Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Okay, Try This . . . .

Within your custom.css file – which should be within file path /templates/purity_iii/css/custom.css – paste the following CSS rule:

.head-search, .navbar-toggle + .head-search {
    margin-top: 15px;
    }

SAVE CHANGES – CLEAR CACHE – REFRESH PAGE

If that doesn’t work, then try the following . . . .

Within file path —> /templates/purity_iii/css/themes/comenpur/template.css
    at line 2556, modify the CSS rule as folllows:

right: 10px;
    top: 0;
    }

madhall Friend

Worked like a charm!! confirmed that custom.css is working as well

Cheers
    madhall
    <em>@TomC 433601 wrote:</em><blockquote>Okay, Try This . . . .

Within your custom.css file – which should be within file path /templates/purity_iii/css/custom.css – paste the following CSS rule:

}

If that doesn’t work, then try the following . . . .

Within file path —> /templates/purity_iii/css/themes/comenpur/template.css
    at line 2556, modify the CSS rule as folllows:

right: 10px;
    top: 0;
    }

SAVE CHANGES – CLEAR CACHE – REFRESH PAGE</blockquote>

TomC Moderator

Glad to be of assistance . . . . All the best with your continuing site development.

😎

madhall Friend

Cheers! thanks for all the support!

tehribo Friend

Hello,

I have similar problem, hope somebody will help because it makes me mad >:(.

I am building a new site with the great Purity 3 template.
    In the beginning I was using the Custom.css file successfully, but now it just stopped working.

What I mean is that the old classes which I set in CUSTOM.CSS are still there, but when I add a new class /or even remove the old ones/ they just do not apply.

I read a lot in Google, in this forum, but nothing….
    Optimize CSS – disabled
    Browser chache, history blah blah blah- cleared
    Joomla cache – purged

And the weirdest thing is that at one of the pages somehow a test-style applied ( body {font-size:500px;} ) I did it for the try. But now I cannot revert it back ….

Thank you in advance!

TomC Moderator

It would be helpful if you could provide the url of the site you’re working on – pointing out some of the newer CSS elements you say aren’t working as they should.

juliejo Friend

I’ve got the same problem. My custom.css file worked fine when I made some edits a while back to my test site home page. But the newer code Ive added to it arent being read, even though they work fine when I paste them into the custom.css file in firefox developer tool. Weird. Ive emptied the cache and refreshed. ive even tried putting the custom.css on the top level of the JA Purity III file as well as the css folder. the code Ive added its not reading should add a masthead background onto this page:
    http://playground.cat.org.uk/postgraduate-courses/msc-sustainability-and-adaptation-planning/sap-overview-2
    and the code Ive used is:
    div#Mod115
    { background: url(“/images/castell_wide.jpg”) no-repeat center center;
    width: 100% !important; }
    I cant get the background to appear without using developer tools!
    strange
    Can you help?!

juliejo Friend

I’ve got the same problem. My custom.css file worked fine when I made some edits a while back to my test site home page. But the newer code Ive added to it arent being read, even though they work fine when I paste them into the custom.css file in firefox developer tool. Weird. Ive emptied the cache and refreshed. ive even tried putting the custom.css on the top level of the JA Purity III file as well as the css folder. the code Ive added its not reading should add a masthead background onto this page:
    http://playground.cat.org.uk/postgraduate-courses/msc-sustainability-and-adaptation-planning/sap-overview-2
    div#Mod115
    strange
    Can you help?!

juliejo Friend

div#Mod115
    strange
    Can you help?!

TomC Moderator

This can also depend on the particular theme one is working with – as custom.css works best with base/core template CSS issues, as opposed to specific color theme CSS or specific component CSS.

TomC Moderator

This can also depend on the particular theme one is working with – as custom.css works best with base/core template CSS issues, as opposed to specific color theme CSS or specific component CSS.

TomC Moderator

juliejo Friend

Thanks for the info. It turned out the server cache isnt allowing the updated custom.css file for about 24 hours so its a problem at server end. That info useful anyway!

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

This topic contains 28 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 8 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum