Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

We have just made some custom modifications to the forum posting process so that we can provide better help for everyone here at JA.

1. Confidential Data submission

Most of the solutions to hard issues require an inspection into users’ livesite and our Mods/Admin really need to have the site access. So far, our moderator, support staff have to ask people sending such info to PM. Now you can do it right at the time of posting and this will save our time asking and tracking down which PM related to which thread.

2. Best answer selection

3862 3863
    If your answer to a question is selected as the best answer to a thread, you will be given 15 credits as special thank to your contribution. Also, your post will be promoted and highlighted right below the question so that other can go directly to the solution.

The users with the most “best answer” posts will also be listed in the honor Top Helpers, we have not decided what prizes to give to such members but you will certainly receive the highest appreciation from all forum member.

3. Help Links – Let’s help people!

3864 3865

Look at the New Post link, you can see the dropdown links which give you quickest way to threads who really need help. Although this link is primarily designed for our Mod/Admin, however anyone can use it to give help.

4. Ajax thread prefix update, change to Answered/Solved accordingly.

Thread prefix is a fast and useful indication to JA Staff and other users as a classification of nature of the thread content. If your problem/question is solved/answered, kindly change it to Solved/ Answered so that we can save time for others. If the thread owner finds that the issue is not really solved, he can change it back to Question / Problem and add more clarifications.

5. Email Integration (New threads/replies by email)

So now you can participate into Forum discussion from your INBOX.

5.1. Step 1: Subscribe to your favorite forums

5.2. Step 2: Now when a new thread/post, reply it from your inbox!

Note: We respect the privacy, this feature only work if you subscribe to a forum and you can unsubscribe anytime at the footer of your email.

1. confidential_data
    2. best_answer1
    3. best_answer2
    4. quicklink
    5. tophelper
    bennitos Friend

Nice work there Hung Dinh!

But i have spotted an error.

2. Best answer selection
    You can mark yourself in your own tread as best answer, so its possible to create treads and give yourself best answer everytime to gain more credits.

I did it on one of my treads as an example:
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/normal-frontpage-instead-of-ja-news-blog/

Sunsetdriver Friend

Very cool features! 🙂

Hung Dinh Friend

bennitos;96875

2. Best answer selection
    You can mark yourself in your own tread as best answer, so its possible to create treads and give yourself best answer everytime to gain more credits.

This is not an error however, sometime people can find the answer to their own question after some research and this can be useful for other with the same problem.

In case of abuse, Admin/Mod will reset the answer or others can report post/add Infraction. And repeated activities can lead the to ban of account. Credits Redemption is monitored and manual verified as well

Hung Dinh Friend

Just update the first thread with the 4th feature
    4. Ajax thread prefix update

bennitos Friend

I must say im really REALLY impressed with all the changes and improvements from JA last year! Well done!!

sunrise Friend

I am also impressed. JA keeps improving. Ja isn’t happy to achieve somethng great, they keep looking for better ways, and how to make JA better for us, the members, and developers. Thanks for all the great improvements throughout the year!

:):D

SP Media Friend

That’s really useful info, thanks guys. 🙂

shertmann Friend

congratulations this is a good enhance

matteaz Friend

COngratulations!

questbg Friend

Hi Hung Dinh

<em>@Hung Dinh 96968 wrote:</em><blockquote>Just update the first thread with the 4th feature
    4. Ajax thread prefix update</blockquote>

I just tried to mark the following thread as ‘solved’:

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/all-pages-same-color/

However, I get the following error message:

Please advise.
    Thanks
    Chris

Hung Dinh Friend

questbg;103224Hi Hung Dinh

I just tried to mark the following thread as ‘solved’:

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/all-pages-same-color/

However, I get the following error message:

Please advise.
    Thanks
    Chris

Hi Chris,
    This is not an error. Currently the permission to change prefixed is set for thread owner + mod + admin + JA Staff only.

However, I have changed the setting so that everyone can help to change it if he/she feel it should be changed to reflect the updated nature of the thread.

sfpkent Friend

<em>@sunrise 97022 wrote:</em><blockquote>I am also impressed. JA keeps improving. Ja isn’t happy to achieve somethng great, they keep looking for better ways, and how to make JA better for us, the members, and developers. Thanks for all the great improvements throughout the year!</blockquote>

Yes, agree with you. Joomlart does keep improving. Thanks Joomlart!!!

questbg Friend

Thank you Hung Dinh, that explains it!

Hung Dinh Friend

Just update the first thread with the 5th feature

5. Email Integration (New threads/replies by email)

So now you can participate into Forum discussion from your INBOX.

5.1. Step 1: Subscribe to your favorite forums

5.2. Step 2: Now when a new thread/post, reply it from your inbox!

Note: We respect the privacy, this feature only work if you subscribe to a forum and you can unsubscribe anytime at the footer of your email.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

This topic contains 29 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  SP Media 14 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum