Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Hi,

You can share the credentials of your site: URL, Admin + FTP account so I will have a look and check for you.

Regards

preno Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

Does this template belong to another template provider? as I can see the name is different and by default, T3 Blank doesn’t have JA Extra Fields.

preno Friend

Hi Saguaros, pls. excuse my late reply just coming back from vacation.

No, the template derives from T3BS3 and is just renamed. Other than that, the extra fields where used like you described in your posts/tutorials arround extra fields (moving / creating files and folders in template folder) as well as your T3 documentation (eg here).

It’s my understanding that you can use extra fields with any template based on T3 Framework. So showing the fields tabs in article manager must be actually more of a T3 related topic, than a template related topic, because the way you are using extra fields inT3 based templates is more or less the same in all your templates and has never been any problem to me in renamed templates starting from a blank template in the past before. The logic sits in T3 somewhere, right?

Saguaros Moderator

Did you try to take a backup of your site and update to latest version of Joomla 3.8.1?

nffvalente Friend

Hi,

I have the same problem then I’ve sent the theme files again they(extra fields) appeared for a short time then nothing there is someting that you need to update in the T3 framework so that the fields do not disaper.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

You can share the credentials of your site: URL, Admin + FTP account and tell me the part I can see the issue.

nffvalente Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

I can’t access your site but I think there is issue there, the team is checking on this and will update.

liamhanks Friend

I’m also experiencing this issue. Just commenting to get notifications of updates on this thread.

EDIT: Same issue, but with JA_Healthcare template with T3 plugin 2.7.0 and Joomla 3.8

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by  liamhanks.
    preno Friend

The issue persists with my t3 based templates. Going directly from Joomla 3.7.X to 3.8.2 or any version of 3.8 branch (with a fresh copy from backups) causes the t3 extra fields from "template/etc" folder to disappear. I tried different ways, including leaving T3 at its prior installed version (eg 2.6.4/2.6.X) and solely updating joomla. Also, no matter in which order you perform updates from both t3 and joomla (t3 first, then joomla or vice verca), the update to J3.8 or higher kills my fields in all of these scenarios. No solution yet. The database still has all entries in its "attribs" colums, the category manager still allows to pick defined xml files from etc…. only the article manager does not show the fields any longer. It’s clearly some T3 issue with the Joomla update…

preno Friend

… Based on this t3 discussion post (exactly a comment by Michael Fehrer) i downgraded to T3 2.6.4 (while having a 3.8.2 Joomla). Suddenly and after deleting the browser history, I saw some fields and was able to narrow the issue down a bit. –> If you use the article manager without filtering (search/filter tools) and open an article from there, you’re fine and see the extra fields. If you use the category filter to narrow down your articles by category (which is, what most of us do most likely) and you open the article from the filtered view… extra fields are missing. Meanwhile, I have upgraded to T3 2.7.0 but this behavour persists. I can edit the article extra fields when opening then from an unfiltered article list within the manager. Strangly, the search for articles does seem to work too, but once a category filter is set, the articles just open without the extra fields… hope that helps

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by  preno.
    Saguaros Moderator

I’ve reported to the team for further checking, pls stay tuned.

comp4u Friend

We’ve got the same Problem here with the UBER Theme installed. Are there any news according this Issue?

Saguaros Moderator

@comp4u: kindly share the credentials of your site and the article where I see this issue on your site.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

This topic contains 28 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  olda 6 years, 5 months ago.

The topic ‘Extra Fields Tab not showing in articles after Upgrade Joomla 3.8 and T3 v2.7.0’ is closed to new replies.