Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I had the same problem in an earlier test site. This is a brand new install and ‘Filter by category’ setting in the back end does not work.Some cosmetic css modifications to the template (all via help by joomlart moderators), otherwise the ja_healthcare template and the jak2 filter are the latest versions, K2 v2.7.1, joomla 3.6.2, php7

PROBLEM 1: In admin, If i turn ‘Filter by category’ off, the front end works correctly with all the filters and the RESET button resets everything (but see 2 below). In admin, If I turn ‘Filter by category’ ON, (no matter if i select individual categories or ALL, then 11) the filter does not work and all the other filters become non-functional. Plus if i click RESET, it does not reset, but takes me to a listing page without any template format.

PROBLEM 2: The reset button does not reset the category correctly. IT LISTS ALL ITEMS FROM ALL K2 categories. You can see this problem in action if you keep the ‘filter by categories off’. Try resetting. It will reset and pull items from ALL k2 categories…even the ones you done want.

The reason I want the category to work, is that i want to use the filter in two locations on the site. Each section is totally different with its own unique K2category structures. I want two JAfilter modules to work independently just within their categories. (At the moment the filter pulls all articles from all categories, which is the problem)

Could you please look at my site and see why the Category Filter does not work.

UPDATE I have today created 2 sections. ‘News’ and ‘careers’. Each has unique items and separate extra field groups. I have two instances of the Filter module running. the problem persists. If I turn on ‘filter by categories’ i get problems. If I turn off ‘filter by categories’ , both work BUT ….when I use the RESET in ‘News’ section, items from careers are listed as well; and if I RESET in ‘Careers’ section it brings items from the news section. THEY NEED TO BE INDEPENDENT.

Luna Garden Moderator

Hi,

We see the problem on the menuItem news2 and trying to find out the problem.
    It would be great if we have FTP info of your site, could you update these info ?

mazhar shah Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Mo0nlight Moderator

Hi

You can try to edit the file : /templates/ja_healthcare/html/mod_jak2filter/default.php

Change the code at line: 41

<ul id="jak2filter<?php echo $module->id; ?>" class="ja-k2filter-wrap <?php echo $ja_stylesheet; ?>">

To:

<ul id="jak2filter<?php echo $module->id; ?>" class="ja-k2filter ja-k2filter-wrap <?php echo $ja_stylesheet; ?>">
    mazhar shah Friend

Hi
    Any update on this please?

mazhar shah Friend

Thank you Moonlight. That did not help. Problems exactly the same.

mazhar shah Friend

It seems to be working now. Can you please let me know what steps you took to fix it, in case I need to re-install. Thank you.

Mo0nlight Moderator
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mo0nlight 7 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum