Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

You’re right, I can access it now. However, the provided FTP account doesn’t have permission to edit file/folder, could you grant more permission to it?

ianw1974 Friend

Fixed permissions, temporarily assigned them to your username. So you should be able to edit now. Please let me know the changes later. The problem will be that these later need to be incorporated into the proper Nuevo template at joomlart, because at present I believe it’s not completely compatible with PostgreSQL.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

I still can’t edit file/folder there. I tried to rename the ‘article’ folder in this directory: /templates/ja_nuevo/html/com_content/ but I can’t, it throws error:

550 Permission denied.

Regards

ianw1974 Friend

Permissions were fine. I suggest best thing to set up postgresql on a virtual machine, with Apache/PHP, the appropriate joomla required modules for php and pgsql of course. Install sample joomla site data, and add nuevo template. You will get the same results as me.

My server is not a test server, it’s a live environment, so I have now removed the ftp server as it’s a security risk I don’t like, and I’ve also removed postgresql and the demo site.

As far as I see, the JA templates are not completed tested to be integrated with Joomla and PostgreSQL and therefore they should be tested and fixed in-house, rather than using someone elses server as a test bed.

Also JA Extensions Manager also fails with a PostgreSQL backend as it’s trying to use mysql code, so it’s not just this template. Templates being released saying supported on postgresql should work, which based on the errors posted here and also from the logs, shows that this is not the case.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by  ianw1974.
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

I asked for login access as it’s your live site so I would like to fix it directly for you.

I will also pass to the team for further checking with postgresql.

Regards

ianw1974 Friend

In post #4 I quoted it was a demo site set up with demo data because I was thinking of migrating my live site to Joomla+PostgreSQL with Nuevo template. However, as the template doesn’t work I cannot do it.

If and when it is fixed by Joomlart, then I can check and think about it again in the future. However, as JA Extension Manager also doesn’t work at all with PostgreSQL I rather think that this hasn’t been completely tested even when they state that they support PostgreSQL.

As MySQL/MariaDB is the most-used backend, I expect that PostgreSQL with Joomla is a lost-cause anyway, because no one will really ensure support for it until at least a majority or that more users start to use such a configuration.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

Let’s see the team check this further. Does your server restrict to use postgresql? could you try mysql?

ianw1974 Friend

No, I have MariaDB, but was contemplating to migrate to PostgreSQL.

Saguaros Moderator

May I know which version of PostgreSQL are you using? Joomla recommend 9.1 + version so I can report to the team for further checking.

ianw1974 Friend

PostgreSQL 9.5

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by  ianw1974.
    Saguaros Moderator

Thank you for the info.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

This topic contains 25 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum