Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Ja wall for Joomla 30.

Where do I download Feed Gator for Joomla 30?

Thanks

FeedGator
    This extension has been unpublished for the following reason:

UR14-Non-Compatible With Supported Versions

bowman999 Friend

Hi Pedrox,

I’m pretty sure there is no version for Joomla 3 (wasn’t really even supposed to be working for 2.5 apparently). It’s an open source project with limited ongoing support by the looks of it.

I’ve installed ObGrabber instead:

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/social-web/social-edition/automatic-articles/22285

Is very similar and has a lot of extra options, but unfortunately it costs money 🙂

I think the Joomlart team should have removed all references to Feedgator in the new 1.08 release (if support people read this you might want to update the demo and download files). It’s not compatible unless they are going to provide their own customised version?

Cheers

John

pedrox Friend

The Joomlart templates are too dependent on third-party components, and this is a problem

?????

1. Capturar
    pedrox Friend

Please, I would like to hear from JoomlArt about this problem.

Lately I’ve been very critical but my intention is not to harm anyone. I feel a bit frustrated with the limitations in Joomla. And I feel the need to externalize it. I apologize if sometimes I do it too aggressively 🙂

pedrox Friend

Please, can someone tell me what is the component that is using Ja Wall (in the demo for Joomla 30) to replace Feed Gator ?
    I do not understand why nobody has talked about this issue so important?
    (Sometimes I have the feeling of living in a parallel reality!)

Thanks

Stork11 Friend

Hello pedrox,

As of now, Feed Gator doesn’t support Joomla 3.0. We will remove it from JA Wall 3.0.

You can use JA Social Feed Plugin instead http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=3013

Regards.

pedrox Friend

<em>@bowman999 364156 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Pedrox,

I’m pretty sure there is no version for Joomla 3 (wasn’t really even supposed to be working for 2.5 apparently). It’s an open source project with limited ongoing support by the looks of it.

I’ve installed ObGrabber instead:

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/social-web/social-edition/automatic-articles/22285

Is very similar and has a lot of extra options, but unfortunately it costs money 🙂

I think the Joomlart team should have removed all references to Feedgator in the new 1.08 release (if support people read this you might want to update the demo and download files). It’s not compatible unless they are going to provide their own customised version?

Cheers

John</blockquote>

Hi 🙂

WebGrabber works well with JaWall and result is the same?
    In the demo the WebGrabber looks different…

Unless I’ve seen the demo wrong…

Thanks

1. 1ert
    bowman999 Friend

Hi Pedrox,

You’re looking at the demo for their RSS Reader product called ObRSS. What you want is OBGrabber. This is a totally different product to what you showed in your screenshot.

Cheers,

John

PS – Having said that, OBGrabber is very hard to configure. Complicated and a bit messy, but its the only sensible alternative I can find.

pedrox Friend

Without Feed Gator, JaWal lost almost all interest, and the main purpose for which it was created, and this is very disappointing. It is also disappointing that Jomlart not propose any option …… Without “Joomla! Social” JaWall is a template like any other :((

pedrox Friend

The end of FeedGator not surprise me (long anticipated), what surprises me is that Joomlart has invested in a component without future. It seems that JoomlArt is flying ace blind!

bowman999 Friend

It’s not that bad Pedrox. I’d suggest you go with OBGrabber and ask for help from the support. They’re good. Although, as I said, it’s not a user friendly component – missing documentation. I’ve decided just to stick with the JA Social Feed plugin, as I’ve managed to get it working at last.

There are a lot of other advantages of JA Wall. Like any template though – however good – you always end up needing customise it in some form or fashion.

If you need any help with the OBGrabber or JA Wall, drop me a line.

Cheers,

John

jacky_hoang Friend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0svGfm7XKdU

OBGrabber’s too complicated 🙁

giggles666 Friend

I have to admit I am not very happy myself. I get that Feed Gator did not do a 3.0, but seriously you put out a product and don’t tell people now there is an extra cost involved for 3.0 users if they actually want to have RSS feeds.

Hello pedrox,

//As of now, Feed Gator doesn’t support Joomla 3.0. We will remove it from JA Wall 3.0.

You can use JA Social Feed Plugin instead

This is not being honest either, the social importer is not an RSS Feed aggregator, it is something else entirely.

oBGrabber is great, if you know it and have money to spend on it. You should really be honest with your products, honest about how you developed a news wall that used a piece of software that everyone knew was not going to work with any new version of Joomla.

I agree at this point it’s just another template. This product seem like it was put out and then just ignored. Honesty goes a long way, and all I seem to be thinking to myself is why would I invest in any product including templates. Trust does help. And $50 dollars for a template, not a club membership. And then tack on a 3rd party app you don’t make people aware of and you are looking at a a lot more money unless you are OK with paying $50 for a rock.

I have been doing web stuff for a while, and Joomla is a big part of my business. I have club memberships with many of the providers and this right here has told me to steer clear of Joomlart.

oBGrabber is not easy for even people i the know to run, and the support is what you pay for from them. I can’t feel comfortable trying to tutor some of my clients.

Still no mention on your site about *please be advised you must invest in a 3rd party RSS FEED AGG. because the one we developed this around is dead in the water”.

Seriously.

giggles666 Friend

This product was just a quick money grab….garbage.

ozzymanson2 Friend

i buy obgrabber – it’s works perfectly. it’s very easy to maintain and config (the same as in video)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

This topic contains 27 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  giggles666 10 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum