Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Download the latest JAT3 plugin

Unzip it

Delete all the files in plugins>system>jat3 on your install

Copy the new files you just unzipped into that location so the structure remains as it was before

Hopefully that should fix it.

resurrection Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 308438 wrote:</em><blockquote>Download the latest JAT3 plugin

Unzip it

Delete all the files in plugins>system>jat3 on your install

Copy the new files you just unzipped into that location so the structure remains as it was before

Hopefully that should fix it.</blockquote>

Nope. Same error. I must say i get this error installing the last quickstart package of the Blank template. That package includes the last Jat3 Framework plugin

Phill Moderator

What version of PHP are you using?

I cannot replicate it on my setup.

ccat Friend

<em>@resurrection 308452 wrote:</em><blockquote>Nope. Same error. I must say i get this error installing the last quickstart package of the Blank template. That package includes the last Jat3 Framework plugin</blockquote>
    Is it a fresh install, or upgrading existing one from version 1.6 or 1.7 ?

In my case (install from inside Joomla! on existing plugin), the differences in case of filename result in duplicate files (on insensitive case view)n then, duplicate declaration and error.
    Removing old files (not renaming the new one’s) resolve the bug after JAT3 cache cleaning.

resurrection Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 308453 wrote:</em><blockquote>What version of PHP are you using?

I cannot replicate it on my setup.</blockquote>

I’m using PHP version 5.3.1 and i’m doing a fresh install of the last jat3 blank quickstart package.

Phill Moderator

Could you PM me a super admin logon and ftp details so I can take a look. While I have seen this error before I have only seen it on updated sites, never on a fresh install and I am unable to replicate your problem.

resurrection Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 308571 wrote:</em><blockquote>Could you PM me a super admin logon and ftp details so I can take a look. While I have seen this error before I have only seen it on updated sites, never on a fresh install and I am unable to replicate your problem.</blockquote>

Sorry but i can’t cause i’m running a local server using XAMPP por Mac Os X

Phill Moderator

In that case it is going to be impossible for me to help other than you going through the tips above. Sorry.

ccat Friend

<em>@resurrection 308611 wrote:</em><blockquote>Sorry but i can’t cause i’m running a local server using XAMPP por Mac Os X</blockquote>
    Just in case (because I think it is a character case issue), can you repeat install in classic LAMP stack in any Linux Virtual Machine.
    You can use VirtualBox and any distribution you like for that, it’s free of charge.

resurrection Friend

Ok. I’ll try running lamp on a virtual machine. I’m sure that it must be a Mac OsX issue

ccat Friend

<em>@resurrection 308913 wrote:</em><blockquote>Ok. I’ll try running lamp on a virtual machine. I’m sure that it must be a Mac OsX issue</blockquote>
    I noted 2 things :
    – Your error message refer to /plugins/system/jat3/jat3/core/libs/Browser.php with Capital “B”
    – The file in the quickstart archive I download at http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=2087 contains /plugins/system/jat3/jat3/core/libs/browser.php with lowercase “b”

Are you sure that the archive you download is the good one ?

Last idea, some OS’s capitalize filename just on display (stupid idea!), perhaps some unarchiver on Mac do the same “for real”.
    Use command line terminal to list files inthe concerned directory; I’m only sure this one don’t lie 🙂

gmistral Friend

<em>@ccat 308414 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

I think it is a small “case” bug in the name on the files in the archive.
    In my case, my last install was from plg_system_jat3.v1.6.0.zip in wich you can find in /jat3/core/libs/ :
    – Browser.php (with capital “B”)
    – JSON.php (all capitals)
    My update with plg_system_jat3.v2.5.1.zip came with :
    – browser.php (with small “b”)
    – json.php (all lowercase)
    Then, the new files don’t overwrite the olds one (at least on Linux hosting)

Removing the olds files correct the bug.</blockquote>

@ccat

Thanks a lot ! Your solution fixed my problem.

Tech. spec : Joomla 2.5, / JA T3 Blank Template / Web hosting : Amen / Linux hosting /

Phill Moderator

That is why I suggested deleting manually the files before installing the latest release. A normal update does not do that hence the problem.

pepperstreet Friend

Just encountered the same problem and error message. Checked my files manually and deleted everything. Downloaded a new archives. Installed again. Checked filename… all are lowercase. (cleaned all caches)

But the error message still appears with capitalized filename ?!?

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class Browser in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/test/plugins/system/jat3/jat3/core/libs/Browser.php on line 139

Huh? Any clues? What/Who exactly calls this file?

EDIT: Tried another fresh install with MAMP, J2.5.3, latest T3v2 files. Just to make sure, it was not a local issue with DB or Folder permissions etc. This time, i was not able to install the Blank Template. The files are in place, but the Template default Style is not visible in backend!?

wiserweb Friend

Same error.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class browser in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/jatc_puresite_j25/plugins/system/jat3/jat3/core/libs/browser.php on line 139

Using OSX Lion, MAMP, quickstart for purity.

Tried everything above it didn’t work. Already using JA EXT 2.5.1.

This is what fixed it.

I changed MAMP Version to 5.2.17 from 5.3.6. Restarted the servers and it worked. This would be a sign that 5.3.x may have issues with JA Extension plugin due to internal changes to how PHP 5.3 handles classes.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

This topic contains 32 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  cyan2405 11 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum