Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Hi! This is Ramiro writing from Argentina. I’m triying to install the last Jat3 Framework Quickstar package for Joomla 2.5. After installation when triying to access the site i get this error: “Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class Browser in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/templatec.com.ar/plugins/system/jat3/jat3/core/libs/Browser.php on line 139” .

This is not the first time i install the framework. I’ve already installed the JAT3 for joomla 1.5 and 1.6.

How can i fix this error?

I’m running XAMPP on Mac OsX

Thanks!

swissa Friend

As you mention OSX, and as this may be due to files and directories being unwritable –

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/error-new-v2-5-install/#post-442867

resurrection Friend

Hi. Thanks for your answer. I can’t see the link you posted cause i’m a free member now.

I’ve tried setting permissions to 777 with the terminal but same problem. :((

swissa Friend

Ahhh. OK

please don’t set permissions to 777 even on a localhost. it isn’t the right solution ever I think.

However, this may help you……..

OS X is known for a few problems with Joomla and permissions.

Try this: Open terminal

sudo chown -R _www ~/Sites/joomla/
    sudo chmod -R ugo+rwx ~/Sites/joomla/

Obviously change the path to your one!!

A good way to solve permissions is to use Admin Tools from Akeeba.

Bestens

resurrection Friend

Ouch.

I first tried to chown and chmod file permissions but that didn’t solve the problem. Then i tried to install Akeeba Admin Tools (i can access de administrator) and fix permissions from there but that didn’t work.

Any other suggestion? :-[

swissa Friend

<em>@resurrection 306670 wrote:</em><blockquote>Ouch.

I first tried to chown and chmod file permissions but that didn’t solve the problem. Then i tried to install Akeeba Admin Tools (i can access de administrator) and fix permissions from there but that didn’t work.

Any other suggestion? :-[</blockquote>

Honestly? Start again!

it’s on a local machine and it sounds like you’ve only just installed so – start again. 😉

I will though suggest you follow this method – for lion anyway,

start apache, php and mysql.

create a NEW database – obviously note all the details. load or unpack the quickstart BUT DON’T install

NOW do my mod

sudo chown -R _www ~/Sites/joomla/
    sudo chmod -R ugo+rwx ~/Sites/joomla/

then you can go ahead and do the install.

That should give you a clean install with all directory permissions as they should be.

Good Luck!

EDIT: Remember to use your path e.g.

/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/templatec.com.ar or

/~username/

Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/templatec.com.ar depending on where it is
    resurrection Friend

Same error proceeding that way 🙁

I think there must be any explanation regarding Jat3 framework quickstart cause i tried installing JA Elastica quickstart package, as i always do, with no problems at all.

swissa Friend

<em>@resurrection 306674 wrote:</em><blockquote>Same error proceeding that way 🙁

I think there must be any explanation regarding Jat3 framework quickstart cause i tried installing JA Elastica quickstart package, as i always do, with no problems at all.</blockquote>

You don’t say what template it is. As the T3 framework is the same in both maybe there was some corruption on the download of the this quickstart so try downloading it again perhaps?

resurrection Friend

<em>@swissa 306675 wrote:</em><blockquote>You don’t say what template it is. As the T3 framework is the same in both maybe there was some corruption on the download of the this quickstart so try downloading it again perhaps?</blockquote>

Sorry. It is the JA T3 Blank for Joomla 2.5. I tried redownloading the file but got the same error.

swissa Friend

I posted originally as Joomla sometimes does not play well with osx and knew the fix for that.

I’m sorry, I don’t know what else to suggest. Hopefully one of the support guys will pick this up soon.

Wish you luck.

resurrection Friend

<em>@swissa 306680 wrote:</em><blockquote>I posted originally as Joomla sometimes does not play well with osx and knew the fix for that.

I’m sorry, I don’t know what else to suggest. Hopefully one of the support guys will pick this up soon.

Wish you luck.</blockquote>

Thanks swissa! Hope that too!

I saw a a post of another user who had the same error but with the Drupal Jat3 blank. Maybe is some kind of bug.

kirsehn Friend

I just wanted to state that I am having the same issue. I am using MAMP Pro on OS X Lion and as soon as I enable the JA Purity II theme and try to use the site, I get this error.

I’ve tried redownloading and reinstalling the framework and JA Purity theme several times, and have encountered the same problem.

I have used JA Purity a number of times in the past for various sites without issue (although not on this specific computer).

UPDATE: I finally tried installing the quickstart package for JA Purity rather than the individual pieces (framework and template), and it did work successfully. Glad I finally got it working, and wish I had thought of trying it sooner (spent several hours over 2 days trying to get this working). This does imply though that there does seem to be some sort of incompatibility, between JA Purity and the latest version of the JAT3 framework. The latest Framework version was released March 6, while the latest JA Purity version is from February.

resurrection Friend

<em>@kirsehn 306709 wrote:</em><blockquote>I just wanted to state that I am having the same issue. I am using MAMP Pro on OS X Lion and as soon as I enable the JA Purity II theme and try to use the site, I get this error.

I’ve tried redownloading and reinstalling the framework and JA Purity theme several times, and have encountered the same problem.

I have used JA Purity a number of times in the past for various sites without issue (although not on this specific computer).

UPDATE: I finally tried installing the quickstart package for JA Purity rather than the individual pieces (framework and template), and it did work successfully. Glad I finally got it working, and wish I had thought of trying it sooner (spent several hours over 2 days trying to get this working). This does imply though that there does seem to be some sort of incompatibility, between JA Purity and the latest version of the JAT3 framework. The latest Framework version was released March 6, while the latest JA Purity version is from February.</blockquote>

Thanks fot posting your comments kirsehn. In my case i really need to install JA blank cause i wanna make my own template. Regular installation with data sample is really needed in my case 😛

ccat Friend

Hi,

I think it is a small “case” bug in the name on the files in the archive.
    In my case, my last install was from plg_system_jat3.v1.6.0.zip in wich you can find in /jat3/core/libs/ :
    – Browser.php (with capital “B”)
    – JSON.php (all capitals)
    My update with plg_system_jat3.v2.5.1.zip came with :
    – browser.php (with small “b”)
    – json.php (all lowercase)
    Then, the new files don’t overwrite the olds one (at least on Linux hosting)

Removing the olds files correct the bug.

resurrection Friend

<em>@ccat 308414 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

I think it is a small “case” bug in the name on the files in the archive.
    In my case, my last install was from plg_system_jat3.v1.6.0.zip in wich you can find in /jat3/core/libs/ :
    – Browser.php (with capital “B”)
    – JSON.php (all capitals)
    My update with plg_system_jat3.v2.5.1.zip came with :
    – browser.php (with small “b”)
    – json.php (all lowercase)
    Then, the new files don’t overwrite the olds one (at least on Linux hosting)

Removing the olds files correct the bug.</blockquote>

Thanks for the tip. I tried to rename my file Browser.php but received the same error. >:(

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

This topic contains 32 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  cyan2405 11 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum