Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

On my website, the frontpage module will not show up above the news module. Is something configured wrong?
    Check it out –> http://www.thegatorbyte.com

Thanks!
    Editor of The Gator Byte

wachue Friend

I have the same problem too. I just want to publish an article on the frontpage without using the module. However, article is not showing. What do I need to do? Do I have to make changes to the index.php file?

nigelta Friend

Does is work with a different article? The reason I say that is because there doesn’t seem to be much in the way of text formatting. Also, and this is just a guess – try inserting a larger image and place it at the top LH corner so the text just wraps around the side and bottom of the image.

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@dhuston53 60785 wrote:</em><blockquote>On my website, the frontpage module will not show up above the news module. Is something configured wrong?
    Check it out –> http://www.thegatorbyte.com

Thanks!
    Editor of The Gator Byte</blockquote>

Hi dhuston53,

How did you install your program? QuickStart? or Joomla then Template?
    What version of Joomla did you use? Joomla 1.5.3 or Joomla 1.0.15?
    If you go to the Module window, did you check if the Frontpage module was published?

Just a few questions that you have to provide because otherwise, everyone would be guessing what went awry.

Cornelio

dhuston53 Friend

<em>@cgc0202 60865 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi dhuston53,

How did you install your program? QuickStart? or Joomla then Template?

Joomla then template

What version of Joomla did you use? Joomla 1.5.3 or Joomla 1.0.15?

Joomla 1.5.3

If you go to the Module window, did you check if the Frontpage module was published?

Yes

Just a few questions that you have to provide because otherwise, everyone would be guessing what went awry.

Cornelio</blockquote>
    bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

Sherlock Friend

Hi.
    You can read HERE

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@dhuston53 60881 wrote:</em><blockquote>bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb</blockquote>

Hmm… very puzzling. Difficult to diagnose.

Did you ever get the Frontpage after you installed the Template?

If not, I am flummoxed. Something went wrong and it may not be the Joomla nor the template that were to blame.. If something goes wrong, it is very difficult to understand what went awry

Just so you would not be too discouraged, when I started installing Joomlart templates, it took me five (5) fresh installations of the QuickStart Kit before I got it correctly.

So, if this is your first installation and you are just started, I would suggest that you make a clean start.

So, please consider downloading the Joomla 1.5x-JA Teline II QuickStart Kit and do the “simple” browser-based installation. If you are a very new user, I would recommend using Joomla 1.0x-JA Teline II QuickStart Kit as your learning installation — less bugs than Joomla 1.5x-JA Teline II QuickStart Kit and what I found is that many of the bugs that are most critical are caused by the Joomla 1.5x not the JA Teline II, contrary to what is being reported by others here.

However, whether you chose Joomla 1.5x-JA Teline II QuickStart Kit or Joomla 1.0x-JA Teline II QuickStart Kit, after you finish the installation, you must get a website more or less the Demo, as shown by Joomlart. If not, you screwed up something.

The most common error is that the user forgot to check the icon that ask you to “load the Sample data” — I believe this was in Step 6.

Please try the QuickStart installation first.

If you pass the previous hurdle, and decided to used the Joomla 1.5x-JA Teline II QuickStart Kit, the resulting site would look nice on the surface — but you will encounter some bugs later if you used the Joomla 1.5x version. I had several detailed postings on the errors I encountered and how to solve the bugs.

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/revisiting-the-404-component-not-found-not-a-teline-ii-error-but-joomla-1-5/

Cornelio

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  cgc0202 15 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum