Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

I can use it fine also, my clients will not be able to though. Some of us build sites for clients. Plus work in the cost for them, many 3rd party providers I can trust to give support and be honest, they know if they do this clients will come back. They need to advertise this and be honest about it. In fact if you look earlier in the thread someone says you should not include FeedGator in the documentation of the demo, and they say they will remove it.

Still there. For $50.00 great, unless you expect service and not spending anywhere from $50 to almost $200 for a RSS feed section on site, which is also something you need to pay quarterly or yearly.

No problem for me to run it on something I am running myself, but good luck for people who are already struggling to learn Joomla.

Support even told one customer to just use Social Importer, they are not even the same thing. Who wants Twitter news on their news site? Client is doing science news, had to inform them there is now a huge increase in cost, for the plugin,, support for plugin, extra for processors for plugin, quarterly for yearly cost, and then paying a webmaster to run it.

Suddenly the money being spent, I could have just built something custom for them.

1. ja
    giggles666 Friend

Might as well develop something and use Yahoo pipes.

jckunle Friend

HI bowman999,
    How did you manage to configure OBGrabber to grab feeds. I just installed JAWall 3.0 with the hope of removing 2.5 when im done with it but OBGrabber is a bit hard for me. I couldn’t even get a moderate support from them.

All my RSS feeds are working fine on 2.5 using feedgator (still up working now) but same feeds will not work on OBGrabber. This is the error i’m getting

( URL: http://www.ynaija.com/category/lifestyle/feed
    [ Found: 0 ][ +0 ][ 0/100 ]
    Error:

[ Started: 2013-06-19 21:22:09][ Engine Date: 0 items ]
    Engine not found data )

Help please.

Free feedgator is easy to configure but paid OBGrabber is a real pain..smh

jacky_hoang Friend

oh Shit, I’m going to pay for ObGrabber 🙁
    I still have to use JAWALL for joomla 2.5 with feedgator. Joomlart did not tell us about the missing of this module in JAwall 3.

jckunle Friend

Now I got it working for me, not just shwoing link to the full text or the web

giggles666 Friend

I gave up, there was no way my client was going to run it. So I went backwards to 2.5 for now. OBgrabber support does stink, I had some bumps in the road like you and just said screw it and downlaoded 2.5 version with feedgator. Which sucked because I wanted to use the 3.1 tags and keep all content in the com_content arena. Not a fan of K2 not using com_content.

Sorry I couldn’t be of more help, but I buy these templates and packages to move a site along as quick as possible, and all the tweaking was beyond my clients budget.

I am shocked though that FeedGator died and no one has coded up something as simple and nice.

jckunle Friend

Every works out at the end. Though it took me several hours to come out the correct settings, Now everything is working fine using OBGrabber. I recommend you take your time on it and will work well….. I can share my settings for RSS and Article content if anyone is in need of it.

jacky_hoang Friend

tks for your work, please share pls pls ^^

jckunle Friend

Check the screenshots i posted, just follow the specifics on the second screenshot, One more thing you can add is to check for DUPLICATE which I didn’t bother doing. But this setting will grab fill text and pictures as well.

1. obgrabber
    2. obgrabber_2
    giggles666 Friend

It’s not working for me, I have had the same problem for a while now and they aren’t helping much. I even tried to copy your settings. As you can see, my getfulltext is bugged or something, most likely the problem, but without support it’s pretty useless for me to waste much more of my time.

1. nogood
    jckunle Friend

try to use level two for the Fulltext, you can change that by clicking on the 2 arrow signs. Let’s see maybe it will work.

If it doesn’t work, I can pm you my obGrabber zip file maybe your files are corrupt.

giggles666 Friend

Yeah I had already tried the drop down arrows, and I even configured it in the plugin area. Still did not fix the problem.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

This topic contains 27 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  giggles666 10 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum