Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

I am trying to customise layout of content within the spotlight-1.php file.
    I have my page set to display 3 footer items and can see in footer.php that ‘spotlight’ is loaded. When i look in that file i can’t see any options for configuring how the different cols are displayed on different sized devices.
    When i check the code in ‘firebug’ i can see that this info is automatically output eg footer-1 ‘col-lg-4 col-md-4 col-sm-4 col-xs-6’ but footer-3 outputs ‘col-xs-12’. I don’t want this column to be set at col-xs-12.
    This is the class set in spotlight-1.php ‘<div class="container t3-sl t3-sl-1">. However output is
    <div class="t3-spotlight t3-footnav row">
    <div class=" col-lg-4 col-md-4 col-sm-4 col-xs-6">
    <div class=" col-lg-4 col-md-4 col-sm-4 col-xs-6"/>
    <div class=" col-lg-4 col-md-4 col-sm-4 col-xs-12">.

I don’t understand where this code is coming from or how toaccess it

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Open
    template manager > open the template style >options > Layout Tab
    And can set the no. for module positions for spotlight block.
    Also in the Layout > Responsive layout you can drag and move the module position to change the size.
    Doc: https://www.joomlart.com/documentation/joomla-faqs/layout-width#module-width

Regards

katuxa Friend

Thanks Pankaj, Yes i’m aware of whats possible through the template manager. What i want is to be able to edit the code that is output. I can access all other areas of my template eg header.php, one-sidebar-left and footer.php. I have set my template to show footer-1,2 and 3. However i want to edit the col classes eg add a class,change the layout for responsive design(footer-3 automatically goes to col-xs-12 while 1 + 2 go to col-xs-6 – I don’t want this. I also want to set an equal height class for these columns on larger devices. I can see in footer.php spotlight is called ‘<?php $this->spotlight(‘footnav’, ‘footer-1, footer-2, footer-3,….’ but in the spotlight-1.php if i add a class eg ‘testing’ [code][code] <div class="container t3-sl t3-sl-2 testing"> its not showing in the source. What shows is [code][code] <div class="t3-spotlight t3-footnav row"> Basically i am looking for a file ‘spotlight.php (presumably) as ” is showing ‘SPOTLIGHT'( not SPOTLIGHT-1) in the source code comments. The only files i see are spotlight-1 and -2. Hope i’m not being too vague!

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    The position are handled by layout. Of you want to any custom work in php files you can find them in /tpls/blocks folder of template.
    Here is documentation of T3

katuxa Friend

Hi, Thanks again for reply.
    Am aware of editing files in /tpls/blocks but can’t get into how this particular block of code is executed. I have 3 footer positions enabled and can’t see if its spotlight-1.php or spotlight-2.php is called.
    As i was looking in etc/layout/ files i couldn’t see where any xs columns were being output as ‘col-xs-12’. I have just discovered that the file i was looking for was in local/etc/layout/ so can now edit width of column on responsive screens.
    The only thing i’d like to figure out now is how to add a class to this line of code. I can do it in any other part of the template but not here. I have added test classes to eg div class="container t3-sl t3-sl-2 test" on spotlight-1.php or spotlight-2.php and added comments but they don’t show on executed code

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    You can change the position width from template options > Layout Tab.
    The position are defined in the /tpls/blocks file
    The etc/ layout folder contains the same layout that you can see in the template options layout tab.
    I suggest you to again follow the documentation and change the width using template options layout tab.
    As you are not familiar with custom works.

Regards

katuxa Friend

Thanks.

Still can’t figure out how to add a class to the spotlight area. I can do it in any other part of the template but not here. I have added test classes to eg div class="container t3-sl t3-sl-2 test" on spotlight-1.php or spotlight-2.php and added comments but they don’t show on executed code

I know all the positions files are here… /tpls/blocks. I can access all areas of my template here but not ‘spotlight’?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Kindly post screenshot of the issue and illustrate the issue inside the screenshot, also post site URL here.

katuxa Friend

The only spotlight files i have in tpls blocks are spotlight-1 and spotlight-2(i don’t know which file is called) If i add a class like eg ‘test’ , it doesent show in the source code. Also if i add a comment ‘test’ – it doesent show. I notice that in each file the comment begins with ‘SPOTLIGHT-1 or SPOTLIGHT-2’ whereas in the output code the comment is SPOTLIGHT ( I DON’T UNDERSTAND WHERE THIS CODE COMES FROM AND HOW I CAN ACCESS IT SO I CAN ADD A CLASS TO MAKE THE COLUMNS EQUAL HEIGHT

1. tvtos
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    In footer.php all position are defined in the same file .
    All the block folder files doesn’t related to each other.
    Spotlight block 1 and 2 use different position and footer block contains footer position.
    Regards

katuxa Friend

so, where do i add a class that will be output in this line <!-- SPOTLIGHT --> <div class="t3-spotlight t3-footnav row"> ?
    This code is not in footer.php

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Kindly share the site URL, i will help you to apply the code.
    Also you can apply the code on t3-footnav class.
    Regards

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 7 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum