Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Hi, I installed an extension on the user6 position. I am using JA Nickel. This is my site: http://centrodeeducacionactiva.com/

The extension is BT Content Slider, for article showcase.

I want the extension to keep the original user6 grayish color, right now it doesn’t look good because the background color of the extension is white (and it displays over the user6 grayish background).

Where can I change those settings?

I also need to know the width of the user6, user8, and user9 module positions. Thanks!

Phill Moderator

Could you give me a link to a page where you have this module enabled? I am sure the white background is coming from your custom module but would need to see it to advise what css you would need to change.

ricardosalgado Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 309545 wrote:</em><blockquote>Could you give me a link to a page where you have this module enabled? I am sure the white background is coming from your custom module but would need to see it to advise what css you would need to change.</blockquote>

I also think it is coming from the module. I just enabled it here: http://centrodeeducacionactiva.com/

Phill Moderator

You would first need to edit modules/mod_bt_contentslider/tmpl/css/btcontentslider.css line 44

From

.slides_container {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #FFFFFF;
    overflow: hidden;
    position: relative;
    }

to

.slides_container {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    overflow: hidden;
    }

Then edit modules/mod_bt_contentslider/tmpl/css/btcontentslider.css line 148

From

.bt-cs .bt-inner {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #FFFFFF;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0 10px;
    }

to

.bt-cs .bt-inner {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0 10px;
    }

ricardosalgado Friend

Thanks! Where can I access <blockquote>modules/mod_bt_contentslider/tmpl/css/btcontentslider.css line 44</blockquote> to edit it? I tried the module manager, but there’s no option there to edit css.

Do you know the width for the user6 position?

TomC Moderator

<em>@ricardosalgado 309551 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks! Where can I access to edit it? I tried the module manager, but there’s no option there to edit css.</blockquote>
    Its within your template file directory – along the path that Phill provided above.

You need to access your template files … modify them with an editor (i.e. Notepad, Notepad++, Dreamweaver …. whatever editor you choose) … save changes and upload the changes to your server files (usually overwriting the file via an FTP client).

You understand how to do this, yes?

Do you know the width for the user6 position?

It’s relative to the content you place within it – along with whether or not you have content assigned to the adjacent module positions.

ricardosalgado Friend

I am a beginner, I wouldn’t want to mess the template and ruin the site. I like the extension, but if there’s no other way, I’d rather not use it.

TomC Moderator

<em>@ricardosalgado 309554 wrote:</em><blockquote>I am a beginner, I wouldn’t want to mess the template and ruin the site. I like the extension, but if there’s no other way, I’d rather not use it.</blockquote>
    Modifying your template files is actually very simple – and is actually one of the most basic things you should learn as you continue with your site development – especially if you are going to want to modify various elements for your site – colors, fonts, widths, heights, etc.

Most use a text editor – such as Notepad or Notepad++ …. however, you can edit these files or you can use the editing interface available in the Template Manager. In the Back-end, select Site>>Extensions[FONT=sans-serif]>>Templates. Select the template you wish to modify. Click the edit icon. You are given the choice of editing “html” and “css.”

Here is an informative posting you will find helpful –> http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/web-development-tool-essentials-design-like-a-pro/

ricardosalgado Friend

I opened template.css, but lines 44 and 148 didn’t have anything to do with the module.

In the JA Nickel demo, the combined size of user6, user8, and user9 positions is 1000 px? Appreciate your help.

TomC Moderator

<em>@ricardosalgado 309558 wrote:</em><blockquote>Once there, I should edit template.css?</blockquote>

For Phill’s suggestions above, you need to follow the following file path . . . .

modules/mod_bt_contentslider/tmpl/css/btcontentslider.css …. line 44
    Phill Moderator

If you would like to send me your FTP details via PM I would be happy to take a look for you.

Please remember though that if you ever update this module (If for instance its developer releases a new version) that you would need to re-apply these changes so it is a good idea to make notes and also learn how to use ftp and a text editor yourself.

TomC Moderator

<em>@phill luckhurst 309571 wrote:</em><blockquote>If you would like to send me your FTP details via PM I would be happy to take a look for you.
    </blockquote>
    Personally, I think he would get a lot more out of the process and experience if we were to continue to help guide him and he were to try to accomplish this on his own – as it is important that he lean how to work with/modify CSS items when working with CSS based web design.

😎

Phill Moderator

Did you not read what I wrote above? When I do these things I also talk the user though the process. No need to comment and confuse further.

TomC Moderator

<em>@phill luckhurst 309696 wrote:</em><blockquote>Did you not read what I wrote above? When I do these things I also talk the user though the process. No need to comment and confuse further.</blockquote>
    Deeeep Breath . . . . Deeeep Breath . . . .

Wasn’t altogether clear, Phill . . . no need to get upity.

1. PeaceSmiley
    ricardosalgado Friend

Thanks to both of you. I’ll make the notes for when a new version of the module is released. I imagine that I can modify the same file so instead of a read more button, it can say leer más (read more in spanish). I’d appreciate if you can guide me. I just bought this one license because I needed to build my site, I am not a website technician.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 12 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum