Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

When I add and index a new article, it appears as an item in the JA Filter component just fine.

However, when I click the item, it goes to a page with a blank content area (and the article appears to be using my homepage itemID — which I do not want, as I have removed the content area from the home page for design purposes.)

My assumption (perhaps incorrect):
    If the new article has a menu item, that itemID is used to create the url when the "details" link is clicked.
    If the new article does NOT have a menu item, the home page’s itemID is used.

If that is correct, how can I set a different itemID for the item besides the home page?

Luna Garden Moderator

Hi,

May I know which extension you’re using to filter in JA MegaFilter? You can share the credentials of your site so I will take a look.

Regards

thesdhotel Friend

My assumption (perhaps incorrect): If the new article has a menu item, that itemID is used to create the url when the "details" link is clicked. If the new article does NOT have a menu item, the home page’s itemID is used.

Damn I hope this is not actually the case because I will definitely need it in the future.

To the JA Staff, the ItemID that should be used when there is no Menu Item assigned to the article (only if there is no Menu Item assigned to the article already, of course), has to be the Menu Item of the Megafilter itself, not the Homepage menu Item.

Luna Garden Moderator

Hi,

Actually it’s impossible. The item in Result Page belongs to third party extension, once you open Item Page it will route to other component page, and we can’t do anything about it.

m3support Friend

I came up with a solution to this @thesdhotel (by the way, I am in San Diego).

This assumes using the ARTICLE method, not K2 or anything like that.

1. Create a hidden menu item, CATEGORY BLOG, for each category your articles/items belong to.
    2. Whatver modules/theme/styles you apply to that hidden menu item will be picked up by the article.

Steve Babbitt
    Mile3 Web Development, Inc.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  m3support 6 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum