Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi,

is it posible to validate the date format.

<field name='date_of_birth'   type='calendar' class='calendar' format='%d-%m-%Y'    default='00-00-0000'  label='TPL_EX_DATE_OF_BIRTH'  description='TPL_EX_DATE_OF_BIRTH_DESC' />

When someone add in the following text in the date field "okt 2015" the content article is fully messed up.
    But I can’t find if it is possible to check the fields before saving.

Best regards,
    Ocean

Saguaros Moderator

Hi

Could you clarify the steps to replicate the issue? I have no clue of where to find this field.

K Schneider Friend
    Saguaros Moderator

I know that tip but I would like to know how you add to replicate the issue?

K Schneider Friend

Add the following script to ../templates/ja_medicare/etc/extrafields/test-fields.xml

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
    <form>
    <fields name='attribs'>
        <fieldset name='extra-fields' label='TPL_GROUP_EXTRA_FIELDS_LABEL2' description='TPL_GROUP_EXTRA_FIELDS_DESC2' group='extrafields'>
            <field name='date_of_birth'   type='calendar' class='calendar' format='%d-%m-%Y'    default='00-00-0000'  label='TPL_EX_DATE_OF_BIRTH'  description='TPL_EX_DATE_OF_BIRTH_DESC' ></field>    
        </fieldset>
    </fields>
    </form>

• add a new category in your back-end for example "test-cat"
    • assign extra field "test-fields" to the category
    • now make a new article in category "test-cat" title ‘test’
    • also put a date in the extra field tab, just by typing the following "okt-2015"
    • save the article
    • try to reopen it ….

oeps…. error

blanco screen see second attachment.

after changing the date by login on your phpmyadmin to the correct format "01-10-2015"

your article can reopen again.

So. Is it possible to validate the extra fields before saving.

1. Schermafbeelding-2016-01-13-om-19.29.32
    2. Schermafbeelding-2016-01-13-om-19.29.45
    Saguaros Moderator

At this moment, the validation like that is not available, you will need to customise to have that feature.

K Schneider Friend

that is a pity…
    Who could modify it through a plugin. $$

Saguaros Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    K Schneider Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Saguaros Moderator

If you’re interested in custom services, you can get a quote from here: https://www.joomlart.com/joomlart/custom-service . One of developer can get it done for you.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 8 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum