Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

In the Profile settings for Facebook in backend of this plugin, try to enable option ‘Update Article’ and import again.

If problem still persists, you can send me the login credentials of your site e.g: URL, Admin, FTP account via PRIVATE reply so I will have a look.

preno Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Saguaros Moderator

Let me check with the team and will get back to you.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi

I attach the package of this plugin here which includes the fix, you can install it and run the cron to import again.

If the 1st import doesn’t work, please try to clean all caches (or disable cache plugin) and import again.

Thank you all for your patience.

preno Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Saguaros Moderator

Give us more time to investigate this further. Thanks for your patience.

Saguaros Moderator

Could you check again now?

preno Friend

Thank you very much!

1.) Just checked facebook content / images on dev site. Everything looks good now in this regard. What exactly did you do now, so I can reproduce this on live site? Is there new plugin code?

2.) Any chance to have a look at the two other (minor) points mentioned in my previous post (via pm)? Aka populate "feed post date" to "publishing date" in joomla articles when re-importing/importing content. And the other point being, when linked URLs in posts on facebook deliver "fbstaging://graph.facebook.com/staging_resources/" URLs insted of image URLs (due to unreckognized URL/Domain structure of the linked site) ? The idea would be somehow NOT populate these URLs in article images, so that there will not be broken images.

cheers and thanks again, highly appreciated!

Luna Garden Moderator

1.) Just checked facebook content / images on dev site. Everything looks good now in this regard. What exactly did you do now, so I can reproduce this on live site? Is there new plugin code?

Yes, we made some change in code, and those changes will be released soon.

the "created_time" from a fb post (within the json feed) does not populate the article creation date or even better: the publication date of an article.

No, the Created Date still get the right time of original post, even you set in JA Social Feed Profile is Update article, you can check in Joomla Content >> Article detail >> Tab Publishing >> Created Date

And the other point being, when linked URLs in posts on facebook deliver "fbstaging://graph.facebook.com/staging_resources/" URLs insted of image URLs (due to unreckognized URL/Domain structure of the linked site)

In new change we fixed on your site, this link was replaced to new link.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

This topic contains 23 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Luna Garden 7 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum