Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

I edited the page today (www.inmarketleadpros.com) and changed some text deep in the page. Then I had problems

1. After I published the top links menu went away.
    2. Trying to add links back, unable to get rid of "span" tag that shows when you hover over the text in the link (background=grey). After recreating the header, its not there now, but if I edit the text enough, it will…!
    3. Links won’t go horizontal because there is an "empty" box (see screenshot).

What the heck is going on. This header has done nothing but act all wonky since we started. We did the recent update a few days back. It was a bit better, but still acting weird.

Screenshot

After I took the screenshot, I tried to recreate the header from scratch. I was able to create the first link no problem, when I created the second link, I can duplicate the original link, but then I am unable to edit the link (i.e. double clicking the duplicated link does not allow me to edit.

See if you can create these three links.

1. The Big Idea (links to #TheBigIdea)
    2. Let’s Talk (links to #LetsTalk)
    3. Bot Fraud Problems? (Links to #BotFraud)

You will be unable to create the links.

Finally, I tried to create the header using Edge. No change in behavior. See screenshot.

Screenshot

Thanks in advance!

support@aa Friend

Bump

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

I wonder why you don’t use the menu module to show these item? In this header, there is option to set column for menu however, the number of column for menu will be bigger than the logo and the right side. The team is updating this feature so you can set up the width for each part with easy.

At this momen, pls try to create menu and display menu module next to the logo.

Regards

support@aa Friend

I can get the menu to render in the item, however, the other section (.col-md-8 header-navbar – see screenshot), is overlaying the menu forcing it to go vertical vs horizontal. I’ve tried to hide the div, but not making a difference. How do I control the .col-md-8 header-navbar?
    enter link description here

Thanks…

Saguaros Moderator

Could you pls wait for the next release version? this feature is implemented and the team is updating other features also, it’s under testing and would be live soon.

support@aa Friend

When do you expect the next version to release? Do you have a link to a roadmap somewhere?

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

It will be released on next Monday. Pls stay tuned.

Regards

support@aa Friend

Upgraded to latest version. Worked better…to a point. I was able to create a new header (used Header 1.2). Edited and created the links with no issue. Until I went to edit it again. Then it started behaving like it did before (See first screenshot).

I fiddled a bit, duplicated the "Bot Fraud" link, but could not edit. Published it. Edit again and was able to edit the text/link. So its still acting wonky still… When I go to edit the header, if I see the TEXT words, I am unable to edit. And I can’t get it to work by doing anything I can identify. It just happens to work sometimes.

screenshot

So just tried to edit again. Thought this might be diagnostic. When I click on the link to edit, it closes and displays as in this screenshot.
    enter link description here

Hope that helps… At this point, the headers are unusable. I can enter them ONCE, but if I need to make any changes, I must CREATE THEM FROM SCRATCH. Painful…

Saguaros Moderator

Could you clarify the step by step to create link in header? As I tried to add link > Edit > Publish > Edit again but can’t replicate the issue.

support@aa Friend

Its very simple. Just edit the page, try to change the link in any of the text links. When you double click on the words (i.e. Key Features). Nothing happens. I am not able to edit the links once they are created. You get ONE chance. The first time you create the header, it works like it should. Click the link, type the label, double-click the label and you can edit the URL and title. Once published, you can NEVER edit it again.

I’ve tried it on the latest version of Chrome, Waterfox and Edge. Exact same behavior. Once created, impossible to edit. Can’t even add a new link. You can copy a link, but then are unable to edit.

Try it. Try to change Key Features to ANYTHING. Unable to edit.

Saguaros Moderator

I meant that how you add link there, because by default, after you add a header block, it will show logo and menu. The menu belongs to a menu module. Did you edit the link directly for each item?

support@aa Friend

I did not use a widget/menu, I used the LINK module. Here’s the process.

1. Insert Header v1.1.
    2. Select LINK
    3. Type text of link first, then double click the text, menu displays with fonts, color, etc.
    4. Click the link option in the menu.
    5. Type the URL and the Text (URL: #LetsTalk, Text: Let’s Talk)
    6. Save the link.
    7. At this point I can still double click an existing link and modify the URL/Text. I can copy a link and modify to create new links. All works fine, UNTIL I publish.
    8. After I publish, when editing the page, you see the Text Area greyed out and the link name. But double clicking has no affect. The entire menu is uneditable. The only way to resolve is to delete the header and start over.
    Saguaros Moderator

I tried to duplicate the same steps but can’t see the issue, it’s weird.

You can check the demo here: http://7de6e90bf5850.demo.builder.joomlart.com/

support@aa Friend

The demo doesn’t work either. When I edit the page, doubleclick on the word LINK, then try to click on the add link icon (little chain links), nothing happens. This feature is broken.

Please, feel free to edit my page, delete the header and recreate. The on page links in each section match the name in the menu…
    The Big Idea – #TheBigIdea
    Target Only Buyers – #TargetOnlyBuyers
    Key Features – #KeyFeatures
    How It Works – #HowItWorks
    Let’s Talk – #LetsTalk

Follow the steps above – I’ll bet you can’t do it with Chrome, Edge or Firefox. Happy to set up a screen sharing session (your time zone) to show you specifically the problem.

Remember the problem does not show up UNTIL you publish. Once published, the header becomes uneditable.

support@aa Friend

Bump. Really need to get this and these other nit-picky details done. Its taken us 3 times longer to build a site using your tool BECAUSE of all these ‘minor-but-important’ issues.

Can we please get these resolved?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum