Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I have a few errors when rebuilding db (Form Customization). It shows the following message:
    1. message “Error Updating The Table” –> What should I do to fix it ?? :((
    2. message “Successfully updated table” but the fields are still in red and don’t show up for front-end user. :confused:

These errors appeared in resume form. Please kindly check the red fields and fix them asap 😮

Anonymous Moderator

Hi zealze,

Thank you for the report.

We are inspecting on the issue and shall give you the answer ASAP.

zealze Friend

Thank you for your attention.
    I’m looking forward to hear from you soon.
    Hopefully you could fix this in no-time since I’m about to overdue the launch of my website. 🙁

Cheers !!! 🙂

Anonymous Moderator

Hi again,

Thank you for your patience so far.

I would like to answer your questions as below:

1. message “Error Updating The Table” –> What should I do to fix it ?? :((

We have checked and could see that your mysql database is not updated to version 5.0.3 yet. This version only supports data VARCHAR (max length = 255). Meanwhile, with Jobboard, upon adding one filed (if in form of TEXTFIELD ) shall require mysql VARCHAR (max length 525)(Mysql version 5.0.3 or more). There are 2 solutions for this:
    – You upgrade your mysql to version 5.0.3 or more
    – You reset FTP account so that we can have full permission to modify JB files and fix this error

2. message “Successfully updated table” but the fields are still in red and don’t show up for front-end user. :confused:

We shall update the wrong message within new version soon.

The error is caused because the field_name of newly created one has existed within database already.

In this case, kindly go to database, check if there is any field that has the same name with the field you have created within Form customization or not. If exists, please remove it from database or rename the newly created field so that database could be successfully rebuilt.

zealze Friend

Hi,

Thank you very much for your prompt response. 😎
    I forwarded your answer to the team who handle the database already.
    Hopefully, they could fix it. Otherwise, I will have to come back to you again.

zealze Friend

Hi again,

I still have problems with rebuilding db especially with ‘single select’ & ‘text field’ field types.
    I tried change the very same field to text area and rebuild db. There’s no problem at all.
    Please kindly suggest how to fix this problem asap.

ps. I have purchased this component for a month already but still couldn’t get it right. If I still couldn’t get it all right by the end of 3 months, I probably feel like being cheated. This is my personal opinion only. Hope you understand me.

Anonymous Moderator

Hi there,

Please reset permission so that I can save the revision to Job Board files. This can be fixed very shortly

zealze Friend

<em>@JA Developer 157586 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi there,

Please reset permission so that I can save the revision to Job Board files. This can be fixed very shortly</blockquote>

Hi,

My server administrater asked what are the changes needed.
    Please specify root/folder(s) you want access to make change(s).

ps. ASAP please 🙂

Anonymous Moderator

Hi,

Please grant us full permission for both Job Board folders including front end and back-end.

zealze Friend

Please refer to the information I submitted with this topic.
    Otherwise, please suggest how to give the requested information to you.

Anonymous Moderator

Hi there

I have checked this table and saw that you have inserted 72 fields and some fields stored in a large size.It exceeds the size of row in table of mysql which mysql allows.

To solve this issue, you have to decrease the size of fields which have varchar type to 255 or change to text or blob type. At that time, you can add more fields in your table.

Hope you understand my explanation.

zealze Friend

<em>@JA Developer 158107 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi there

I have checked this table and saw that you have inserted 72 fields and some fields stored in a large size.It exceeds the size of row in table of mysql which mysql allows.

To solve this issue, you have to decrease the size of fields which have varchar type to 255 or change to text or blob type. At that time, you can add more fields in your table.

Hope you understand my explanation.</blockquote>

I tried to find the cause and change it.
    Unfortunately, I couldn’t understand your explanation :confused:
    Could you please specify where & how to fix ?? :((
    It quite frustrated to unable to change radio button to single select…..

zealze Friend

<em>@zealze 158255 wrote:</em><blockquote>I tried to find the cause and change it.
    Unfortunately, I couldn’t understand your explanation :confused:
    Could you please specify where & how to fix ?? :((
    It quite frustrated to unable to change radio button to single select…..</blockquote>

Hi again,

I accidentially deleted ‘master university’ field which is needed for resume form.
    The field is ‘single select’ type…… I cannot rebuild db for this.
    Everytime I do, it keeps saying “Error updating table”….. Don’t know what to do know. :((

What even worst is when I want to change phone number from “integer” to “text field”, it won’t allow me. The message appears “Error updating table”……. OMG !!!! >:(

Anonymous Moderator

Hi zealze

I have checked your database and saw that you have not changed as my explanation(http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showpost.php?p=156259&postcount=4)

in jos_ja_resumes table , I have just changed some fields which are using varchar type from 525 to 255 and then rebuild some fields in Forms customization. It it working fine.

zealze Friend

Hi,

Thank you very much for your support.
    It’s working properly now.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  HeR0 10 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum