Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author

How about now?

timtecsa Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 306080 wrote:</em><blockquote>How about now?</blockquote>

3D Printing menu still AWOL for me. 🙁 BTW I’ve turned on “Enable Development Mode” in the template settings to avoid cache problems. Made no difference.

JANewspro catch 22?

Tim

Phill Moderator

What 3d printing menu? Can you post images because I am not sure what you are on about. All I did was go into the module manager for that item and set it to only appear on the home menu instead of also on the 3D Printing Menu

Phill Moderator

Looking at your back end now I see you have set that JA Newspro module to appear on no pages? What exactly do you want to do with it? Where do you want it to show and under how many levels?

timtecsa Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 306086 wrote:</em><blockquote>Looking at your back end now I see you have set that JA Newspro module to appear on no pages? What exactly do you want to do with it? Where do you want it to show and under how many levels?</blockquote>

I would like to use JANewspro for all menus at all levels. As most images on the site are remote I cannot use the core content stuff as, it seems, image re-sizing uses the JA Thumbnail plugin which is supposed to work only on locally stored images.

Essentially I’m trying to move our Teline II site (J1.5) over to Teline 4 on J2.5.

I’ve now marked the Default JNews module to show on relevant pages but not selected any source(s). Is that what you mean? Without sources it makes no difference I can see.

Tim

1. 3DP_menu
    Phill Moderator

I really do not understand what you are wanting. The module can be assigned to any menu item in the module manager. That is what the box on the left does and that is all I adjusted. I went to the module manager and for the JANewsPro item that you have set for the 3D menu I unticked the box (on the left at the bottom) that you had ticked. This box makes it appear on any page under your 3D menu item. The selectors on the top fight of that page determine which category that the module will pull the articles from.

None of this has any effect on the dropdown menus. Maybe you have removed that item in the menu manager.

timtecsa Friend

The 3D Printing item is present in the Menu Manager under Ind News. (see attached) Would it appear on the front end per previous image otherwise?

Maybe if the Joomlart Teline IV demo site were to showcase the JANewspro module under any other menu than the Homepage I would be more convinced that it could be used as usefully and widely as JANews. Maybe it is only suitable for use on 1 (Home) menu? Or as I have, it needs duplicating for top level menus? But for all 2nd level menus too?

Tim

1. menu-mgr
    Phill Moderator

I still do not know what you want? Modules appear as you assign them. Please detail exactly what you want to appear where in detail or I cannot help. Any module you can assign to any menu and you can make it appear anywhere you want. Until I fully understand exactly what you want I cannot advise.

timtecsa Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 306124 wrote:</em><blockquote>I still do not know what you want? Modules appear as you assign them. Please detail exactly what you want to appear where in detail or I cannot help. Any module you can assign to any menu and you can make it appear anywhere you want. Until I fully understand exactly what you want I cannot advise.</blockquote>

I want to use JANewspro module to display all levels of menu item content. Cannot use Teline IV on J2.5 otherwise, because of lack of image (remote images) sizing in menus.

Apart from the problem of unwanted occurrences of the menu content (or empty menu content) above the actual article it seems to work OK. It would be nice to have the option to show how many more pages are under any menu beyond those displayed. Seems to be a missing feature on JANewspro, but part of core Joomla and old JANews module. e.g.
    Start Prev 1234567NextEnd

Page 1 of 7

Tim

Phill Moderator

Maybe Tom can understand better what you want because I am really struggling here.

timtecsa Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 306135 wrote:</em><blockquote>Maybe Tom can understand better what you want because I am really struggling here.</blockquote>

What I don’t want is to see the contents of a menu (e.g. http://jatct4j25.globalprintmonitor.info/index.php/ind-news/3d-printing ) I just used to select an article (e.g. http://jatct4j25.globalprintmonitor.info/index.php/ind-news/3d-printing/718-morris-technologies-develops-stainless-17-4-ph-for-dmls-manufacturing ) displayed above the article.

That’s all. If the only option is to not have the menu contents displayed at all we are no further ahead.

Tim

Phill Moderator

Sorry, still do not get you. I will ask one of the other team members to take a look.

timtecsa Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 306142 wrote:</em><blockquote>Sorry, still do not get you. I will ask one of the other team members to take a look.</blockquote>

I’m coming to the conclusion that something is bad when saving the Module Assignment for this menu Item. It often doesn’t stick on the source selected when saving. Maybe because I’m using Chrome browser?? Sometimes a red “K2 is not installed” message pops up momentarily too!!! K2 is indeed not installed.

Tim

I give up. The Save button on Module Assignment for this menu Item does not SAVE anything.

vojoudi Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 306068 wrote:</em><blockquote>Could you post a link to your site please?</blockquote>

Dear phill luckhurst

this is the website: http://hvacrnews.ir/
    in the home page, after the Ja News Pro module, the featured articles are repeated and the Breadcrumbs is showing after “Ja News Pro”. I dont want anything to be after the “Ja News Pro”

Phill Moderator

<em>@vojoudi 306213 wrote:</em><blockquote>Dear phill luckhurst

this is the website: http://hvacrnews.ir/
    in the home page, after the Ja News Pro module, the featured articles are repeated and the Breadcrumbs is showing after “Ja News Pro”. I dont want anything to be after the “Ja News Pro”</blockquote>

Could you PM me a super admin logon. Please include a link to your site and to this thread in your PM to save me a little time searching. My internet connection is very slow here at the moment.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

This topic contains 34 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  timtecsa 12 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum