached version which is located at:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:TKUbShaj6mIJ:thesamiis.com/+thesamiis.com&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk

The site now looks horrible.

Finally, the JA Tabs module is still not there. It is supposed to be located between “Welcome to the Samii Family Web Site” message which is centered and the main content area which is the rounded corner white area and the JA Tabs is supposed to load the Gallery 1 to Gallery 10 or whatever the last Gallery Module is.

I spent months customizing this page, and purchased the copyright removal to make sure it was properly removed and to comply with Joomlart policies.

Now I have to go back and restore a weeks old version, which means that all the RSS content that has generated automatic articles will be lost.

That is why I said, please contact me via Instant Message prior to proceeding further.

The site is now a disaster.

Phill Moderator

As I said, I do not have IM. In addition, I have only changed 2 files and left copies of the originals on the server. If you wish me to restore those files I can but your site will be dead until the problems with the files are rectified. If you edited those files then your editor must have added the extra line spacing. You can download those 2 files from the templates>ja_urani2 folder an manually remove the spacing between each line.

No need to restore whatsoever. The site is not a disaster because of anything I have done. I would not have proceeded if I was going to destroy your site. I have just restored it to a running state. If you wish me to restore it to exactly as it was when we started then I can do that for you.

alisamii Friend

Please see your PM.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

This topic contains 29 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 13 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum