Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I have an extrafield “date” with the format is dd-mm-yyy. I want to be able to filter a range of years (i.e. from 1856 till 2011) with the use of a slider.

I realise that I will have to hack the script in order to do this. However this task should not be too difficult, as it is easy with PHP to convert a date format into a number.

Perhaps you can push me in the right direction by telling me where in the script I should start looking in order to make these alterations.

Thanks & regards,

Erik

Luna Garden Moderator

Hi Erik,

Our developer had a look at your question, pls give him more time to investigate further.

We will answer you soon with some suggestions.

Luna Garden Moderator

Hi,

We have a suggestion like this:
    1. In module, add range slider to date type format. You can choose the value of year maximum and minimum.
    Edit in file: modulesmod_jak2filterelementsk2extrafield.php copy line 270 to 249.
    2. In front-end, when searching, add value to make the number to date format, for example user select a range from 1999 to 2010 we will add it to: from 1-1-1999 to 31-12-2010
    Edit in file: componentscom_jak2filtermodelsitemlist.php from line 1308 to 1318,
    – Check Data type is Date then adding the suffix to minimum value and maximum value.

eabe Friend

I can only see break; in line 270 and also the same in 249.

Can you please explain again what exactly needs to be copied and where?

Thanks

The Captain Moderator

Hi eabe,

You can try with my tweak here:

• In the file modules/mod_jak2filter/elements/k2extrafield.php, +/ Search the snippet of code:

case 'date':
      $typeOptions[] = JHTML::_('select.option', $prefix.'date', JText::_('FILTER_TYPE_DATE'));
      $typeOptions[] = JHTML::_('select.option', $prefix.'daterange', JText::_('FILTER_TYPE_DATERANGE'));

Replace by the code:

case 'date':
      $typeOptions[] = JHTML::_('select.option', $prefix.'date', JText::_('FILTER_TYPE_DATE'));
      $typeOptions[] = JHTML::_('select.option', $prefix.'daterange', JText::_('FILTER_TYPE_DATERANGE'));
      $typeOptions[] = JHTML::_('select.option', $prefix.'rangeslider', JText::_('FILTER_TYPE_RANGE_SLIDER'));
    • In the file components/com_jak2filter/models/itemlist.php, search the snippet of code:

case 'range':
        list($from, $to) = explode('|', $value);
                 if($from != '') {
                       $from = (int) $from;
                       $searchPattern = $prefix.$this->rgRange($from, 1);
                        $where[] = "(i.extra_fields REGEXP '".$searchPattern."')";
                   }
                   if($to != '') {
                         $to = (int) $to;
                          $searchPattern = $prefix.$this->rgRange($to, 0);
                    }
                    break;

Replace by the code:

case 'range':
                                  preg_match_all('/[0-9]+/',$field, $matches);
                                  $fxid = $matches[0][0];
                                  list($from, $to) = explode('|', $value);
                                  if($from != '') {
                                      if($this->isDateFX($fxid))
                                      {
                                          $from = $from.'-01-01';
                                          $searchPattern = $prefix.$this->rgRange($from, 1, 'date');
                                      }else
                                      {
                                          $from = (int) $from;
                                          $searchPattern = $prefix.$this->rgRange($from, 1);
                                      }
                                  }
                                  if($to != '') {
                                      if($this->isDateFX($fxid))
                                      {
                                          $to = $to.'-12-31';
                                          $searchPattern = $prefix.$this->rgRange($to, 0, 'date');
                                      }else
                                      {
                                          $to = (int) $to;
                                          $searchPattern = $prefix.$this->rgRange($to, 0);
                                      }
                                  }
                                  break;

Hope this helps.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  The Captain 8 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum