Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Hi,

We have configured some child products for our shop using Mesolite II. The child products are not displayed when using the Mesolite ii theme for VM, but they are shown when using the default theme.

Can you tell me how to show child products on the Mesolite ii flypages?

Thanks

bigspring Friend

In fact, child products are shown but not when the option “Use List box for child products” is selected on the parent product.

Saguaros Moderator

Yes, did you resolve this issue ? 🙂

bigspring Friend

Hi,

No the issue is not resolved.

Child products are not displayed when I select the option “Use List box for child products” on the parent product. We’d like to use this feature.

Can you advise?

Thanks

prestonq Friend

Hi
    I have the same problem
    Please help us

buzibuzi Friend

same here, please help

Manos Moderator

Hello,
    Which version of VM are you using?

buzibuzi Friend

<em>@pascm 258946 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello,
    Which version of VM are you using?</blockquote>

using version VM 1.1.9

actually i found a workaround by replacing:

ja-zeolitetemplatesproduct_detailsincludesaddtocart_list_single.tpl.php

file with the same file from the default template.

don’t know if this is the complete solution.

Manos Moderator

Actualy this is a VM issue.

But you can also do this

Goto file administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/shop.browse.php around line 86
    and change
    elseif( $num_rows == 0 && empty($product_type_id) && empty($child_list)) {
    To
    elseif( $num_rows == 0 && empty($product_type_id) && !empty($child_list)) {

😉 I hope that helps

buzibuzi Friend

<em>@pascm 258970 wrote:</em><blockquote>Actualy this is a VM issue.

But you can also do this

Goto file administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/shop.browse.php around line 86
    and change
    elseif( $num_rows == 0 && empty($product_type_id) && empty($child_list)) {
    To
    elseif( $num_rows == 0 && empty($product_type_id) && !empty($child_list)) {

😉 I hope that helps</blockquote>

thanks for the quick response !
    i’ll try it

Manos Moderator

Ok! I will wait for an update from you! 😉

rhenline Friend

If you try what the poster originally said was the problem it does not work. This is only a partial fix. There seems to be a problem with the JA-Mesolite II theme when the Use List box for child products is checked in the parent product and also have the Add to Cart Button for each Child radio button selected. Try adding some child products to a product in the demo and you will see what we are talking about. I have been searching hours now for a fix for this problem. Like they said the only way it will show the child products is if you have the Use List box for child products unchecked.

rhenline Friend

Just tried the JA-Zeolite theme and it does not work with that theme either. The fix pascm describes here is the fix for child categories not child products.

rhenline Friend

Found the problem! Here is the solution….
    Open this file in an editor
    components/com_virtuemart/themes/ja-mesolite/templates/product_details/includes/addtocart_form.tpl.php
    On line 10 change…
    list($html,$children) = $ps_product_attribute->list_attribute( ( $product_parent_id > 0 ) ? $product_parent_id : $product_id, $product_price);

to

list($html,$children) = $ps_product_attribute->list_attribute( ( $product_parent_id > 0 ) ? $product_parent_id : $product_id);

save and upload to site and now your child products should work.

Now if I can just get the product quantity up and down arrows to work!

rhenline Friend

Found another problem after this one and fixed it.

In IE9 the minicart would not update when clicking on a product after doing the fix I posted above for the child products. Worked in Firefox 7 just fine.

The problem was in the function updateMiniCarts in themes.js what I did to fix it was copy the entire updateMiniCarts function from the default theme.js file to the ja-mesolite theme.js file.

Still need to fix the product quantity up and down buttons they do nothing right now in any browser.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  rhenline 12 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum