Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

What kind of font is the default one?
    How is it possible to change it as a defualt?

Thanks in advance,
    Federico

TomC Moderator

For which element are you referring? – Article content?, Headlines? Main Nav?

TomC Moderator

For which element are you referring? – Article content?, Headlines? Main Nav?

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Federico,

The default font base is set via the less file: /root/templates/ja_teline_v/less/variables.less

You can look for this declaration:

// Typography
    // -------------------------
    @font-family-sans-serif: "Roboto", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
    @font-family-alt: "Roboto Condensed", "Arial Narrow", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
    @font-family-serif: "Roboto Slab", Cambria, Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif;
    @font-family-monospace: Monaco, Menlo, Consolas, "Courier New", monospace;
    @font-family-base: @font-family-sans-serif;

and change the variable: font-family-base to your desired font.

Plz keep in mind that if your site is running with dev mode (you can see in template manager section), the changes in less file will affect immediately. But in case, the dev mode is OFF, you will need to compile less to css and REMEMBER to backup all css files first.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Federico,

The default font base is set via the less file: /root/templates/ja_teline_v/less/variables.less

You can look for this declaration:

// Typography
    @font-family-sans-serif: "Roboto", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
    @font-family-alt: "Roboto Condensed", "Arial Narrow", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
    @font-family-serif: "Roboto Slab", Cambria, Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif;

and change the variable: font-family-base to your desired font.

Plz keep in mind that if your site is running with dev mode (you can see in template manager section), the changes in less file will affect immediately. But in case, the dev mode is OFF, you will need to compile less to css and REMEMBER to backup all css files first.

fbernardello Friend

Dear Saguaros,
    thank you for your reply.

There is something I can’t understand…
    I suspected some problems with my pcs, but I checked with different ones, having always the same results.

The default font should be a Sans-Serif, like for example Google “Roboto” as we can find in the variables.less file.
    All the sites with Teline-V I can find on the web, also mine, DOES have a font WITH serifs.

Attached some examples…
    What is at the end the font used?
    With your pcs, do you see different fonts?

Regards,
    Federico

fbernardello Friend

Dear Saguaros,
    thank you for your reply.

There is something I can’t understand…
    I suspected some problems with my pcs, but I checked with different ones, having always the same results.

The default font should be a Sans-Serif, like for example Google “Roboto” as we can find in the variables.less file.
    All the sites with Teline-V I can find on the web, also mine, DOES have a font WITH serifs.

Attached some examples…
    What is at the end the font used?
    With your pcs, do you see different fonts?

Regards,
    Federico

Saguaros Moderator

You can post your site’s URL here so that I can take a look

Saguaros Moderator

You can post your site’s URL here so that I can take a look

TomC Moderator

Different content types use different font types – which can be modified within the relative CSS files . . . which is why I originally asked for which elements you were wanting to modify the font type on your site. Once that issue is specified, then we can provide more concise suggestion as to how to modify it site wide (i.e. via CSS).

fbernardello Friend

Dear @saguaros,
    my website is not yet published; in order to access it, you should add an entry to your local hostfile.
    Otherwise, I’m going online in a few weeks.

By the way, if you look at the official demo site, do you see a font WITH serifs or not?
    If so, there is something wrong…
    Whick font is supposed to be?

Thank you in advance,
    Federico

fbernardello Friend

Dear @saguaros,
    my website is not yet published; in order to access it, you should add an entry to your local hostfile.
    Otherwise, I’m going online in a few weeks.

By the way, if you look at the official demo site, do you see a font WITH serifs or not?
    If so, there is something wrong…
    Whick font is supposed to be?

Thank you in advance,
    Federico

Saguaros Moderator

HI Federico,

As I mentioned in my above post, this template has several fonts used in different places:

// Typography

And the base font is: @font-family-sans-serif: “Roboto”, “Helvetica Neue”, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;

You can also use Firebug editor in Firefox and see which font is being used: http://prntscr.com/91f27d

Saguaros Moderator

HI Federico,

As I mentioned in my above post, this template has several fonts used in different places:

// Typography

And the base font is: @font-family-sans-serif: “Roboto”, “Helvetica Neue”, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;

You can also use Firebug editor in Firefox and see which font is being used: http://prntscr.com/91f27d

fbernardello Friend

Dear @saguaros,
    thank you for your feedback and for the suggestion.

I finally understood the fonts used for titles (H1, H2, ecc..) is the “Roboto Slab”, since the font family set is “Roboto Slab, Cambria, Georgia, ecc…”.

Where can I find this code? Could you suggest me the proper css file?

Thank you!
    Federico

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  fbernardello 8 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum