Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author

Let me start with few things that can be improved 😉
    First: change line 34 in html/mod_login/default.php from

<input type="submit" name="Submit" class="button" value="Login" />
    to:

<input type="submit" name="Submit" class="button" value="BUTTON_LOGIN" />
    It is not a big issue, but pretty annoying JA repeats this error in each template.

Second: typography – don’t want to go back in the time, but maybe it is a good idea some templates to have different typography. Now it is repeated every time, maybe for about year now.

Third: the moveble top panel: Well, it is cool, but we already seen this many times in JA templates and it even looks in the exactly same way. Consider something more creative (i.e. why don’t you make such slider from left/right?)

Fourth: Right menu – it looks in the exactly same as in another maybe 10 templates of JA. Well it looks nice, but most of the people want to see something new … maybe.

Fifth: Module highlithing – see point 4. Now is becoming obsolete and the exact styling you can see in 10 other JA templates.

Sixth: The two columns on the right structure is … something that goes directly in the same category of points 4 and 5. Used too often. Look at Bentobox in example and you will see a very different way to structure navigation in example. Repeating one the same “block schema” is a loosing strategy, change something

Seventh: Menus … these are pretty well repeated in each template. Better in some release don’t use some of the types, but offer different structure of the navigation.

Constructive enough?

TomC Moderator

<em>@VisiGod 58020 wrote:</em><blockquote>Well Tom, thinking in the same way, what is the constructive in your post?</blockquote>
    The very message of my post is constructive given the comments to which I was referring.

You do understand what constructive criticism is, don’t you?

TomC Moderator

<em>@VisiGod 58032 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Constructive enough?</blockquote>
    Better than a few criticisms I have seen in this thread. I would calssify your post more along the lines of “suggestive” criticism . . . presented well and with due consideration/respect.

😎

mfcphil Friend

<em>@VisiGod 58032 wrote:</em><blockquote>

typography – don’t want to go back in the time, but maybe it is a good idea some templates to have different typography. Now it is repeated every time, maybe for about year now.

</blockquote>

I must admit I requested new template typography a few months ago and I am a little disappointed that this side of things still has not been updated….Really could do with a fresh look. :((

VisiGod Friend

Tom, I appologize, but I don’t see anything constructive in your posts (in this thread).

TomC Moderator

<em>@VisiGod 58043 wrote:</em><blockquote>Tom, I appologize, but I don’t see anything constructive in your posts (in this thread).</blockquote>
    You’re entitiled to your opinion.

😎

noblecode Friend

It seems like every month on every Template Club half the people like the new release and the others dont. I just dont get it. Are you expecting to use the new template every realease? It is not like you have a job waiting on it — you dont know what it is going to look like. I say put in your request and if enough intersted is generated JoomlArt would look into it.

As for using Yootheme addons. Big deal. If you are into Joomla enough you know about all the clubs, etc. Why recreate the wheel. I think yootheme has some cool stuff and I am a member there, but the templates are different. This is a template club first, all the addons are extra. It seems that the clubs “copy” each others ideas anyway, why not just use a GPL released item — shows JA is not afraid of dropping a competitors name — acutally shows respect in my book, much better then making a knockoff of their work.

My thoughts.

mspritely Friend

integrating other components isnt that bad, Why re-invent everything. Just give credit due where it is deserved. Now there may be an issue that JA is “charging” for templates that include open source licenses, but thats another issue.
    With regard to this months template – boring

VisiGod Friend

Charging for GPL extensions is no problem at all. At least legaly.

kajantek Friend

I’m not going to use this template…Just waiting for another one…
    ….Frankly It’s a good template but joomlart can do much better…

Cheer up, guys!!! 😉

VisiGod Friend

It misses the “WOW effect” 🙂 – that’s it.

Hung Dinh Friend

<em>@sevil 58012 wrote:</em><blockquote>This Template is just terrible!
    What’s going on JA Team.. The last 2 Month you are producing nothing!! I am very sad about the results! Also what is great on this template!??
    Did someone noticed that we have YOOCarousel integrated in the lolite template!
    Yootheme Modules in Joomlart Templates?? Yootheme is really professional and has very good products.. But i am surprised to see Yootheme Extensions in Joomlart Templates.. Make your own Extensions and integrate not 3rd part extensions into the Template..
    If you have no agreement with Yootheme i would say JA Team is going to make Warez 😀
    This Template is really boring me! I am sorry but JA Team you are loosing customers this way!!</blockquote>

sevil,
    Have you looked at the codes and carefully thought when you wrote this post? Do you know what is ground base of JA Tabs and YOOCarousel ?
    The mootool is a great tool that you can create almost any kind of animation on the web at present. We make the extensions with our own brain and it is ashame that such words are said out. I am really disappointed

tempusserbia Friend

Another great job from JA, including “eye candy” gadgets. What I do not like it’s repeating of 2-3 things constantly over last few months:

1. layout, it’s always same (2 columns + body), why don’t you try to make it something different like (1right, body, 2 left),
    2. typography, it’s a final time to change it,
    3. Same kind of menus, make slide menu in next template, like in Corona

Everything else is great!

limeweb Friend

Personally I’m not impressed with the new template but I’m sure that its design will no doubt suit the purposes of many JA members.

As to constructive comment – my suggestion would be for JA to open up a ‘Research’ forum and in there create for example well constructed polls so members can make their views on template development known to JA. At present, all positive suggestions come across in ‘bits and pieces’ making it difficult for JA to assimilate into some common thinking on which they could react.

gstyles Friend

Sorry JA but this template does not have much going for it. Limewebs idea of a dedicated forum to research seems like a good idea to me. I personally would like to see a truly outstanding e-commerce template that has true fluid width.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

This topic contains 34 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  sscalia 15 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum