Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

I am in for the Light Version !!!

khoiey Friend

I’m also in for a lighter template. This is too dark design. Do you have an estimate of when or if even going to have a light version at all?

jwellman Friend

I’ll try to modify the black one to see how difficult it will be. In the meantime, I’m all for a lighter version as well.

wooohanetworks Friend

<em>@jwellman 84875 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’ll try to modify the black one to see how difficult it will be. In the meantime, I’m all for a lighter version as well.</blockquote>

I already did so, but, as usual, my installation of the quickstart hangs at “install sample data” and this with any template I wanted to install today….

mj1256 Friend

i vote for a light version also 🙂

wooohanetworks Friend

So, my QS does not work and as I work blind right now, attached a very simply changed collection of the /images/ folder and the template.css, already everything #FFFFFF, as far I could see… THIS IS LIGHT GREY/WHITE, get up your ***** and make something out of it instead asking for someone else, in this case JA to do YOUR WORK FOR YOU!;)

But for this, you only have to upload those files to /images/ and the CSS to /CSS/. I said, “I work blind, my QS does not work!” so where there is anything still dark in the CSS than change it, I only see a frontpage with nothing but the home link, as my QS does not work! As you can always restore anything with uploading the original files again, try it and tell me how it looks!

But honestly…

Anyone really wanting to have a light version, then make one, you only have to change all images that are dark and all css codes that are dark….

I think the whole topic is boring, this is what we are usually paid for, to customize any template and not ask for this and that from the makers directly.

Better make a completely new next template than a light version for this one, guys, go to work and customize the template to a “light” version on your own….:D

wooohanetworks Friend

Honestly and this is the only way to say it:

I think a lot of people are tripping around here coming with lines like “I paid for my template, template does not work, answer NOW, or I want my money back” while they did not read the tutorials or made something wrong. :-*

Or want always something else than just released…;)

Right you paid the max of 499 Dollars for 61 classy templates you can use on unlimited domains!:D

Price for one template at TemplateMonster, ranging from 40 to 200 Dollars each template, without custom JA extensions etc.., etc., etc.. and without all those features you get here, literally no value!:confused:

Calculate 61 templates for a middle price of 50 Dollars each, what do you get?:confused:

Over 3000 Dollars for much less you get here for 499 Dollars!:confused:

Most Templates at TemplateMonster.com or others cost more than only $50 but app. $100!:eek:

The better ones, still not a competition against those here, app.200 or more….

So calculate this against the costs for the Developer Membership —> $499 against $6100.:cool:

I would appreciate this service here more, as the team deserves more appreciation for their work!:)

Also this is totally typical for Joomla, Joomla is free, so all shall be free or what?>:(

GO TO TEMPLATEMONSTER.COM, check out the JOOMLA TEMPLATES and you find some, those are nothing against the ones you get here, this arrogant behaviour totally comes like you are on some trip or so…and I know why sometimes the team does not answer to those posts.:((

Head on but think about all that for a moment! I do not wonder why my post “This was a great Joomlart day!” was not replied to by a lot of people, as most do not see what they have with Joomlart.com and the team that makes us mostly happy!:D

Thanks!

swemmel Friend

wooohanetworks;84894So, my QS does not work and as I work blind right now, attached a very simply changed collection of the /images/ folder and the template.css, already everything #FFFFFF, as far I could see… THIS IS LIGHT GREY/WHITE, get up your ***** and make something out of it instead asking for someone else, in this case JA to do YOUR WORK FOR YOU!;)

But for this, you only have to upload those files to /images/ and the CSS to /CSS/. I said, “I work blind, my QS does not work!” so where there is anything still dark in the CSS than change it, I only see a frontpage with nothing but the home link, as my QS does not work! As you can always restore anything with uploading the original files again, try it and tell me how it looks!

But honestly…

Anyone really wanting to have a light version, then make one, you only have to change all images that are dark and all css codes that are dark….

I think the whole topic is boring, this is what we are usually paid for, to customize any template and not ask for this and that from the makers directly.

Better make a completely new next template than a light version for this one, guys, go to work and customize the template to a “light” version on your own….:D[/quote]

Hi Wooha,

My post was not to break down the current JA-Sanidine. I like it very much and I like the dark version. And yes, I know how to customize a template to make a light version. Also I know how to customize Community Builder and Fireboard to fit them into a light template. But a big part of the Joomlart-community are not coders or know much about css / html. The fact that Community Builder and Fireboard is integrated and styled in a template is new for JA. And I can imagine that a lot of people, who do not know how to customize a template, want a light version for their website. It do not has to be specially this template, but can also be a totally new light template with CB and FB integrated.

I am already a long time member of JA and try to see things not only from my perspective, but also try to see it from others.

If the topic is boring for you, than just don’t read. You are wasting your time.

Head on but think about all that for a moment! I do not wonder why my post “This was a great Joomlart day!” was not replied to by a lot of people, as most do not see what they have with Joomlart.com and the team that makes us mostly happy!:D

Thanks!

With this I totally agree. A lot of people here like to say how they don’t like a template and forget about the value that they get for their money. It is also a matter of thinking in perspective. It will be impossible to make 2 templates every month from which every 24500 members wil say WOW!!!!!! I also do not like every template they make, but I can imagine that when a template is not my cup of tea, that for other people it is the best-of-the-best.

So I want to give JA the credits that they earn. You get a great value for the money you spent here. Also want to say that I can see that support is more active in the forums than in the past. This is also great. Way to go JoomlArt!!!

Regards,
    Peter

jwellman Friend

<em>@swemmel 84901 wrote:</em><blockquote>My post was not to break down the current JA-Sanidine. I like it very much and I like the dark version. And yes, I know how to customize a template to make a light version. Also I know how to customize Community Builder and Fireboard to fit them into a light template. But a big part of the Joomlart-community are not coders or know much about css / html.

I am already a long time member of JA and try to see things not only from my perspective, but also try to see it from others.

If the topic is boring for you, than just don’t read. You are wasting your time. </blockquote>

Ditto. 🙂 My criticism to JA, which is few and far between, has nothing to do with whether or not I can customize a template… I just don’t like black and know very few people who do. I’m sure the gamers will like it though.

wooohanetworks Friend

<em>@jwellman 84974 wrote:</em><blockquote>Ditto. 🙂 My criticism to JA, which is few and far between, has nothing to do with whether or not I can customize a template… I just don’t like black and know very few people who do. I’m sure the gamers will like it though.</blockquote>

Honestly, WHO of the non coders, BTW, design is not really coding, will use this particular template for a use that makes a JA Light version necessary.

When you want a light version for all those who install it and do not really use it, for what then?

Anyone who needs a lights version, I mean need, has a site with a lot of users and a community etc. to serve with such a template, has a serious plan to build a community, will have the skills to customize the template at ease.

This wish for a light template for the community who can’t code and design is not really thought through, as for a personal site, who needs that template??? No one!

This should by done by the JA Community for the community, is already done for those who can’t but want but should not be done by JA, but by members for members.

Who, as a non-coder has a user base or a public site that makes this wish realistic. When you have one and have a coder for the coding, than you give the codes to the coder and he does the coding….:)

I think, probably in a few days, there will be a light version for all those who can’t code but also not really use the template like it is right then, will use it for a week or whatever or will again want something different than it is right then….

Anyone having an online portal has coding skills or design skills or has some people to do the work for free or not….

The time JA shall invest in the light version is more good for a completely new template.

When your wish for non-coders would be for another template, okay, but for this one, this is for use by commercial sites or pros who have the skills to do all that on their own and to really make the site fit their own design wishes…

BTW, for my case, the design, black, yellow, grey is from the beginning fitting my first already done design idea for a community site, but the other one I want to use it with needs to be light too, but i always think about doing this work on my own as also a light version I would need to customize again to fit my specific needs…

Thanks!:)

wooohanetworks Friend

<em>@wooohanetworks 84894 wrote:</em><blockquote>So, my QS does not work and as I work blind right now, attached a very simply changed collection of the /images/ folder and the template.css, already everything #FFFFFF, as far I could see… THIS IS LIGHT GREY/WHITE, get up your ***** and make something out of it instead asking for someone else, in this case JA to do YOUR WORK FOR YOU!;)

But honestly…

Better make a completely new next template than a light version for this one, guys, go to work and customize the template to a “light” version on your own….:D</blockquote>

Like I said, try the light pics and code and post a link so one sees how it looks, I could not really test it at all too.! I can see the frontpage with all what is part of when no module, no articles etc. are installed, I see the logo, the top and main bg and the basic stuff, only module installed right now “Main Menu Home Link”… Why, QS hangs at “install sample data” and this with all JA templates I wanted to QS yesterday, while on other days all worked out!

Thanks!

jwellman Friend

I’m totally confused. :confused: Which doesn’t take much…. 😀

Anyway, I have been waiting for JA to develop a forum based site. I’m not particularly fond of Fireboard but it would be nice for sites with less traffic. I would love to see a VBulletin installed but I think it has to be purchased (compared to the PHPBB I’m currently using). I’m going to use the new template on a hunting site so I will let everyone see the color changes once I’m finished.

Cheers…

wooohanetworks Friend

<em>@jwellman 84986 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’m totally confused. :confused: Which doesn’t take much…. 😀

Anyway, I have been waiting for JA to develop a forum based site. I’m not particularly fond of Fireboard but it would be nice for sites with less traffic. I would love to see a VBulletin installed but I think it has to be purchased (compared to the PHPBB I’m currently using). I’m going to use the new template on a hunting site so I will let everyone see the color changes once I’m finished.

Cheers…</blockquote>

It makes sense, the ones who really want a one-stop-solution will not justify the work from JA on a light version of this template, my opinion! This can easiely be done by all the ones who scream “light version, light version, for the community” and can code as a free service to the community!:D

But, your attitude is right, also when you have only 100 users, you still do the work supposed to do to operate a site.;)

When now someone, who even can afford his or her coders to install all that or to customize the design, then this is only about saving money and the “community needs one” factor is not a true argument.

Like i said, most of the members who want JA to make a custom template surely only “for the community who can’t code..” 😉 MAY PLEASE DO THIS WORK FOR THE COMMUNITY AND NOT ASK FOR JA TO DO THIS 😉 Because when you really want this light version “only for the others, the community…” 😉 ,than serve the community you want to support with working out one for everyone who just wants but can’t code FOR FREE, AS A SERVICE TO THE COMMUNITY. When you have “no time” for that, why then the time to ask for others to do this job!

Time of JA is time that costs too and may reflect bad on the next coming template….

Hope you get what I refer to…..;)

ikki_83 Friend

a light version will be a great thing…

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

This topic contains 29 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  ikki_83 15 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum