Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

HI,
    You have closed the previous topic (cf https://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/lato-font-on-all-the-site/) but it is not entirely resolved
    Indeed there is indeed a conflict! Indeed there is indeed a conflict! The extension team took the time to give me a long answer 🙂 :
    "

Our module is indeed loading bootstrap but we are using a customized and prefixed non-conflict version. So it’s very unlikely your problem is related directly to our module (or only to our module, because, for example, the bootstrap library doesn’t even load font related rules).
    The discussion is a little more complicated and technical but, sadly to say, it’s very likely that your template provider didn’t followed some best practices when customizing the template (for example, the core bootstrap classes should never be targeted directly or altered by the theme provided, etc).
    Currently, this file is loaded very high in the header, which means its CSS rules can be overwritten by other CSS files that are loaded afterwards (our module css file being one of them, but not the only one).

This is a commonly known bad practice to use in general and, with Joomla, in particular, because there are many default or external modules/plugins that will load custom CSS files. So, the general rule is for the template css file to be loaded after the block where Joomla! loads it’s internal header (that’s being used to load the module related CSS/JS files, etc). In your case, this rule is not implemented properly and this can cause a number of problems in general, not only with our module.

"
    Can you get this information back to the author and make a new version soon that does not conflict with other extensions. In the meantime, if you could make me a temporary solution 🙂
    Regards

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

As I can see that many other extensions which load bootstrap will have option so that you can decide to load Bootstrap or not, this simple option will avoid unexpected conflict. As I sent screenshot in that topic, it’s inheriting style from module directly.

hdcms Friend

hi,
    To be sure I understood:
    1 / long term;
    Your solution is: the other extensions have to adapt (by having a checkbox to deactivate their bootstrap) and not to you to modify the code as it proposes?
    2 / short term;
    I do not understand (and do not see the screen shot) to solve this problem. The only solution was to deactivate the module !!
    Thank you for your support
    Regards

Saguaros Moderator

That exclude option is applied in many other extensions and I think it’s good to avoid any conflict.

I will also pass to the team to take a look on this.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum